Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Objectively speaking, our offer is awful and their counter offer isnít crazy. Iíd try to get them to take one of Dallasí 1st rounders and talk them out of MRob.
    GSW due to pay 80 mil tax bill. Theyíre desperately trying to clear payroll to avoid the repeater tax...

You canít look at this as a normal, trading player to maximize value....

Obviously, with NyK involved, theyíre trying to take advantage of our idiot owner/front office.

GSW most likely to hope that a D-Rus and lottery pick is a start for a KAT package or for some other all star on the block.

GSW probably will actually develop Knox and Knits...

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    GSW due to pay 80 mil tax bill. Theyíre desperately trying to clear payroll to avoid the repeater tax...

You canít look at this as a normal, trading player to maximize value....

Obviously, with NyK involved, theyíre trying to take advantage of our idiot owner/front office.

GSW most likely to hope that a D-Rus and lottery pick is a start for a KAT package or for some other all star on the block.

GSW probably will actually develop Knox and Knits...
    GSW is not going to trade us Russell for that current offer, even if they want to shed salary. We pretend Ntilikina, Knox, and Portis have value, but they donít. Trier at least we can all openly acknowledge has no value.

GSW is not going to trade us Russell for that current offer, even if they want to shed salary. We pretend Ntilikina, Knox, and Portis have value, but they donít. Trier at least we can all openly acknowledge has no value.
    Who knows how they evaluate our guys... Point is... GSW looking to shed payroll. So, if we accommodate... it shouldnít be painful for us.

I donít want D-Rus at that contract anyway, unless he falls in our laps for our underwhelming perceived flops.

Whatís GSW record? And he joined a quality club... he isnít a number 1 or 2 option, like KP situation.

They want to have money to improve club next season and avoid massive tax bill. DRus at 126 mil or something isnít attractive asset

12th man

Objectively speaking, our offer is awful and their counter offer isnít crazy. Iíd try to get them to take one of Dallasí 1st rounders and talk them out of MRob.
    I think an offer of MRob and our unprotected first is a reasonable offer for DLO along with the expirings. I don't think the Warriors would have any interest in acquiring any of our other young guys aside from Mitch.

12th man

Knicks FO is STUPID !!!
    D.Russel were a FA in the off-season the Knicks had $80M in cap space.

The past few seasons D.Russell's performance has prove to be more of a decent SG having combo-guard skills, than the play-maker PG the Knicks are looking for. D.Lo & RJ in the back-court would be the same as ISO-Zo & RJ in the back-court.
    If D.Russel had a PG in the lineup with the GSW the team would have more than 11 wins by mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I think an offer of MRob and our unprotected first is a reasonable offer for DLO along with the expirings. I don't think the Warriors would have any interest in acquiring any of our other young guys aside from Mitch.
    Then we watch GSW flip MRob and 2 lottery picks in June for KAT (with other stuff).

I would prefer KAT to D-Rus! Then again, both MIN and GSW suck with those 2 as their lead dawgs. D-Rus even worse, bc he has a championship Squad around him (minus the injured stars) and he canít carry them to even 20 wins

Again, D-Rus at 100 mil isnít exactly what I would want

12th man

The Knicks only have ONE Big-Man (MitchRob) on the Knicks roster .. A winning play-maker PG need 2 or 3 Big-men in the rotation to win games.

12th man

The Knicks need a leader PG (not D.LO) to take the ball out of Randle-Handle hands ..
    The Knicks need 3 BIG-men their game rotation of Drummond, MitchRob, and Taj Gibson .. Go after a FA Drummond!
    The Knicks need Knox to become more active in the paint and on the glass by rebounding ..
    Knicks need to tandem Frank & Dotson in a lineup to run the back-court together ..
    The trio lineup of Payton, RJ, and Morris need to be more creative in their ball-movement ..

Veteran

Knicks reportedly looking at options to trade Julius Randleís contract to free up cap room to sign Marcus Morris to a long term extension.

Knicks reportedly donít think a late 1st round pick is enough for Morris and will only trade him for an ďall-star caliberĒ player.

Morris is 30 years old and having a career year on a team that might not win 30 games. Red flags across the board. Trading him for a 1st round pick when we could still resign him in free agency would almost be a common sense move if we really were obsessed with signing him long term.

Man, our front office is dumb.

Ian Begley

@IanBegley
    Some names that came up in Hornets and Knicks recent talks included Julius Randle, Dennis Smith Jr., Terry Rozier and Malik Monk, per SNY sources. Ringer first reported that Knicks and Hornets had recently discussed Julius Randle.

ďHow to construct a trade that makes sense for both teams is harder. The numbers work if Charlotte sends out Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Miles Bridges, plus a second-round pick, but does that help the Knicks build for the future. No way the Hornets throw PJ Washington into the mix, and besides that who would New York want?Ē

SI.com

Kevin Knox and Process, Process, Process

The Knicks might be on the verge of trading Kevin Knox. Here's why they shouldn't.

By Jonathan Macri , Feb 4, 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-trade-russell

The numbers, to a certain extent, speak for themselves. For his career, Kevin Knox has an effective field goal percentage of 44 percent.

According to Basketball Reference, he is the one of only two players in the NBA over the last three seasons to put up at least a thousand field goal attempts and have an eFG% under 45. The other is his teammate, Frank Ntilikina.

Unlike Ntilikina though, offense is arguably the stronger part of Knox's game. His defense has at times rendered him unplayable, and while he has shown moments of improvement this season -the occasional block, the actual sliding of feet, not dying on every pick - it has still been a steady uphill climb.

Put it all together, and a player who cost the Knicks 9.2 points per 100 possessions last season is still costing them 3.5 points per 100 this year. It's an improvement, but one that could also be clouded with the fact that he has played more than half of his minutes with Mitchell Robinson, a plus minus darling who redeems the sins of many in his orbit.

So no, it has not been a cake walk for the young man from Kentucky. But then again, it was never supposed to be.

Knox, who is still one of the 20 youngest players in the NBA, was always going to be a project. His own college coach, John Calipari, claims he told the Knicks when when they drafted Knox that he would be player that took years - plural - to pan out.
    It hasn't happened yet. And based on the reports now floating around Twitter, it may never happen, at least not in New York.

With the Knicks potentially looking to make a splash, reports indicate that they're willing to include Knox in trade discussions, possibly for a player they may have had a chance at obtaining this summer, D'Angelo Russell.

Russell, in case you haven't heard, is good. Some would say really good.
    (Some others - like those who notice that the Warriors are only a slightly better team when he's on the court, or that he's one of the worst players in the league at finishing through contact, or that he takes a lower frequency of shots at the rim than almost literally any player in the NBA, or that his assist ratio is more commensurate with a typical shooting guard, and not a point guard - those folks would probably say otherwise. But I digress...).

All kidding aside, there are enough question marks about Russell to wonder whether he would noticeably move the needle for a team that is still 21 games under .500 after a two-game winning streak. Maybe, maybe not...but that's almost besides the point.

The one thing that everyone can agree upon right now is that the value of Kevin Knox - the man who New York would seemingly carry to San Francisco if it got them Russell in exchange - is at the lowest point it's been in his short career.
    And who knows...maybe it gets even lower. No one can say for sure.

But in an asset maximization league, trading a 20-year-old, former top-ten pick is not the type of thing sound organizations do, especially when that player might be on the verge of a turnaround.

It's a relatively small sample size that's been affected by who he's been on the floor with, but since Mike Miller has brought some stability to the team's play, the Knicks have been a better team with Knox on the court than with him off of it. Games like the one Knox had earlier in January when the Knicks defeated Miami - 17 points on eight shots, an an overall authoritative offensive performance - have been few and far between. But the fact that they exist at all can't go unnoticed.

Even last night, Knox gave the Knicks 17 minutes of sound, competent basketball that included a dozen points on just eight attempts.

"Sound" and "competent," of course, don't equate to a player of Russell's caliber - nowhere close, in fact. For all of D'Angelo's flaws, even the biggest Knox fan would be hard pressed to say that he'll ever approach an All-Star level, something Russell has already done.

But he would certainly be part of a larger package - something more than a throw in, but also not the centerpiece of any deal. Based on Knox's play, that's about all the value he's derived, last night's good game aside.

That's what makes his name being included in talks to frustrating to some fans. The front office that drafted him has preached patience and process for two years now. They promised that players who wanted to be here and that put in the work would thrive, aided by an organization that could improve their game and their stock.

Knox, for all his struggles, has been a hard worker, putting in extra work before and after games. He's also been a good kid off the court by all indications. That his struggles have continued into his sophomore season while playing ten fewer minutes per game should not come as a shock to anyone (and if anything, his continued positivity in the face of struggle is perhaps the mild surprise.)

What exactly has changed - other than the job security of the men who drafted him - is a question every Knick fan should be asking themselves with the trade deadline now just two days away. How those men approach this deadline could have wide-reaching ramifications, not just for Knox, but for the long term future of this franchise.

This season is already a lost cause. The next two days may determine just how long the bleeding lasts.

(Gulp! and does anybody trust Mills or Perry? Hey, letís commit to a 30-te-old journeyman, role player instead of capitalizing on his current high value).

Veteran

This the reality of things and it's not so much about what players are making in certain deals but who clearly is the better player. As much as GSW wants to shed salary we want and "desperately need" point guard. One team's need doesn't necessarily best the others. If we really aren't that high on D-Lo then pivot from these talks and target other interests. If we keep lurking, yeah we're going to have to come off players/assets we rather not. At the same time I doubt all we'd only take back D-Lo in any potential trade, I'm guessing we could acquire something else if we sweeten the pot

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    This the reality of things and it's not so much about what players are making in certain deals but who clearly is the better player. As much as GSW wants to shed salary we want and "desperately need" point guard. One team's need doesn't necessarily best the others. If we really aren't that high on D-Lo then pivot from these talks and target other interests. If we keep lurking, yeah we're going to have to come off players/assets we rather not. At the same time I doubt all we'd only take back D-Lo in any potential trade, I'm guessing we could acquire something else if we sweeten the pot
    Thankfully, it sounds like we did that... Talking to CHA about a Rozier-Monk for Randle-DSJ swap.

I fear this front office will hold on to MM. trade him for assets and re-sign the man. Both parties should agree thatís for the best for both futures.

Thankfully, it sounds like we did that... Talking to CHA about a Rozier-Monk for Randle-DSJ swap.

I fear this front office will hold on to MM. trade him for assets and re-sign the man. Both parties should agree that’s for the best for both futures.
    I would prefer Washington but if you can get rid of Randle & DSJ then I'm for it. Not crazy about Rozier & Monk. We have enough guard and I'm not sure if it upgrades us that much.

Our #1 priority is a PF and a Center. Randle isn't the answer but to his credit he has been doing his best, bless his soul. He is just not a #1 option and isn't a PF(not tall enough) and he isn't a SF(to slow).

There were problems with DSJ before we trade for him that is why Dallas trade him. We didn't do our homework but they never do.

Veteran

I fear this front office will hold on to MM. trade him for assets and re-sign the man. Both parties should agree thatís for the best for both futures.
    That's not a deal we should do either it doesn't solve out point guard issue. Rozier really isn't a point guard otherwise Graham wouldn't almost double him in the assist column. He's a scoring guard. He and Monk would be incredibly redundant. We need someone in the back court who's a threat to get 7-10ast/gm while being a scoring threat and play defense if at all possible.

Charlotte just signed Rozier why would they move off him so fast if he's the back court replacement to Kemba?