Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314
Results 196 to 200 of 200
  1. #196
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,441
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Either it "craziest idea" or "make salary space for a guy with a lot more upside", so which is it? Maybe as you start to think about it... it wasn't so crazy. A player like Cousins isn't going to fall into your lap like this very often. Yes, he is hurt and that is not going under notice. He could be a cornerstone player that could turn this team around. If you remember I said that Cousins is the "Only F.A. that we should have signed". Again a gamble but one that is to me a lot better than all of the other F.A.(except MM). Would we be any worst off if we had just sign Cousins?

    The reason for signing Cousins right now is somebody might see what we see. Remember we aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Better early than late!!!
    I said that it WOULDN’t be the craziest idea, as in it could be a good idea. I’m not sure how signing Cousins right now would work given salary cap considerations.

    Signing him this offseason could work if he’s willing to sign a similar deal as Portis 15 to 16 million for one year with a team option for a 2nd year. I wouldn’t do much more than that given Cousins will be 30 at the start of next season and is coming off yet another major injury.

    Also worth considering that Lakers may be waiving Cousins because they have medical info to suggest Cousins career is over.

  2. #197
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,532
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I doubt the Lakers have info that Cousins sustained a career ending injury as the reason they waived him. He just wasn't helping them sitting on the bench in a suit so getting Morris was the right move for their playoff push.

    Cuz will be in a similar situation again for the 3rd time next season, looking to go to a playoff team willing to take the risk on a one year MLE deal. I don't see him choosing the Knicks unless they offer him a substantial multi-year deal which isn't happening.

    Watched the Cavs comeback against the Wiz and I don't think that small backcourt of Sexton Garland is going to work for the Cavs and was wondering if they would be interested in dealing Garland for one of Knox/Ntilikina/DSJ and perhaps a pick for Garland.

  3. #198
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I said that it WOULDN’t be the craziest idea, as in it could be a good idea. I’m not sure how signing Cousins right now would work given salary cap considerations.

    Signing him this offseason could work if he’s willing to sign a similar deal as Portis 15 to 16 million for one year with a team option for a 2nd year. I wouldn’t do much more than that given Cousins will be 30 at the start of next season and is coming off yet another major injury.

    Also worth considering that Lakers may be waiving Cousins because they have medical info to suggest Cousins career is over.

    Hey htr10,
    You are correct!! I read it wrong as I do sometime. MY BAD!!

    Agreed with the money that should be spend on signing Cousins. No long term unless it with an amount that we can live with and is tradeable .

    If it was medical I think it would have showed up before now. What I don't understand is why sign him to begin with if you weren't prepared to stay with him.



  4. #199
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I doubt the Lakers have info that Cousins sustained a career ending injury as the reason they waived him. He just wasn't helping them sitting on the bench in a suit so getting Morris was the right move for their playoff push.

    Cuz will be in a similar situation again for the 3rd time next season, looking to go to a playoff team willing to take the risk on a one year MLE deal. I don't see him choosing the Knicks unless they offer him a substantial multi-year deal which isn't happening.

    Watched the Cavs comeback against the Wiz and I don't think that small backcourt of Sexton Garland is going to work for the Cavs and was wondering if they would be interested in dealing Garland for one of Knox/Ntilikina/DSJ and perhaps a pick for Garland.
    QUESTION: If small backcourt isn't going to work for the Cavs then why would we trade Knox/Ntilikina for Garland? Not sure if I would do it for DSJ but he needs a change to another team.

  5. #200
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,532
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post

    QUESTION: If small backcourt isn't going to work for the Cavs then why would we trade Knox/Ntilikina for Garland? Not sure if I would do it for DSJ but he needs a change to another team.
    Reports are the Knicks are looking for a PG and a scoring guard this off-season as their highest priority need, Garland might be that guy for us. I just don't think having 6'1" PG's in your backcourt that essentially are twins is going to work for the Cavs.

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Trade Deadline....2-20-14
    By Broadway in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2014, 12:01
  2. Knicks: Trade Deadline - 2-21-13
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2013, 00:07
  3. Trade Deadline thread!
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2012, 04:33
  4. Trade Deadline Updates.
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2008, 12:39
  5. Trade Deadline Passed
    By Irv in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2003, 14:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •