Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Looking at it very closely and having Rose at the starting PG could be the thing that make us competitive. Not winner or playoff team but competitive(not getting ran out the gym).

I would still trade RJ for Porter Jr.... Right Now!! While the iron is hot or Hype is high.
    Porter Jr is a high upside guy with definite star potential. His back worries me though. A lot. I worry he’s in a situation where he’s one back injury away from his career being over.

Believe me I understand. Don't think I that question is asked of myself. It must be answer.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Porter Jr is a high upside guy with definite star potential. His back worries me though. A lot. I worry he’s in a situation where he’s one back injury away from his career being over.
    As a Missouri fan I love Mikejr. but no I don’t trust his back either. Mikejr was the highest ranked recruit in MIZZOU history but hurt his back 2 minutes into the season. 2 minutes. He didn’t make it back(no pun) until the first round of the NCAA tournament and of course we lost. That was his college career. Thanks but no thanks. Been on the Porter hype train. It doesn’t end well.

New York Knicks: Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton for the Houston Rockets’ Russell Westbrook

Reason for New York: New York is the most miserable team in the league. The Knicks just can’t seem to get anything right, either in the short-term or the long-term. Yes, Mike Miller is doing a good job so far. And Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett are good, blue-chip prospects. That’s great. But what’s the long-term plan? Russell Westbrook answers that question. He provides the best and most exciting point guard play New York has seen since Linsanity, and he could possibly push the Knicks into the playoffs in coming years. He would have great lob chemistry with Robinson. Meanwhile, Barrett and Robinson are as raw as live cows. They need years to develop in peace, and Westbrook’s four-year deal gives them that chance. By the time Westbrook’s monster deal expires, New York will be ready with a young core that has grown the right way. That’s when the Knicks could actually make a splash with the expiring money. It takes years to fix long-term problems, and that’s what Westbrook gives the Knicks. Plus, what are they losing? Just vets they signed, inexplicably, in the offseason, who — given the team’s record — don’t seem to be helping the team win games at all in the meantime.

Reason for Houston: The idea over the past few years was that Harden couldn’t do it alone, but Chris Paul didn’t help him much, and Westbrook really isn’t helping him at all either. Westbrook has been fine, good even. His numbers are great, and he’s been a great change-of-pace injection. But the Rockets have been better with Harden on the court alone than with Harden and Westbrook together, and they’ve been horrible with Westbrook alone. Those two statistical facts are irrefutable, and they’re probably the most important indicators of Westbrook’s value to Houston come playoff time. The Rockets could be better served with a number of contributors who could play serviceable roles. Morris is the real target here. He’s shooting lights-out from deep and scoring well, on top of playing fairly consistent defense. He could create for himself when Harden is getting trapped at half-court. Morris would slot into Houston’s starting lineup. Portis and Payton could help in certain situations too. Plus, the Rockets get out of Westbrook’s four-year deal and replace it with three different contracts, all of which come off the books in two years. That’s a win on its own. Plus, they’d be a better team, so this is a no-brainer.

Didn't read it because I read who we were trading for.... Not only NO.... But Hell NO!!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    New York Knicks: Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton for the Houston Rockets’ Russell Westbrook

Reason for New York: New York is the most miserable team in the league. The Knicks just can’t seem to get anything right, either in the short-term or the long-term. Yes, Mike Miller is doing a good job so far. And Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett are good, blue-chip prospects. That’s great. But what’s the long-term plan? Russell Westbrook answers that question. He provides the best and most exciting point guard play New York has seen since Linsanity, and he could possibly push the Knicks into the playoffs in coming years. He would have great lob chemistry with Robinson. Meanwhile, Barrett and Robinson are as raw as live cows. They need years to develop in peace, and Westbrook’s four-year deal gives them that chance. By the time Westbrook’s monster deal expires, New York will be ready with a young core that has grown the right way. That’s when the Knicks could actually make a splash with the expiring money. It takes years to fix long-term problems, and that’s what Westbrook gives the Knicks. Plus, what are they losing? Just vets they signed, inexplicably, in the offseason, who — given the team’s record — don’t seem to be helping the team win games at all in the meantime.

Reason for Houston: The idea over the past few years was that Harden couldn’t do it alone, but Chris Paul didn’t help him much, and Westbrook really isn’t helping him at all either. Westbrook has been fine, good even. His numbers are great, and he’s been a great change-of-pace injection. But the Rockets have been better with Harden on the court alone than with Harden and Westbrook together, and they’ve been horrible with Westbrook alone. Those two statistical facts are irrefutable, and they’re probably the most important indicators of Westbrook’s value to Houston come playoff time. The Rockets could be better served with a number of contributors who could play serviceable roles. Morris is the real target here. He’s shooting lights-out from deep and scoring well, on top of playing fairly consistent defense. He could create for himself when Harden is getting trapped at half-court. Morris would slot into Houston’s starting lineup. Portis and Payton could help in certain situations too. Plus, the Rockets get out of Westbrook’s four-year deal and replace it with three different contracts, all of which come off the books in two years. That’s a win on its own. Plus, they’d be a better team, so this is a no-brainer.

