Game thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 8:00 12/28/2019 [Game #33]

I said those coaches like Pop and Spo that were defending Fiz saying he shouldn't have been fired were wrong. Fiz was a great BS artist but a mediocre, overpaid head coach. Berman wrote a piece today on why Miller is a better coach than Fizdale. Fiz the worst head coach of the 30 head coaches in Knicks history and his record proves it.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/how-knicks-mike-miller-is-making-david-fizdale-defenders-look-bad/

Fizdale is a reminder that being likable and popular with your colleagues is a skill that could let you advance beyond the current levels of your other skills. Fizdale is a good guy with a ton of friends in the league, including influential coaches like Popovich and Spoelstra. He just doesn?t have it as an NBA head coach. I doubt he gets a 3rd chance at it.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Yeah, we all thought this should be a 27-27 win team.... Fiz has them
underperforming, and this probably speaks to his poor coaching. It all began last season when Fiz punted the season for Zion. It?s one thing to play kids to encourage losing, but he obviously didn?t coach or care bc nothing was instilled in the kids that carried over.

I hope Miller has us at .500, then some reporter goes back to Spo, Pops, and Kerr and have them guess why a G-league/HS coach got more out of this roster than the star-whisperer Fiz was able to!

Kiyaman

Legend
I enjoyed the game last night, but really on the fence about what this team should do.

Even if this team plays 0.500 from here on out, which would be an accomplishment for this team, we?re still looking at something like a 33 - 49 record at the end of the season, which isn?t much to write home about.

Our best bet still seems to be to move our guys with team options for next season and take back bad contracts to acquire picks.

The best thing for the Knicks at the start of the New Year are to play .500 B.ball to have 9 to 11 Keepers for next season.
It would be a good thing for the Knicks organization to have a 30+ winning season .. that's the start of a rebuilding team.
Trading players before the Feb. deadline are for playoff teams looking for winning players like Marcus Morris to put into their rotation.
Morris is a valuable asset to the Knicks young-core players growth. I would like to trade Randle's poor passing skills, and ball-hogging skills that lead to consistent turnovers, but no NBA GM will give Dolan's LOSERS Mills/Perry a fare shake in a trade. I don't even trust the Knicks Mills/Perry fanatics to trade DSJ.
I would rather interim coach Mike Miller show what he could do the rest of the season with the roster our LOSERS Mills/Perry gave to the incompetent fake coach Fizdale.

I missed the game last night to party-hardy with friends/family .. The Knicks vs Wizaed highlights showed the Knicks starters couldn't grab the lead in the first quarter, It took the Knicks 2nd unit Frank Dotson Knox and Portis to come in and grab the Knicks first lead and stretch it to a Knicks 10 pt lead to end the first quarter. The Knicks sorry starters lost the 10 pt lead quickly in the 2nd quarter to give the Wizards a 4 pt lead 2 min before Halftime.
I'm sorry to say, but Payton (4 pts) RJ (14 pts) and Randle's (30 pts, 16 rbs, 6 ast, and 5 turnovers) are not NBA starters for a winning NBA team. And the G.League Wizards team prove that as a fact last night in crunchtime almost getting the win.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, we all thought this should be a 27-27 win team.... Fiz has them
underperforming, and this probably speaks to his poor coaching. It all began last season when Fiz punted the season for Zion. It’s one thing to play kids to encourage losing, but he obviously didn’t coach or care bc nothing was instilled in the kids that carried over.

I hope Miller has us at .500, then some reporter goes back to Spo, Pops, and Kerr and have them guess why a G-league/HS coach got more out of this roster than the star-whisperer Fiz was able to!

