Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    12th man

Nyk Logo Carmelo Anthony at MSG tonight .. First Game-Thread in 2020

Happy New Year KO Members !!!

Portland Blazers are in the Knicks MSG house tonight.
    The Blazers starter back-court of PG Damian Lillard & SG CJ McCollum are averaging 50 pts, and 10 Dimes per game.
    A good reason for coach Miller to tandem Frank & Dotson dynamic defensive pressure to keep Lillard & McCollum combine scoring down to 40 pts for 30 minutes of playing-time.
    All the Blazers guards will look for screens take advantage of our inexperience rookie RJ Barrett.
    Payton's career never had any success vs the Blazers pair Lillard & McCollum, and now Payton having a inexperience rookie SG RJ Barrett in the lineup for 30 minute may spells out a big advantage for the Blazers in MSG tonite.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Jan 01, 2020 at 19:21.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Portland Blazers are in the Knicks MSG house tonight.
    The Blazers starter back-court of PG Damian Lillard & SG CJ McCollum are averaging 50 pts, and 10 Dimes per game.
    A good reason for coach Miller to tandem Frank & Dotson dynamic defensive pressure to keep Lillard & McCollum combine scoring down to 40 pts for 30 minutes of playing-time.
    All the Blazers guards will look for screens take advantage of our inexperience rookie RJ Barrett.
    Payton's career never had any success vs the Blazers pair Lillard & McCollum, and now Payton having a inexperience rookie SG RJ Barrett in the lineup for 30 minute may spells out a big advantage for the Blazers in MSG tonite.
    No disrespect but I’m glad you’re not the head coach having Ntilikina and Dotson starting as our backcourt, both those guys would not start for a good team and you make it sound like they’re the AS defenders needed to cover POR dynamic BC of Dame and CJ. Miller will be starting Payton and RJ, I tend to agree that RJ should be coming off the bench and he may when Bullock is up to speed and who we may see tonight.

Schedule is pretty touch until Feb... gotta win these games if we want to avoid being a complete disaster.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    No disrespect but I’m glad you’re not the head coach having Ntilikina and Dotson starting as our backcourt, both those guys would not start for a good team and you make it sound like they’re the AS defenders needed to cover POR dynamic BC of Dame and CJ. Miller will be starting Payton and RJ, I tend to agree that RJ should be coming off the bench and he may when Bullock is up to speed and who we may see tonight.
    Thanks for the game thread Kiya you beat me to it. But I was thinking the same thing tiger. Dot/Frank vs Dame/CJ is where phrases like knife to a gunfight and koolaid to a gin party originated. I sure hope Melo gets a nice reception. No matter what you think about Melo he was the last Superstar that actually wanted to play for the Knicks.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Thanks for the game thread Kiya you beat me to it. But I was thinking the same thing tiger. Dot/Frank vs Dame/CJ is where phrases like knife to a gunfight and koolaid to a gin party originated. I sure hope Melo gets a nice reception. No matter what you think about Melo he was the last Superstar that actually wanted to play for the Knicks.
    I will be unpleasantly surprised if Melo doesn’t get a warm reception at MSG tonight just like I thought he should’ve been signed in the off-season when DET signed Joe Johnson, who I said wouldn’t make it out of camp and he didn’t.

He got a decent ovation...

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I'm sure if we would have kept coach Hornacek, throughout Frank & Dotson 3 season the two guards would be jellin in the backcourt together on both sides of the court by now. Hornacek did find a way to get Jarett Jack & Courtney Lee to mix well in the back-court during Tim Hardaway Jr. injury, before GM Perry added Mudiay to the roster.
    Having a tandem of veteran PG Payton & rookie SG RJ coming off the bench would be a Big lift of energy for the Knicks depth, and a surprise to Knick opponents throughout the first half of a season.
    I like getting RJ Barret in the draft however .. RJ Barrett's quick athleticism are great, but his low b.ball IQ were not worth TANKING an entire season for.

12th man

Every time Melo touches the ball the msg crowd cheers.

12th man

I also agree that the Knicks can do better than Payton as the starting PG. Guy is slow as molasses and he can’t shoot.

12th man

6 min into the game and McCollum has 10 pts on rookie RJ

Veteran

MRob dunks on Whitesides head!!!

12th man

Reggie in for RJ. Nits in for Payton.

Bullock makes his NYK debut....

Veteran

MRob with the spectacular one handed ally oop stufff!

Robinson 5-5 with 10 points in the first quarter. Feed the man and get him 30!