Game thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers 3:30 1/5/2020 [Game #36]

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank is not a true PG he looks to give pass or give up his dribble way to quick...

Yeah .. that happens when you have 2 veteran Ball-Hoggers Randle & Morris, plus a rookie ball-hogger in the lineup, who have to dribble the ball every time they touch it !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Game is still winnable, MM 11-15 for 32 pts. If I’m the Clips I’m on the phone with Mills offering Harkless and a first for him. I’d take Shamet for DSJ as well. We can sign MM to a deal in the off-season.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks got the 2-Way players to come back into the game in the lineup of .. Frank Dotson Knox Portis and MitchRob !!!
Miller coaching like LOSER-FIZDALE !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yeah .. that happens when you have 2 veteran Ball-Hoggers Randle & Morris, plus a rookie ball-hogger in the lineup, who have to dribble the ball every time they touch it !!!

So why give them the black holes rock??? Frank looked better/more confident playing for France in the FIBA tourney. NBA backcourt talent must intimidate frank. Frank looks to pass as soon as he crosses half court like he relieved no one ripped him. Frank has a more point-forward than PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
So why give them the black holes rock??? Frank looked better/more confident playing for France in the FIBA tourney. NBA backcourt talent must intimidate frank. Frank looks to pass as soon as he crosses half court like he relieved no one ripped him. Frank has a more point-forward than PG.

The best way to outscore a Clipper team without Kyrie is with DEFENSE !!!
You need 2-Way players Frank Dotson Morris or Knox Portis MitchRob .. Stop playing the Stat lineup

tiger0330

Legend
Good challenge by Doc even if it’s overruled. My rule of thumb is challenge it if it means points get taken off or added to the score or in this case it keeps your best player from fouling out. PG fouled out.

Fizdale I remember challenging a foul in the 1st qtr in the first couple of minutes which was another sign he was a low IQ coach. Pretty sure he’ll never coach in the NBA again. Reminds me of Jim Fassel who could lose you games with his bone head in game mgt. He never got another head coach job again in the NFL.

mafra

Legend
Game is still winnable, MM 11-15 for 32 pts. If I’m the Clips I’m on the phone with Mills offering Harkless and a first for him. I’d take Shamet for DSJ as well. We can sign MM to a deal in the off-season.

Amen. I tell Morris that if he truly wants to be a NYK... then a deal is in both our best interests moving forward...

mafra

Legend
RJ hits a bucket but LAC drains a 3... Randle forces a brick 3... Morris misses a shot.... down 6 and nobody can make a shot (Frank won?t even attempt a wide open look).

mafra

Legend
Morris misses a big free throw (his 4th)... Knicks down 7 but have missed a dozen free throws. You can?t go on road in LA and miss 12 freebies.

This is a game we win if Randle does what Harrell did to us. 6-14 just not good enough.

Sad truth is another wasted game where Knox isn?t developed.

mafra

Legend
Clippers had 3 guys score 30 points. Come on coach... you can?t figure out how to stop Harrell or Lou?

mafra

Legend
135-132. Knicks lose. They shoot 24-37 from FT line.

This game shows Frank is no stopper. He?s our best wing/back court defensive option.... even above average to borderline very good defender. But it?s not like you can say, ?hey, kid, go shut down Booker or Lou Williams, and he does that.?

This is why you can?t endure his offense when he?s just a good defensive player. If he ain?t an elite defender by end of next season... he doesn?t get a second contract offer.

tiger0330

Legend
Morris misses a big free throw (his 4th)... Knicks down 7 but have missed a dozen free throws. You can’t go on road in LA and miss 12 freebies.

This is a game we win if Randle does what Harrell did to us. 6-14 just not good enough.

Sad truth is another wasted game where Knox isn’t developed.
Another game lost at then line. At least RJ made his 2 late. Ironic his godfather one of the great FT shooters, Nash surprised me he's only played RJ once when he was 14, thought he.had a more active interest in RJ career.

mafra

Legend
Last year, Harrell and Williams we?re the highest scoring duo in NBA history. No Kawhi today. Clippers waxed by MEM last night.

What do you do to prepare for this game, if you?re the HC? Give PG what he?s gonna get and find a way to limit the efficiency of LAC second unit.

You score 45 in the first and have a 16 point lead...

Do you blame Miller for not scheming/adjusting?

Or do you throw hands up and say, ?hey, what can you do, MRob and Frank had no answer for their backup scoring dynamic duo??

I don?t know. Why not try a zone? Triangle
And 2? Do something!!!

We really had to Allen today over Trier and Dotson?

Kiyaman

Legend

This game shows Frank is no stopper. He’s our best wing/back court defensive option.... even above average to borderline very good defender. But it’s not like you can say, “hey, kid, go shut down Booker or Lou Williams, and he does that.”

This is why you can’t endure his offense when he’s just a good defensive player. If he ain’t an elite defender by end of next season... he doesn’t get a second contract offer.

Stop putting this loss on Frank .. Paul George had 30 pts on 5-6 3's in the middle of the 3rd quarter.
Harrell dominated the inside paint scoring at will .. Randle & Morris poor-poor Defense let every Clipper score on them
Lou Williams scored on RJ and Randle all game for 32 pts.

mafra

Legend
If Frank can?t shut down Lou Williams... is he a defensive stopper?

Not like Frank is winning games with his scoring or play-making ability. Come on... Frank played poorly. It?s OK. It happens.

But this is the middle of year 3... we need to start seeing something, no?

MRob couldn?t contain Harrell either.

If Randle scored 30, if we hit or FTs,
Or if Frank and MRob defended... we win this game.

Loss
Not
All
On
Frank...

But it hangs on him nonetheless

tiger0330

Legend

This game shows Frank is no stopper. He’s our best wing/back court defensive option.... even above average to borderline very good defender. But it’s not like you can say, “hey, kid, go shut down Booker or Lou Williams, and he does that.”

This is why you can’t endure his offense when he’s just a good defensive player. If he ain’t an elite defender by end of next season... he doesn’t get a second contract offer.
Agree with you about Nits as a defender unlike Kiya and Dark who think he's all NBA. His scoring is better, he's trying to get to the basket, made a drive going left and scoring with his left hand. Still don't think he's fast enough or he handles the ball well enough to be an up tempo PG that can push the pace.

mafra

Legend
It?s OK. Unless I?m offered a first, Frank has until end of next season...

But didn?t anybody see DL drive by him and dunk? We?ve seen it plenty, when we need a stop... guy driving right by Frank.

He?s our best defender and his worth is in getting stops. If that can?t be depended on, then what value does he bring to the rotation?

Again, his defense has mattered and has helped us a ton in wins. It?s just that it needs to be much better, more prolific, if this is what we are getting on offense.

It?s not team this guy or team that guy. We can be critical of every player, equally... no?

Or, are we cool blasting starters when they stumble but say nothing when second into blows 16 point lead and their backup PG/C duo combine for almost 70?