I thought, the Mills/Perry FO were fools the day they hired a head-coach Fizdale that just got FIRED 17 games into the season on his first head coaching job in the NBA. And when Fizdale started changing the Knicks starter lineup 4 games into the 2018-19 season, then 2 games later taking Kanter out the starter lineup in the 6th game of the season .... I wanted Fizdale FIRED after the Knicks 6th game of the season.
What a JOKE of a head-coach Fizdale were .. I bet my last dollar Pat Riley would never hire Fizdale as the Heats head-coach.
Later for any comment of other head-coaches, lets see if they hire Fiz as an assistant any time soon .. Spo Pop and Kerr knew they had a WIN vs Fizdale's Knicks.

The best thing for the Knicks at the start of the New Year are to play .500 B.ball to have 9 to 11 Keepers for next season.
It would be a good thing for the Knicks organization to have a 30+ winning season .. that's the start of a rebuilding team.
Trading players before the Feb. deadline are for playoff teams looking for winning players like Marcus Morris to put into their rotation.
Morris is a valuable asset to the Knicks young-core players growth. I would like to trade Randle's poor passing skills, and ball-hogging skills that lead to consistent turnovers, but no NBA GM will give Dolan's LOSERS Mills/Perry a fare shake in a trade. I don't even trust the Knicks Mills/Perry fanatics to trade DSJ.
I would rather interim coach Mike Miller show what he could do the rest of the season with the roster our LOSERS Mills/Perry gave to the incompetent fake coach Fizdale.

I missed the game last night to party-hardy with friends/family .. The Knicks vs Wizaed highlights showed the Knicks starters couldn't grab the lead in the first quarter, It took the Knicks 2nd unit Frank Dotson Knox and Portis to come in and grab the Knicks first lead and stretch it to a Knicks 10 pt lead to end the first quarter. The Knicks sorry starters lost the 10 pt lead quickly in the 2nd quarter to give the Wizards a 4 pt lead 2 min before Halftime.
I'm sorry to say, but Payton (4 pts) RJ (14 pts) and Randle's (30 pts, 16 rbs, 6 ast, and 5 turnovers) are not NBA starters for a winning NBA team. And the G.League Wizards team prove that as a fact last night in crunchtime almost getting the win.

Your observation of the second unit it a 100% correct. Thought I was the only one to notice. We were not please with Frank demotion but in hindsight it gave us the unit we had talk about that was better suited to start. They have played very well in the last two games.
My problem is that Miller doesn't recognize that they playing good and keep them on the floor long. One other thing will he realize that Frank need to be on the floor in the 4th quarter if team are going to put you on the free throw line. Miller is a creature of habit person from what I have seen of him. He is slow to recognize the hot hand or unit.

Kiyaman

Legend
Your observation of the second unit it a 100% correct. Thought I was the only one to notice. We were not please with Frank demotion but in hindsight it gave us the unit we had talk about that was better suited to start. They have played very well in the last two games.
My problem is that Miller doesn't recognize that they playing good and keep them on the floor long. One other thing will he realize that Frank need to be on the floor in the 4th quarter if team are going to put you on the free throw line. Miller is a creature of habit person from what I have seen of him. He is slow to recognize the hot hand or unit.

If our old interim head coach Miller hasn't learned how to keep his first NBA head-coaching job from his long resume of coaching, then he should've been watching two of the NBA best winning head-coaches the past decade .. Spurs Pop & Clippers Doc who are able to coach same-page jellin in their bench lineups to give the team depth to make the playoffs .. then maybe Miller's not the right head-coach for the Knicks job. The Knicks are young-core team that need a strategic coaching-staff to give them confidence.

Coach Miller/ like Fizdale has been denying players minutes on court for two wrong reasons .. Randle's minutes and RJ Barrett's minutes !!!
Both players long minutes on the court has played a big part in the reason for the Knicks 9 wins annd 24 losses.

The Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup of MitchRob Portis Knox and Dotson has been grooming well in a lineup on both sides of the court having Frank or Payton at the point .. the bench lineup deserve way more minute then they been receiving.
Miller pulling Frank out the starter lineup 4 games before the New Year was not a wise move, especially when Payton & MitchRob were becoming the Knicks trick-pony Finisher in crunch-time lineup having 3 of the starters Randle Morris Barrett.

Last edited: