home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksLos Angeles Lakers
Elfrid Payton - Personal reasons (QUEST)DeMarcus Cousins - Right knee rehab (OUT)
Dennis Smith Jr. - Left oblique strain (OUT)Avery Bradley - Right ankle sprain (QUEST)
-Anthony Davis - Sore right shoulder (PROB)
-Kostas Antetokounmpo - Two way contract (OUT)
-Devontae Cacok - Two way contract (OUT)

Game Preview

It isn't a secret Anthony Davis desires to be Defensive Player of the Year. He's said as much and is making a solid case for it as he and the Los Angeles Lakers approach the midway point of their regular-season schedule.

Davis had eight of the Lakers' 20 blocks, one shy of the franchise record, in a 106-99 victory Sunday over the pesky Detroit Pistons. He also scored 24 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and recorded three steals as the Lakers claimed their fifth consecutive victory.

Davis and the Lakers look to extend their streak when they host the New York Knicks on Tuesday.

JaVale McGee had six blocks to go along with nine points, including his fourth career 3-pointer, while Dwight Howard rejected five shots. Howard also contributed 11 points and nine boards, five on the offensive end.

"Just protecting the paint. The last game we gave up 60-plus points in the paint, something we don't like doing and we tried to make an emphasis tonight on protecting the paint," Davis told reporters after the game. Davis was third in the NBA at 2.59 blocks per game through Sunday's games.

"I think our guards did a good job of not fouling, having their guards go to the rim and use their verticality and our bigs come over and block a shot. ... We want to protect the paint as much as possible and if teams are going to beat us make sure they beat us from the outside, not the inside," he added.

The franchise record was set against the Denver Nuggets on April 9, 1982.

LeBron James, who was named Western Conference Player of the Week on Monday, recorded his ninth triple-double, with 21 points, 14 rebounds and 11 assists against New York. James, who has seven straight games with at least 10 assists, is averaging a league-high and career-best 11 assists per contest.

The Lakers lost guard Avery Bradley with a right ankle sprain during the game. He is listed as day-to-day.

New York will try to end Los Angeles' 20-0 mark against teams below .500 this season. The Knicks dropped a 135-132 decision to the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday. Marcus Morris Sr. scored 38 points on 6-of-7 3-pointers and 13 of 19 shots overall.

Rookie RJ Barrett had 24 points and former Laker Julius Randle added 16 points and eight rebounds.

The Knicks started strong, jumping to a 45-29 after one quarter before allowing the Clippers to reverse their fortunes with a 47-24 run in the second quarter and a 76-69 lead at the half.

New York made a run late but was unable to overcome some crucial Los Angeles buckets.

"The biggest thing that comes to mind that I love is the effort, the fight, the scrap," said Knicks interim coach Mike Miller, according to the New York Post. "That's a high-level team and that's one of the wilder games I've been a part of. The effort and the grit we showed in staying in that game and putting ourselves in position to win -- I'm proud of this group."

The Knicks lost despite shooting 57.1 percent from the floor.

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Sad to think of all the HOF talent to shuffle thru LAK since 2000.... meanwhile, in NY....Shaq, Kobe, Gasol, LJ, AD...

mafra

Legend
LJ could rest tonight...

Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday morning that Davis was offered a four-year, $146 million extension on Tuesday that he rejected. If, as expected, he declines the player option on his contract for next season, Davis can sign a five-year, $202 million max contract with the Lakers this summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... Tonight will be hard on our 2nd season (only Center) MitchRob, going up against Lakers AD, McGee, and Howard in the paint SMH .. Good Luck MitchRob, I hope Portis could keep one of the Lakers bigs out on the perimeter.
We cant count on Randle in the paint or on the defensive end of the court, after the Clippers Harrell 34 pts showed so many of Randle's weak areas.

Coach Miller should've experimented having Gibson & MitchRob in the same lineup in the Clippers Game against the Paint Domination Harrell in the 2nd half of the game after having a 47-24 2nd quarter.
Bullock's shoot-first performance has not been helping out his lack of defense.
Who will defend Lebron tonight ???

jimkcchief88

All Star
RJ picked up 2 early quick ones trying to check LeBron. I can see physically matching him up with Bron but really that?s a recipe for disaster putting our rookie against an all time great player:( RJ taking his lumps....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Frank finally draws our first free throw under a minute left in the first smh....I guess white men CAN jump Caruso with the flush after matador defense by KK...Knicks lucky to only be down 5 at the end of the 1st.

mafra

Legend
Wayne is just stealing money. I guess Phil was right to cut him last time he was here.

Depressing when our lottery pick (Knox) not even half the player the balding Alex Caruso is.

mafra

Legend
Twice the LAK bench walked onto the court upset with NYK. I thought that?s an automatic ejection and game suspension?

Or, only if last name is Ewing?

jimkcchief88

All Star
There you go Kiya Dot/Taj in after the poor transition defense..Knicks looking downright awful now I don?t know how you guys watch this mess Knicks down by 17 smh