Knicks vs Pelicans: Emergency game thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
RJ vs Zion volume 1. At least I hope Zion plays. ESPN game tonight for us out of market guys. I hope we acquit ourselves well on national TV.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Brandon Ingram on fire 🔥 pels shooting over 60% from 3 and surprise surprise Bullock having a nice game for team undermanned power forwards. The back ups really are in a Taj taking advantage.

Kiyaman

Legend
Brandon Ingram on fire �� pels shooting over 60% from 3 and surprise surprise Bullock having a nice game for team undermanned power forwards. The back ups really are in a Taj taking advantage.

Brandon Ingram looks thirsty for a season high tonite .. we need a Ingram-Stopper for a Knick win

Read a few reports today that we are inquiring about acquiring Andre Drummond. That is exactly what this stupid front office would do on its way out the door. Trade MRob and picks for Drummond.

Discouraging loss. This team is going nowhere without Randle and Morris. Even with them, this team is still going to struggle. A better front office would start putting deadline deals in place. Our front office will either do nothing or just mangle things further.

mafra

Legend
Tonight is why they won?t trade MM. Unless they?re offered multiple assets, Mills and Perry not looking to force kids to endure 3 more months of complete uncompetitive losing.

MM wants to stay... I think more likely Randle is dealt, But, we know NYK... they won?t do much of anything... maybe get a second rounder for somebody.

tiger0330

Legend
Definitely need to trade Knox...his game is so butt juice
Second year in a row that he's had PER under 10. I wonder if the Lakers would be interested in a swap of Kuzma for him and we throw in DAL 2023 pick top 16 protected. We need to move DSJ as well, he's going to become a cancer on the bench soon when he's healthy and not getting playing time.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Tonight is why they won’t trade MM. Unless they’re offered multiple assets, Mills and Perry not looking to force kids to endure 3 more months of complete uncompetitive losing.

MM wants to stay... I think more likely Randle is dealt, But, we know NYK... they won’t do much of anything... maybe get a second rounder for somebody.
Keeping him.would be asinine if the Clips will give us a 1st for him. I think it'll depend on the record, if we're playing .200 ball by the deadline, they trade him and try to resign him in the summer.

mafra

Legend
Keeping him.would be asinine if the Clips will give us a 1st for him. I think it'll depend on the record, if we're playing .200 ball by the deadline, they trade him and try to resign him in the summer.

If he wants to stay, is adamant about it, then it may not be as simple as that... trade him for the pick and wait for him to re-sign here.

If it were so, then it?s the obvious move.... but LAC will have the 28th pick? 24th? 30th? It?s not like there?s a high probability we get anything from that anyway...

Plus, this team is already really young... we have 6 first rounders next 4 years? We need some talent.... experience.... I?m not sure if I want these kids to endure a 2-18 season finish or whatnot.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree that it's unpredictable what happens if he leaves, best chance to resign him would be to keep him and then resign him this summer. But if we're playing .200 ball by the deadline you can pretty much write off the season, why not get an asset back that could turn into something even in what looks like a weak draft and then take our chances that we can sign him in the summer. With our contracts situation, we have a good chance of being high bidder for him if the Knicks want to toss money at him also.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Dolan let the two imbecile Mills/Perry make a trade during the deadline ....
Morris need a 3 yr extension to groom rookie RJ Barrett's role as a team-player in the lineup.
I would say trade Randle, but the Knicks need his bully tactics in the rotation next season.
Gibson is the only legit veteran PF on the roster capable of building winning confidence in the lockerroom, 4 yr extension.
Frank & Dotson need more playingtime to co-exist as a creative guard tandem next season.
MitchRob are the Knicks best young future All-Star on the roster.

tiger0330

Legend
Morris need a 3 yr extension to groom rookie RJ Barrett's role as a team-player in the lineup.
I would say trade Randle, but the Knicks need his bully tactics in the rotation next season.
Gibson is the only legit veteran PF on the roster capable of building winning confidence in the lockerroom, 4 yr extension.
Frank & Dotson need more playingtime to co-exist as a creative guard tandem next season.
4 yr extension for Taj, you post crazy stuff but that’s RIDICULOUS, and you complain about the deals Mills makes smh.

Guy is 35, his last year he’ll be 39, I’m betting he’s out of the league in 2 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
4 yr extension for Taj, you post crazy stuff but that?s RIDICULOUS, and you complain about the deals Mills makes smh.

Guy is 35, his last year he?ll be 39, I?m betting he?s out of the league in 2 years.

That's the Knicks organization biggest problem .. We were supposed to keep a couple of the 2012-13 OLD-Timer players to put on the Knicks coaching-staff .. Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas, Rasheed.
What did I write bout Gibson, "Gibson is the only legit veteran PF on the roster capable of building winning confidence in the lockerroom, 4 yr extension."

The Miami Heat drafted Haslem the same year they draft D.Wade, and Haslem is playing his 17th season as a Miami Heat this season.
Mills/Perry would've had more success signing Haslem as the Knicks head-coach than Fizdale LOL

tiger0330

Legend
That's the Knicks organization biggest problem .. We were supposed to keep a couple of the 2012-13 OLD-Timer players to put on the Knicks coaching-staff .. Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas, Rasheed.
What did I write bout Gibson, "Gibson is the only legit veteran PF on the roster capable of building winning confidence in the lockerroom, 4 yr extension."

The Miami Heat drafted Haslem the same year they draft D.Wade, and Haslem is playing his 17th season as a Miami Heat this season.
Mills/Perry would've had more success signing Haslem as the Knicks head-coach than Fizdale LOL
Haslem has been making minimum contract money for the last 6 years signing one year deals not getting 4 yr extensions at the age of 35, even at the minimum he's overpaid averaging 6 mins for the last 4 yrs. Only reason he's on the team is Riley likes him for taking less money when Riley was juggling the cap when he brought in Bosh and Lebron.

You want the Knicks to give him a 4 yr deal smh.

Totally agree that Mills/Perry can't be allowed to make any trades of any kind. So that means we are stuck until we get a new President and GM.
Questions: Moving RJ to SF? correct.. That look like what you are saying.
Why are you giving Gibson(at 35 or older) a 4yr extension? Because Randle(not for keeping him) is younger and plays the PF.
What is this team most valuable trade chip? Would you agree it RJ(because of all the hype- Not production)?
Don't we need better all around fundamental players? How do we get better player(not necessarily stars) if not by trading RJ that can bring in more better players?

BTW, what has changed your opinion about RJ? Look like you on the bandwagon.

Jaxon Hayes of the Pelicans was on display the other night. Been asked several times who I would have drafted if the Knicks traded back in last year draft. Hayes, Paschall and Walkers were all players that was mention. We have seen them(playing against the Knicks) all and at this point they would be very valuable to the Knicks. We could have had 3 very talented good players instead of one very average #3 pick. These are mistakes we seen to bath ourselves in and never can admit and correct the mistake.