Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I totally agree with this. Cap space just allows us to overpay mid tier free agents. We are years away from enough of a culture change to attract any star free agents.
    We're always in a state of wanting everything but willing to do nothing. I hate this organization
    Last edited by Broadway; Jan 14, 2020 at 09:54.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We're always in a state of wanting everything but willing to do nothing. I hate this organization
    If this front office had any foresight, it would constantly be looking to accumulate assets to try to find a way to trade for a star. Instead, we expect one to come find us. Our front office learns the wrong lesson from every failure.

I would welcome bringing in bad deals for picks and assets. Yes am fine watching a lineup of Frank, RJ, Knox, Wooten, MRob, with Trier and DSJ and whatever. Just build and develop and wait for lottery to bring a gift.

12th man

Is anyone thinking bout Coach Miller's future as a Knicks?
    Is anyone thinking bout the early NBA growth of future-star RJ and MitchRob as Knicks 5 yrs from now?
    Are Mills/Perry gonna keep switching players twice a year?
    Will 3rd season Frank and Dotson be a Knick at the end of the season?
    Marcus Morris & Gibson complimentary performance are a 4 yr Keeper to help improve the Knicks young-core players.

No to Miller in the future. Reason-- He doesn't recognize the flow of the game when it comes to staying with the player with the hot hand. I said it before 'he is a creature of habit and the 4th quarter shows.

Growth of future stars-- As for MRob there got to be a 'Big man coach' for him. One that can help him develop a mid-range jumper and put the ball on the floor. How about Kevin Garnett. This what I see if we keep RJ. We aren't going where as a team if he is the focal point. He doesn't move the needle, PERIOD.

Mills/Perry should be after thoughts because they should be fired NOW or month ago or last summer or last year. They can't be allowed to make any trades, PERIOD.

If we are lucky and that is saying a lot. New GM & President & Coach will see the benefits of having both(Frank & Dotson). Now that means having all 3 needs to know BB. In this day and time there aren't many of them.

Morris and Gibson -- Morris -Yes: Gibson - Hell NO: I'm not keeping anybody but Morris not even Bullock. A big man coach would be what I want for the center position leaving a roster spot open.

I felt the only way Miller saves his job is to (1) avoid 50 losses or (2) Dolan will sit a year and wait for his golden child in TOR (and wants him to hire his mgr).

Late Governor of Louisiana 'Hugh Long' said, "The only person that going to help a Knick is another Knick". Not exactly but close. The league has closed ranks on us and not we must build from the inside. Not waiting on super FA signing but growing young hungry players from the inside. Of course that means you need someone with a very, very good eye for talent. Who was the last person that you knew possess that quality?

Prolly IT....

Not a Knick!!

12th man

I like how the Grizzly have drafted with Ja, JJ, Clarke, Brooks a lot of it is luck if the draw but they recently demoted their former GM Chris Wallace to a scout and promoted a young 30 yr old NY lawyer Zach Kleinman to be in charge of basketball operations. Not sure who had the responsibility of drafting their young players but I would look into whether Wallace should get another shot (being made a scout says something about his eye for talent) or going in the direction both the Grizzly and Lakers made going with a young hot shot lawyer if they can't get a Ujiri or Presti here.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 16, 2020 at 17:50.

Ja and JJ were no-brainers tho...

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Ja and JJ were no-brainers tho...
    So True!
    Plus the Grizz refuse to trade their starter PG Conley, until they receive a better replacement Ja

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    If this front office had any foresight, it would constantly be looking to accumulate assets to try to find a way to trade for a star. Instead, we expect one to come find us. Our front office learns the wrong lesson from every failure.
    How many asset (keeper) players did the Knicks front office (Mills/Perry) put on the Knick team since 2017 offseason?

RJ and MRob only keeper building blocks. And even those 2 I would trade for the right return (KAT).

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    How many asset (keeper) players did the Knicks front office (Mills/Perry) put on the Knick team since 2017 offseason?
    Assets donít have to be real. Good front offices take advantage of perceptions. Sixers got picks trading guys like huge draft bust Nerlens Noel to Dallas. Trade your guys with perceived value to someone else who doesnít realize they actually stink.