Knicks vs Pelicans: Emergency game thread

Just 3 guys? Why not 5 picks for RJ? Maybe 6?

Hayes and Paschall or RJ. Time will tell...

Before the 2019 draft the one position that wasn't account for is P.F. With that being said then that is what was the greatest need(along with more talent). Both Hayes and Paschall fit that bill. The only thing is that neither was worth drafting at #3. So teams that know something about drafting and building team would have trade back with ATL. and hope they were foolish enough to believe in the hype. That would enable us to address both issues that I started this post with P.F. and more talent.

Staying where we were address no MAJOR issues facing this team. Yes, time and verdict is already in and the it not good. If you question my observations then just go back to the C. Gaines tweet on #3 pick. You can find it in the Nuggets game threat.

mafra

Legend
Didn?t Gaines say to take French Frank over Donovan Mitchell?

Nobody wanted to trade up.... NY was struck

Yes, over DSJ and Mitchell and your point is WHAT?? How was NY struck??

If you don't like the circumstances that Frank was draft under then say so. Just remember the reason Frank was drafted over DSJ and Mitchell.

If you think that you are better at evaluating talent than Gaines. THEN PLEASE SAY SO!!!!

mafra

Legend
I didn?t say I was smarter, did I? But if he was wrong before, then there?s a chance he is wrong again. Ergo, I don?t care if Gaines or Red himself is anti RJ... I like the kid, would?ve taken him third, and nothing I?ve seen since suggests I was wrong.

So, if RJ is a hit... dos that mean I?m smarter than Gaines?

And, to be clear, first you said we get 2 picks for RJ... then you said 3... is it 4? 5? Just 2? And, pray tell, who exactly offered us anything? I haven?t read a single report about a team trying to get up to 3.

You made your point: you prefer Hayes and Paschal. Time will tell who is right.

Kiyaman

Legend
Didn?t Gaines say to take French Frank over Donovan Mitchell?

Nobody wanted to trade up.... NY was struck

Why do you and Chief keep bringing up Donovan Mitchell in the Frank/Dotson draft ???
The Knicks number 1 need in the 2017 draft were a PG! After the 31-51 Defenseless season of PG Rose, Baker, and a no show Brandon Jennings to lead the point for Knicks starters .. Noah KP Melo, and Lee .... Gaines and the majority of Knick fans knew the Knicks biggest need out the lottery draft were a 6.7 defensive PG to move D.Rose to the 2 spot as a scoring combo-guard to be the 2nd option on offense between Melo & KP.

D.Mitchell 3 yr performance has shown to be a Natural Scoring-Guard having elite combo-guard skills, the same skills as D.Wade or Lou Williams, or Klay .. Donovan Mitchell rookie development would've DROPPED below the level of the average rookie in his rookie season if the Knicks would've selected Donovan Mitchell in the 2017 draft .. Then a week later Fire President Phil Jackson !!!
The Basketball-Gods were looking out for one of the NBA future HOF players Donovan Mitchell .. making sure Dolan dont ever get another HOF player .......

Kiyaman

Legend
Haslem has been making minimum contract money for the last 6 years signing one year deals not getting 4 yr extensions at the age of 35, even at the minimum he's overpaid averaging 6 mins for the last 4 yrs. Only reason he's on the team is Riley likes him for taking less money when Riley was juggling the cap when he brought in Bosh and Lebron.

You want the Knicks to give him a 4 yr deal smh.

Yes yes! Taj Gibson's the right role-player to keep so the organization could build a winning-structure in the Knicks lockerroom.
The Knicks organization need to start building some LOYALTY among players & coaches.

Never said, 'You said You are smarter'. I asked "if you think you are better at evaluating talent than Gaines". We as fan and as a team aren't in a position to make mistakes of any kind. So this was not to offend you just to say that Gaines to my knowledge has been wrong about anybody he pick for the Knicks. From D. Rose to MRob that includes KP, Dotson, Frank, Kornet, Knox, Trier, etc. When you tell me what RJ has done to make the Knicks better as a team then I'll be shoulder to shoulder with you singing his praise. But every time I ask when did he beat out Dotson for the starting job there is never an answer. Does he play better defense than Dotson, HELL NO!! That just one question. Ok, what suggest you are correct?? Is it his FG%? Is it his FT%? Is it his lock down defense? Does he make everyone around him better? Does the team play better when he is on the floor? Has he hit five or six 3's in a row? to electrify the crowd? Would he have the hype surround him if it wasn't for Mills/Perry trying to show they made the right move?

This is an observation I made in the first part of the season but waited to make sure I was correct. That is 'RJ bring no energy to game or team'. NONE!!! Nothing about him excite or energize the team. None of the players look at him coming off the floor when the coach calls timeout. When this team is down(that often)players doesn't look at him. Generally when a team is down or the other team is making a run at your lead you call time and the players look to there best player or leader. That isn't RJ. It simply not in him as a player. Same expression and demeanor with no emotions.

If RJ is a hit yes you are smarter and we as Knick fans are better for it. Just move the needle, Just move the needle!!! Number 3 move the needle in my opinion.

You are correct I said 2 picks from ATL(from the 1st time to this time). The 3 was in regard to how many total players we could have had in 2019(2 ATL picks and our 2nd pick). Never mention any other players beside Hayes, Paschal and Walker. No one offer us to my knowledge anything for the #3 pick. So if no one offer then we can't pick up the phone and inquire? Just like what is happen with Drummond. It reported we pick up the phone and ask about his availability. It poses an interesting question from your statement of "I haven't read a single report about a team trying to get up to 3". WHY?? If we were holding the #3 pick for a player of RJ ability. You would think out of the other 30 team one of them would like to have RJ, huh? Ok, lets be fair. Shouldn't this rise some concerns with you? Now Memphis had the #3 pick in the previous draft(I think). Everybody was calling them about that pick with would have been the kid Jackson. Why no calls for us?? Could it be that 30 other team are a hellva lot smarter than us? For the record I said to call ATL about their two 1st round picks. I even said "hoping ATL is foolish enough to believe in the hype".

Again, time and the verdict is in, sir!! It not GOOD.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Oh yeah the verdict is in on RJ not even 50 games in to the season. Right. Dumb Raider strikes again. Hint: Overposting nonsense doesn?t make you smarter or your opinion any more correct. It?s just more evidence we can all point to later and say hmmmm.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why do you and Chief keep bringing up Donovan Mitchell in the Frank/Dotson draft ???
The Knicks number 1 need in the 2017 draft were a PG! After the 31-51 Defenseless season of PG Rose, Baker, and a no show Brandon Jennings to lead the point for Knicks starters .. Noah KP Melo, and Lee .... Gaines and the majority of Knick fans knew the Knicks biggest need out the lottery draft were a 6.7 defensive PG to move D.Rose to the 2 spot as a scoring combo-guard to be the 2nd option on offense between Melo & KP.

D.Mitchell 3 yr performance has shown to be a Natural Scoring-Guard having elite combo-guard skills, the same skills as D.Wade or Lou Williams, or Klay .. Donovan Mitchell rookie development would've DROPPED below the level of the average rookie in his rookie season if the Knicks would've selected Donovan Mitchell in the 2017 draft .. Then a week later Fire President Phil Jackson !!!
The Basketball-Gods were looking out for one of the NBA future HOF players Donovan Mitchell .. making sure Dolan dont ever get another HOF player .......

We keep bringing up DM because we passed on him for Frank and supposedly they are both point guards even though frank really isn?t. You can?t escape that. Melo will always be compared to LeBron because they came out the same year. That?s how it works.

Hey Kiyaman, it funny how you have been explaining the history of the Knicks especially from the time of drafting Frank to people who should already know it. Forgetting why Frank was drafted and under what circumstances is so strange. Everybody is questioning the man who has won more championship than anybody else. They are questioning the man who was send out especially to scout KP and Frank. It beyond me what everybody is thinking or why they are questioning.

You know what I see is the same kind of people that plotted and scam to have Phil fired are the same kind of people that are questioning the drafting of Frank. Of course all of these people have won championships or maybe they know how to win championship now or in the distant future(more Distant than NOW). Don't think they are interested in why things happen in that moment. In hindsight they see a alternative that wasn't there to begin with in that moment.

Maybe the light will come on and they see the 'WHY'.