Trade Deadline News

Looking at it very closely and having Rose at the starting PG could be the thing that make us competitive. Not winner or playoff team but competitive(not getting ran out the gym).

I would still trade RJ for Porter Jr.... Right Now!! While the iron is hot or Hype is high.

Porter Jr is a high upside guy with definite star potential. His back worries me though. A lot. I worry he?s in a situation where he?s one back injury away from his career being over.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Porter Jr is a high upside guy with definite star potential. His back worries me though. A lot. I worry he?s in a situation where he?s one back injury away from his career being over.

As a Missouri fan I love Mikejr. but no I don?t trust his back either. Mikejr was the highest ranked recruit in MIZZOU history but hurt his back 2 minutes into the season. 2 minutes. He didn?t make it back(no pun) until the first round of the NCAA tournament and of course we lost. That was his college career. Thanks but no thanks. Been on the Porter hype train. It doesn?t end well.

mafra

Legend
New York Knicks: Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton for the Houston Rockets? Russell Westbrook

Reason for New York: New York is the most miserable team in the league. The Knicks just can?t seem to get anything right, either in the short-term or the long-term. Yes, Mike Miller is doing a good job so far. And Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett are good, blue-chip prospects. That?s great. But what?s the long-term plan? Russell Westbrook answers that question. He provides the best and most exciting point guard play New York has seen since Linsanity, and he could possibly push the Knicks into the playoffs in coming years. He would have great lob chemistry with Robinson. Meanwhile, Barrett and Robinson are as raw as live cows. They need years to develop in peace, and Westbrook?s four-year deal gives them that chance. By the time Westbrook?s monster deal expires, New York will be ready with a young core that has grown the right way. That?s when the Knicks could actually make a splash with the expiring money. It takes years to fix long-term problems, and that?s what Westbrook gives the Knicks. Plus, what are they losing? Just vets they signed, inexplicably, in the offseason, who ? given the team?s record ? don?t seem to be helping the team win games at all in the meantime.

Reason for Houston: The idea over the past few years was that Harden couldn?t do it alone, but Chris Paul didn?t help him much, and Westbrook really isn?t helping him at all either. Westbrook has been fine, good even. His numbers are great, and he?s been a great change-of-pace injection. But the Rockets have been better with Harden on the court alone than with Harden and Westbrook together, and they?ve been horrible with Westbrook alone. Those two statistical facts are irrefutable, and they?re probably the most important indicators of Westbrook?s value to Houston come playoff time. The Rockets could be better served with a number of contributors who could play serviceable roles. Morris is the real target here. He?s shooting lights-out from deep and scoring well, on top of playing fairly consistent defense. He could create for himself when Harden is getting trapped at half-court. Morris would slot into Houston?s starting lineup. Portis and Payton could help in certain situations too. Plus, the Rockets get out of Westbrook?s four-year deal and replace it with three different contracts, all of which come off the books in two years. That?s a win on its own. Plus, they?d be a better team, so this is a no-brainer.

Kiyaman

Legend
New York Knicks: Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton for the Houston Rockets’ Russell Westbrook

Reason for New York: New York is the most miserable team in the league. The Knicks just can’t seem to get anything right, either in the short-term or the long-term. Yes, Mike Miller is doing a good job so far. And Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett are good, blue-chip prospects. That’s great. But what’s the long-term plan? Russell Westbrook answers that question. He provides the best and most exciting point guard play New York has seen since Linsanity, and he could possibly push the Knicks into the playoffs in coming years. He would have great lob chemistry with Robinson. Meanwhile, Barrett and Robinson are as raw as live cows. They need years to develop in peace, and Westbrook’s four-year deal gives them that chance. By the time Westbrook’s monster deal expires, New York will be ready with a young core that has grown the right way. That’s when the Knicks could actually make a splash with the expiring money. It takes years to fix long-term problems, and that’s what Westbrook gives the Knicks. Plus, what are they losing? Just vets they signed, inexplicably, in the offseason, who — given the team’s record — don’t seem to be helping the team win games at all in the meantime.

Reason for Houston: The idea over the past few years was that Harden couldn’t do it alone, but Chris Paul didn’t help him much, and Westbrook really isn’t helping him at all either. Westbrook has been fine, good even. His numbers are great, and he’s been a great change-of-pace injection. But the Rockets have been better with Harden on the court alone than with Harden and Westbrook together, and they’ve been horrible with Westbrook alone. Those two statistical facts are irrefutable, and they’re probably the most important indicators of Westbrook’s value to Houston come playoff time. The Rockets could be better served with a number of contributors who could play serviceable roles. Morris is the real target here. He’s shooting lights-out from deep and scoring well, on top of playing fairly consistent defense. He could create for himself when Harden is getting trapped at half-court. Morris would slot into Houston’s starting lineup. Portis and Payton could help in certain situations too. Plus, the Rockets get out of Westbrook’s four-year deal and replace it with three different contracts, all of which come off the books in two years. That’s a win on its own. Plus, they’d be a better team, so this is a no-brainer.

The Knicks would be the winner in the above trade .. Mills/Perry would keep their job if they could pull off the above trade of getting the Knicks a super-star PG Westbrook !!!

Question: Would we not be in the same shape/condition that OKC and not the Rockets are in with Westbrook? IMO, He only move the needle for himself. We would add another player who needs the ball to effect the game. Randle, RJ, Trier and Westbrook not to mention if you throw in Izzy. Do we really want a player with that size contract?

Wouldn't D. Rose be a better short term fix and fit this team? I suggested Randle and Payton for Rose. Starting him at the point with Dotson, MM, and Knox would be pretty good.

Kiyaman

Legend
Question: Would we not be in the same shape/condition that OKC and not the Rockets are in with Westbrook? IMO, He only move the needle for himself. We would add another player who needs the ball to effect the game. Randle, RJ, Trier and Westbrook not to mention if you throw in Izzy. Do we really want a player with that size contract?

Wouldn't D. Rose be a better short term fix and fit this team? I suggested Randle and Payton for Rose. Starting him at the point with Dotson, MM, and Knox would be pretty good.

Westbrook's a Complimentary Leadership play-maker that could consistently give the Knicks a (20-10) performance, and a .500 season.
D.Rose is a isolation shoot-first guard, that doesn't compliment his teammates performance.

Westbrook's a Complimentary Leadership play-maker that could consistently give the Knicks a (20-10) performance, and a .500 season.
D.Rose is a isolation shoot-first guard, that doesn't compliment his teammates performance.

Not trying to be argumentative but isn't Westbrook a shoot-first guard?? That was his rep at OKC. It was all about him and nobody else.
.500 season??? I would like a lot better than that.

mafra

Legend
?We understand the NBA?s decision to fine and suspend Elfrid Payton, as well as fine Marcus Morris Sr. for their behavior during last night?s game,?? the Knicks said in a statement. ?In addition, we agree that Marcus? comments were offensive and unacceptable. While we do believe his apology was sincere, that type of speech does not reflect the values of respect and inclusion that our organization stands for, and can not be tolerated.?

NY has to trade Morris now... we?re to crappy to pass on the opportunity to get another first round selection. After the death of Kobe and his daughter, and the message those two were sharing to the world, after MM acting so distraught over having to play day of Bryant?s death, for him to betray the Mamba?s legacy a few days later, in such a public manner, with an open mic in his face...

Knicks don?t like bad PR.... he?s getting dealt.

Kiyaman

Legend
“We understand the NBA’s decision to fine and suspend Elfrid Payton, as well as fine Marcus Morris Sr. for their behavior during last night’s game,’’ the Knicks said in a statement. “In addition, we agree that Marcus’ comments were offensive and unacceptable. While we do believe his apology was sincere, that type of speech does not reflect the values of respect and inclusion that our organization stands for, and can not be tolerated.”

NY has to trade Morris now... we’re to crappy to pass on the opportunity to get another first round selection. After the death of Kobe and his daughter, and the message those two were sharing to the world, after MM acting so distraught over having to play day of Bryant’s death, for him to betray the Mamba’s legacy a few days later, in such a public manner, with an open mic in his face...

Knicks don’t like bad PR.... he’s getting dealt.

The ball-movement and scoring from Grizz JA, Brooks, and Clarke had me put Payton, Morris, Randle, and Bullock's poor team defense on the Feb. Trade table .... It was the Fight at the end of the game that had me change my mind !!!

tiger0330

Legend
“We understand the NBA’s decision to fine and suspend Elfrid Payton, as well as fine Marcus Morris Sr. for their behavior during last night’s game,’’ the Knicks said in a statement. “In addition, we agree that Marcus’ comments were offensive and unacceptable. While we do believe his apology was sincere, that type of speech does not reflect the values of respect and inclusion that our organization stands for, and can not be tolerated.”

NY has to trade Morris now... we’re to crappy to pass on the opportunity to get another first round selection. After the death of Kobe and his daughter, and the message those two were sharing to the world, after MM acting so distraught over having to play day of Bryant’s death, for him to betray the Mamba’s legacy a few days later, in such a public manner, with an open mic in his face...

Knicks don’t like bad PR.... he’s getting dealt.
Knicks aren't getting a 1st for a guy with 6 months left on his contract. I'd take a deal like Harkless and a 2nd for him.

The Knicks have a number of team friendlier contracts of guys that can that be dealt but I don't think any of them is worth a first either.

I think Dotson became a trade asset with his recent hot shooting but do the Knicks want to trade him for say Malik Monk? Can't wait to see what they pull off because the Knicks are obviously a team that shouldn't stand pat but that's been the case for years but they've only made 3 trades since 2017.