The Knicks would be the winner in the above trade .. Mills/Perry would keep their job if they could pull off the above trade of getting the Knicks a super-star PG Westbrook !!!

Question: Would we not be in the same shape/condition that OKC and not the Rockets are in with Westbrook? IMO, He only move the needle for himself. We would add another player who needs the ball to effect the game. Randle, RJ, Trier and Westbrook not to mention if you throw in Izzy. Do we really want a player with that size contract?

Wouldn't D. Rose be a better short term fix and fit this team? I suggested Randle and Payton for Rose. Starting him at the point with Dotson, MM, and Knox would be pretty good.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Question: Would we not be in the same shape/condition that OKC and not the Rockets are in with Westbrook? IMO, He only move the needle for himself. We would add another player who needs the ball to effect the game. Randle, RJ, Trier and Westbrook not to mention if you throw in Izzy. Do we really want a player with that size contract?

Wouldn't D. Rose be a better short term fix and fit this team? I suggested Randle and Payton for Rose. Starting him at the point with Dotson, MM, and Knox would be pretty good.

Westbrook's a Complimentary Leadership play-maker that could consistently give the Knicks a (20-10) performance, and a .500 season.
    D.Rose is a isolation shoot-first guard, that doesn't compliment his teammates performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Westbrook's a Complimentary Leadership play-maker that could consistently give the Knicks a (20-10) performance, and a .500 season.
    D.Rose is a isolation shoot-first guard, that doesn't compliment his teammates performance.

Not trying to be argumentative but isn't Westbrook a shoot-first guard?? That was his rep at OKC. It was all about him and nobody else.
    .500 season??? I would like a lot better than that.

“We understand the NBA’s decision to fine and suspend Elfrid Payton, as well as fine Marcus Morris Sr. for their behavior during last night’s game,’’ the Knicks said in a statement. “In addition, we agree that Marcus’ comments were offensive and unacceptable. While we do believe his apology was sincere, that type of speech does not reflect the values of respect and inclusion that our organization stands for, and can not be tolerated.”

NY has to trade Morris now... we’re to crappy to pass on the opportunity to get another first round selection. After the death of Kobe and his daughter, and the message those two were sharing to the world, after MM acting so distraught over having to play day of Bryant’s death, for him to betray the Mamba’s legacy a few days later, in such a public manner, with an open mic in his face...

Knicks don’t like bad PR.... he’s getting dealt.

12th man

“We understand the NBA’s decision to fine and suspend Elfrid Payton, as well as fine Marcus Morris Sr. for their behavior during last night’s game,’’ the Knicks said in a statement. “In addition, we agree that Marcus’ comments were offensive and unacceptable. While we do believe his apology was sincere, that type of speech does not reflect the values of respect and inclusion that our organization stands for, and can not be tolerated.”

NY has to trade Morris now... we’re to crappy to pass on the opportunity to get another first round selection. After the death of Kobe and his daughter, and the message those two were sharing to the world, after MM acting so distraught over having to play day of Bryant’s death, for him to betray the Mamba’s legacy a few days later, in such a public manner, with an open mic in his face...

The ball-movement and scoring from Grizz JA, Brooks, and Clarke had me put Payton, Morris, Randle, and Bullock's poor team defense on the Feb. Trade table .... It was the Fight at the end of the game that had me change my mind !!!

12th man

Knicks aren't getting a 1st for a guy with 6 months left on his contract. I'd take a deal like Harkless and a 2nd for him.

The Knicks have a number of team friendlier contracts of guys that can that be dealt but I don't think any of them is worth a first either.

I think Dotson became a trade asset with his recent hot shooting but do the Knicks want to trade him for say Malik Monk? Can't wait to see what they pull off because the Knicks are obviously a team that shouldn't stand pat but that's been the case for years but they've only made 3 trades since 2017.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 31, 2020 at 03:52.

Hey, Hey!!
    Wait a minute everybody. Sure the fight wasn't anything we all should want from our team. Neither should is spark the responses that are being posted now. Why did the fight which MM didn't start but was defending his teammate Payton merit MM needing to be traded? If Mills/Perry are doing the trading I for ONE will be against any and all trades. Sure I would trade Payton, Randle, Bobby P., Gibson and RJ today if I was GM/Pres. As wrong as Payton was I have to speak up for MM because to me it his teammate and they will discussion Payton wrong in the locker room.

Questions: Do you think our young players would have reacted like Payton?? First of all, would they have let the inbound pass be stolen?

Remember--- Mills/Perry assemble this vet roster and that fight is squarely on their shoulder.

Veteran

I think people want to trade Morris because he’s one of a few players we have who could get any kind of return. I don’t think people want to trade him because of the fight.

I’m fine with him since he was with it enough to apologize for his post-game comments ****ting on women for no reason.

I wouldn't have apologize for a damn thing if it was me. It to the point that if you direct a comment to someone(not the world) it offend the world. Well, this beef is between me and him not me and him and the world. It for the two of us to settle it and come to an understanding. It hard enough for two people to settle differences least along adding the whole world into it.