Trade Deadline News

mafra

Legend
Amen. Every thread turns into.... why did we draft RJ at 3. That?s probably best decision NY made in a long time.

Only good pick from Gaines and Jax was KP, and that proved terrible. Why take a skinny unknown at 4 in K? Phil could?ve traded back and grabbed Booker and Oubre!

The 2019 Draft:
The Knicks had loaded up at PG(Frank, DSJ, Mudiay and Allen).
The Knicks had Dotson(starting avg 12 or so pt) and Trier who was also avg 12 pt or so for the SG.
The Knicks had Knox at SF and he was avg somewhere around 12 also.
The Knicks of course had MRob and Kornet at the Center position.
These are Facts!! This is a pretty decent nucleus to work with in building a team.
The only position not man by lottery picks was PF. Again a Fact: What is the Knicks Greatest need in 2019? It is PF position. Is everybody with me?? There wasn't a PF in this draft worth drafting at #3. The need of more talent than just one player for this team was also a concern. I hope all agree.
You don't solve either need by drafting RJ, PERIOD.
If we got the greatest thing since Apple pie then ask yourself this question-- Why didn't anybody offer or inquire about the #3 pick? I not sure this correct about someone not offering or inquiring, going on what other have posted. It didn't stop the Knicks from trying to find a trade for that position.
That is a indictment of RJ, huh. All this hype and we are the only ones interested in this Great Rookie specimen? C'mon gang give me a break.

As for the same discussion!!
You must not be looking at the Knicks record and the games. We are losing and getting beat to a puck and everybody pounding on their chest about our great rookie. I'm not that Shallow(even been accuse of that) in my thinking. Again, it a team sport. Some of you would do well to remember that point. My coaches always told me you lose as a team and you win as a team. The only thing you have to cheer about is an over Hype rookie that doesn't play any defense and all anybody can talk about is his limited offense(which they now say is getting better).

Kiyaman

Legend
What do you think? BTW, What was the Knicks great need in 2019 draft? SG, SF or PF???

The Knicks (Dolan/Mills/Perry) Needed to hire Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd as the Knicks new head coach weeks before the 2019 draft having a 17 win season. This way the head-coach could've put a few draft players through workouts to get a better evaluation of some of the draft class to pick the best player to co-exist with the team off-season Keepers (Frank, DSJ, Trier, Dotson, Knox, MitchRob, and give DeAndre Jordan a $$$ 2 to 4 yr Extension) roster.
The Knicks having two PG (Frank/DSJ), and having two centers (MitchRob/DJ), and the 3rd pick (RJ Barrett), and over $75M in cap-space, plus a new winning head-coach (Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd) willing to go out in the FA market to search for much better FA Forwards than Randle & Portis to add to the 2019-20 team.
I will admit, the performance of Forwards Morris & Gibson has become two asset keeper for the growth of the Knicks young-core players.

This thread is for Trade Deadline News. Those of us on KOL know better than to fill every thread with off topic discussion for that thread.

You are correct!!
The only thing is the Knicks can't make a trade as long as Mills/Perry are in the F.O. Letting them make a trade is another disaster upon those already done.

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

Dwyane Wade, one of the best shooting guards in NBA history, offers his take on Knicks rookie shooting guard RJ Barrett:

"I love a kid that wants to take the challenge. RJ really wanted to be a Knick. You guys know that that's been a tough challenge for a lot of players that had the opportunity to choose to go to New York and they haven't. He took it (head) on and said I want to be a Knick. I give him a lot of respect for that," Wade said during a conference call to announce his role as an analyst on NBA on TNT Tuesday Night telecasts.

Wade is likely referring to the free agents who have spurned the Knicks over the last 10 years. Since Barrett was drafted by the team -- short of holding out and refusing to sign with the Knicks -- he didn't have much of a choice about where he played as a rookie. But in the weeks leading up to the draft, Barrett made it clear that he wanted to be a Knick.

The 6-6 guard/forward is averaging 14.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.0 steal per game for New York. He's currently out for at least a week due to an ankle sprain.

"He's having a good rookie season. In that city, having a coaching change, playing different positions that he's played throughout the year, it's been up and down. But that's what a lot of rookie seasons is," said Wade, whose first appearance on TNT Tuesdays is Jan. 28. "But I really love that kid. I heard his work ethic is amazing. And he's one of the best individuals that you can be around. So I look forward to continuing to follow his career."

Kiyaman

Legend
Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

Dwyane Wade, one of the best shooting guards in NBA history, offers his take on Knicks rookie shooting guard RJ Barrett:

"I love a kid that wants to take the challenge. RJ really wanted to be a Knick. You guys know that that's been a tough challenge for a lot of players that had the opportunity to choose to go to New York and they haven't. He took it (head) on and said I want to be a Knick. I give him a lot of respect for that," Wade said during a conference call to announce his role as an analyst on NBA on TNT Tuesday Night telecasts.

Wade is likely referring to the free agents who have spurned the Knicks over the last 10 years. Since Barrett was drafted by the team -- short of holding out and refusing to sign with the Knicks -- he didn't have much of a choice about where he played as a rookie. But in the weeks leading up to the draft, Barrett made it clear that he wanted to be a Knick.

The 6-6 guard/forward is averaging 14.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.0 steal per game for New York. He's currently out for at least a week due to an ankle sprain.

"He's having a good rookie season. In that city, having a coaching change, playing different positions that he's played throughout the year, it's been up and down. But that's what a lot of rookie seasons is," said Wade, whose first appearance on TNT Tuesdays is Jan. 28. "But I really love that kid. I heard his work ethic is amazing. And he's one of the best individuals that you can be around. So I look forward to continuing to follow his career."

Yeah yeah yeah, but the Heats rookie Nunn seem to be the better all-around player than RJ Barrett.

Saw and read the same article!!!

You know when Wes Unseld was a rookie. His team improvement spoke louder than any article written by anyone. Every time he made a chest outlet pass to Kevin, Marin, Gus or Monroe it spoke for him. Simply put his team record says everything. RJ performance should speak very loudly for him, huh? But it not!! Look at the different in the performance of both players. Wes didn't need the ball(offensively) to effect the game and improve his team. RJ must have the ball on offense and his team still doesn't improve.

The Knicks are still suffering with the addition of RJ!! So how is he GOOD for the Knicks?? Of the two, Knicks and RJ, RJ is the only one supposedly doing well. Question-- with his supposedly success how has it help the team?

mafra

Legend
Yeah yeah yeah, but the Heats rookie Nunn seem to be the better all-around player than RJ Barrett.

I would hope so, for Nunn?s sake.

Nunn isn?t a rookie.... he went undrafted in 2018... and, he played in G-league last year. He?s also 5 years older than RJ.

He?s also in a more stable environment, playing with better talent and coaching.

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley reported some in NYK org view Malik Monk as a potential trade target. Fits in with their buy low on former lottery pick philosophy... Ironic that a team who hasn?t signed a first round pick of their own to a second contract in 25 years (Charlie Ward) is giddy sifting thru league trash bin in vein search of reclamation projects.

tiger0330

Legend
Ian Begley reported some in NYK org view Malik Monk as a potential trade target. Fits in with their buy low on former lottery pick philosophy... Ironic that a team who hasn’t signed a first round pick of their own to a second contract in 25 years (Charlie Ward) is giddy sifting thru league trash bin in vein search of reclamation projects.
Read some blogger write that’s what Perry was known for doing in Sactown, recycling draft bust projects in the hope he could turn one of them into a silk purse. The blogger wasn’t very impressed with Perry. I wrote maybe there’s a reason he’s been an assistant GM his whole career and not one until later on in life, he just may not be that good.

tiger0330

Legend
This Knicks front office has made 3 trades since the 2017-2018 season, one of which was the KP trade. You would have to expect that based on what they did in the past odds are they stand pat, though things may be different this year with a number of team option contracts. I still think that if they can win 4 games before the deadline, they may try to keep this unit together.

mafra

Legend
The narrative we are competitive is making me vomit. We are a joke. Real teams take the night off when they play us.... they expend the minimal amount of energy requires to win the game.

If these teams cared or feared us, and they played hard and brought their A games,
we would be losing these games by 30 every night.

Just heard that Detroit maybe interested in trading D.Rose. How about trading Payton and Ellington for Rose and a 2nd pick. This would solve several short term problems that would needed to be address anyway. First is he become a guy who can handle being the 1st option especially in the 4th quarter. Secondly you get MVP leadership and a guy who wanted to stay in N.Y. Thirdly is the to me the most important is that you have someone that Frank can learn from to be must more aggressive.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,

I said that the current F.O. can't be allowed to make any trades. The above trade is wishful thinking because they aren't smart enough to make that kind of trade anyway.

Just heard that Detroit maybe interested in trading D.Rose. How about trading Payton and Ellington for Rose and a 2nd pick. This would solve several short term problems that would needed to be address anyway. First is he become a guy who can handle being the 1st option especially in the 4th quarter. Secondly you get MVP leadership and a guy who wanted to stay in N.Y. Thirdly is the to me the most important is that you have someone that Frank can learn from to be must more aggressive.

Just my opinion.

I?d have no problem with this, but my guess is that Pistons will get better offers for Rose who is on a reasonable contract for next season.

Looking at it very closely and having Rose at the starting PG could be the thing that make us competitive. Not winner or playoff team but competitive(not getting ran out the gym).

I would still trade RJ for Porter Jr.... Right Now!! While the iron is hot or Hype is high.