Last edited:
Hey, Hey!!
Wait a minute everybody. Sure the fight wasn't anything we all should want from our team. Neither should is spark the responses that are being posted now. Why did the fight which MM didn't start but was defending his teammate Payton merit MM needing to be traded? If Mills/Perry are doing the trading I for ONE will be against any and all trades. Sure I would trade Payton, Randle, Bobby P., Gibson and RJ today if I was GM/Pres. As wrong as Payton was I have to speak up for MM because to me it his teammate and they will discussion Payton wrong in the locker room.

Questions: Do you think our young players would have reacted like Payton?? First of all, would they have let the inbound pass be stolen?

Remember--- Mills/Perry assemble this vet roster and that fight is squarely on their shoulder.

I think people want to trade Morris because he?s one of a few players we have who could get any kind of return. I don?t think people want to trade him because of the fight.

I?m fine with him since he was with it enough to apologize for his post-game comments ****ting on women for no reason.

I wouldn't have apologize for a damn thing if it was me. It to the point that if you direct a comment to someone(not the world) it offend the world. Well, this beef is between me and him not me and him and the world. It for the two of us to settle it and come to an understanding. It hard enough for two people to settle differences least along adding the whole world into it.

Kiyaman

Legend

Not trying to be argumentative but isn't Westbrook a shoot-first guard?? That was his rep at OKC. It was all about him and nobody else.
.500 season??? I would like a lot better than that.

Having play-maker skills and above the rim Hops, plus a quick-step to score .. does not make Westbrook a shoot-first guard.
Now, Harden is a shoot-first guard!
On any given night super-star Russel Westbrook will hand you a Tripple-Double !!!

Having play-maker skills and above the rim Hops, plus a quick-step to score .. does not make Westbrook a shoot-first guard.
On any given night super-star Russel Westbrook will hand you a Tripple-Double !!!

Again, not trying to be argumentative!!

This rep at both OKC and now Rockets say he is a shoot-first guard. With all the Triple-double he didn't make his team or teammate better. It was all about him. Westbrook needs the ball to effect the game. There aren't very many players that can effect the game without the ball and he is definitely not one of them.

Westbrook only 'move the needle' for Westbrook. IMO, that isn't someone that the Knicks need now or in the future.

mafra

Legend
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
The Knicks are looking for a point guard and hold Dennis Schroder in high regard, per @SBondyNYDN

? Who wouldn't be high on Dennis Schroder? Among bench players this season, he is first in points and plus-minus, he's also 4th in assist and threes. Those stats are per Stat Muse. And while we're using that as a source, Sat Muse also reports that at 19.1 points per game, Schroder is on pace to have the highest-scoring season off the bench for the Thunder/Sonics in the three-point era. Friday night Schroder scored 24 vs. the Suns, was his 11th straight game to score 10 or more off the bench, which is the longest streak in the Thunder history.

The Knicks are 14-36 and eight games out of the playoffs. Schroder has proven that he's more than capable of running his own team and New York, much like Oklahoma City is stocked with point guards. It is not clear if they would like to part with Frank Ntilikina, Elfird Payton, or Dennis Smith Jr. Peyton will be on expiring contract next season and is due 8-million, Ntilikina will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2020-2021, and any team that has him on the roster will have to make a qualifying offer of 8.3-million. Smith Jr. is in the same boat with a qualifying offer of 7.7 on his deal.

Schroder will also be on an expiring contract next season. His current deal calls for him to make 15.5 in 2020-2021. With as important as Schroder and Chris Paul have become to the Thunder, it's hard to see Presti letting both of them go this season. However, letting Schroder get his chance to start for another organization would give Shai Gilgeous-Alexander more time at the one when Paul is on the bench. ?

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

Again, not trying to be argumentative!!

This rep at both OKC and now Rockets say he is a shoot-first guard. With all the Triple-double he didn't make his team or teammate better. It was all about him. Westbrook needs the ball to effect the game. There aren't very many players that can effect the game without the ball and he is definitely not one of them.

Westbrook only 'move the needle' for Westbrook. IMO, that isn't someone that the Knicks need now or in the future.
I watch a lot of Rockets games and say.what you will like the guy that suggested the Knicks deal to get Russ but the I think Harden and Russ are phenomenal together. The 2 are the highest sco.ring tandem together at 62ppg about 10 pts better than the second best LeBron and AD. Russ has adapted his game to his strength and not what you would expect of a Rockets player, he's finally figured out a 20% 3 pt shooter shouldn't be taking 3s so he's attacking the basket and drawing fouls to get his 25 a night and not taking 3s

Love watching the 2 play, way more than when CP3 was paired with Harden. Russ goes at it twice as hard as CP3 and I love his emotion on the court.

Two the 2 of you.
Is Westbrooks a good fit for this team? Before you answer think about Randle, Bobby P., Ellington, Gibson and RJ. All of are odd pieces of this team that don't fit.