home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksLos Angeles Clippers
Elfrid Payton - Personal reasons (QUEST)Patrick Beverly - Right wrist sorain (PROB)
Dennis Smith Jr. - Left oblique strain (OUT)Paul George - Hamstring tightness (DOUBT)
--

Game Preview

Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers hasn't been a fan of his team's recent play. And he was particularly unhappy after the Clippers were pounded 140-114 by the visiting Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday.

"To me, we've been playing like this for the last four or five games. Our last solid game, to me, was against the (Los Angeles) Lakers," Rivers told reporters, referring to the club's Christmas Day victory. "Since then, we haven't played well. We've won games. This is a continuing thing for us. We've gotten down in a couple of games, we've come back, but we have to (play) better basketball."

Los Angeles will attempt to rebound Sunday when it hosts the New York Knicks at Staples Center.

The Clippers have gone 3-2 in their past five games, with home losses to the Utah Jazz and the Grizzlies. Memphis used its 3-point shooting to hand Los Angeles its second-worst loss of the season, connecting on 18 of 39 attempts from long range (46.2 percent) to 7 of 30 (23.3 percent) for the Clippers.

"They played harder, they played faster, they attacked us and we didn't guard anybody," Rivers said. "So when you play like that, you should lose. And we didn't play together on offense, either, I didn't think. I didn't think the ball moved. I just think we came to the game today, we showed up and thought we were going to win, and we got our butt kicked. And we deserved to."

Montrezl Harrell scored a game-high 28 points on 11-of-16 shooting for the Clippers, who played without Paul George, sidelined by a strained hamstring. They also were missing Patrick Beverley for the third consecutive game with a sprained wrist. However, both could return against the Knicks.

Lou Williams and Kawhi Leonard each had 24 points against Memphis, but Leonard misfired on 16 of his 24 shots. He also committed five turnovers.

Leonard probably won't play against New York, since the club has held him out of back-to-back contests to protect a lingering knee problem.

The Knicks had their three-game winning streak snapped Friday in a 120-112 loss to the Suns in Phoenix. Marcus Morris Sr. had 25 points, and Bobby Portis scored 20 off the bench for the Knicks, who led for much of the contest before the Suns rallied in the fourth quarter.

"I think we came out less urgent and they came out in the third and imposed their will on us and they got a lot of confidence," said Morris, who converted 8 of 17 shots from the floor and 4 of 8 3-pointers, according to the New York Post.

Elfrid Payton, who became a first-time dad earlier Friday when his girlfriend gave birth to a girl, rejoined the club less than two hours before tip-off and finished with 15 points and six assists. Julius Randle added 13 points and 13 rebounds for New York. Randle, though, missed all six of his 3-point attempts and made just 5 of 17 shots overall.

"We scored enough points to win this game," Randle said, according to the Post. "We had a slow start to the third quarter and they were confident the rest of the way."

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Kawhi sitting (loaf management or they think we suck and they?ll win anyway). I read PG a ???. Ja and MEM put up 140 on them last night.

Knicks will have to win a game in LA, then take game in UTAH, for me to get back in the Miller wagon. 1-3 WC trip not good enough.

EDIT: Both PG and Bev will play. No KL tho.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Surprising stat Knicks have the 6th best scoring bench in the NBA. Clips have the best but says we can compete this game. Let’s see if we can contain PG, Frank starting, put him on PG and see if he can stop him.

They’re talking about swag and Frank, let’s see if he can stop PG without fouling.

tiger0330

Legend
Surprising stat Knicks have the 6th best scoring bench in the NBA. Clips have the best but says we can compete this game. Let’s see if we can contain PG, Frank starting, put him on PG and see if he can stop him.

They’re talking about swag and Frank, let’s see if he can stop PG without fouling.
Nits with a foul 2 minutes in defending Bev and not PG. Stupid foul. We’re short handed at PG so Nits guaranteed 30 plus minutes today so he has to stay out of foul trouble.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Barrett with a three for a 13 points lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Nits goes to the bench with his 2nd foul in the 1st. Kadeem comes in an makes a short pull up jumper as soon as he comes in. Sad to say he may be better than DSJ.

mafra

Legend
RJ with 10 quick first quarter points...7 each for Randle and Morris.Knicks up double digits early.

mafra

Legend
45 first Q points. Good things occur when I watch football. 19-25 from the field (5-7 from downtown).

What I like about RJ... he responds after a posting a clunker or two.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
That's really impressive, 43 first quarter points against the clippers in LA. Our fg% is looking flawless

mafra

Legend
I don?t expect a playoff run... but I do hope that we remain around the mix.... only be 5 games or so out of last seed. Be playing for something. Start instilling the winning culture.

A win (or 2) in LA will have me in that train.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully Doc will not throw Kawhi in the game

mafra

Legend
Allen fouled taking a 3... misses 2/3. Unacceptable for a G-League guard trying to touch the court. Unacceptable.

tiger0330

Legend
Tied the Knicks record for most pts in the first with 45 and beat the 41 we scored against the Hawks when we scored 143.

mafra

Legend
51-51. Second unit pooped their pants. Either that, or fact I started paying attention jinxed the good start.

tiger0330

Legend
Frank is growing as they mentioned at the beginning. Saw him telling MRob and RJ something, probably about defensive matchups or something.

mafra

Legend
4 technicals called on KNicks already. And we started 3-7 from FT line. 30 point turnaround in second q.