Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

I guess itís dump or trash for theirs?

I donít move it either... I fee like there is something there in DSJ. Now, having Rozier, Frank and MRob should make for a defensive unit....

But I think Monk is trash. I would prefer Kennard from DET.

And, yes, I love Randleís attitude and professionalism. Miller is also getting something out of him.... just need to limit his turnovers.

My main issue with Randle is PF minutes. With MM and Knox.... I think we need to pick between MM or Randle, bc we owe it to the org to give Knox every chance to fail. Or succeed. Otherwise, send him to G-League to develop.

Welly-well, Wojo reports the first act of Perry was to make Morris available. Now we know who the true fool was... Mills!

Veteran

Now the offers should start to vamp up

Randle, Payton and RJ should be our main topic of discussion to trade. These are the players who are playing the most minutes with the most hype. If we can trick 3 teams into trading for them that would be great. Especially if we could get the Nuggets to trade MPJ for RJ. That would solve our problem in the division with defending Ben Simmons. Combine him with Knox, Frank, Dotson and MRob.

12th man

The Knicks don't need to make any trade this season …. We need to keep being creative in building a set Game-Plan, and making team-plays for the trio & tandem scorers. Yes, we need two creative scorers to take the ball out of Randle-Handle hands in crunch-time minutes. Yes, we need another center (FA Drummond), to put Taj Gibson at his natural PF position to tandem in a lineup having MitchRob at center, and Knox at SF. Yes, we need to give Morris an extension contract for the growth of the young-core players. Yes, we need to get our guard rotation on the same-page by Tandem Frank & DSJ in a lineup, and tandem Payton & Dotson in a lineup to run the back-court offense.
    Yes, we could use one or two more creative coaches added to the coaching-staff next season.

I agree you. Let hope that Dolan had written what you said down and given it to Perry.

Veteran

Welp the first Big Trade goes down

Wolves pick up an asset they wanted to flip for D-Lo which probably goes down next

I'm hearing Mooks and Payton might be out soon. On Reddit one guy says Morris already said goodbye to the knicks writers while Payton unfollowed the Knicks.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post

Wolves pick up an asset they wanted to flip for D-Lo which probably goes down next
    Houston gets Covington, but had to give up Capela to do it. I donít love this deal for them.

Atlanta gets Capela, which I think is pretty good for them.

Denver gets a late 1st round pick for giving up very little. Pretty good.

My feeling on Minnesota all depends on what they do next. If they get Russell, this deal makes a lot of sense.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post

Pretty steep price for the Rox to get Covington. Capela and a first, partially a salary move to get them under the luxury tax.

Saw the Rox Pels game and I said wtf with D'ants starting Harden, Russ, PJ, House and Gordon none of them taller than 6'6" and hasn't been done since 1963 when NBA teams were a lot smaller. The Rox have committed to small ball big time but are going to be sadly disappointed when they face big teams like the Bucks or Lakers. They better hope Chandler has something left in the tank when they face them.

Though I like the look of Russ and Harden, heard the Rox offense is somewhat worse than with CP3 because Russ can't shoot 3s, Russ has stopped taking them shooting 6 a game when he first joined the team but has shot less than 10 the last 4 so the final verdict isn't in on this trade this season.

12th man

BTW, the Capela trade was widely rumored along with Covington being a player they wanted to spread the floor with his 3 pt shooting and he is a great defender having made the all NBA defensive team. Maybe not such a bad move for the Rox given Capela's lack of versatility on the offensive end.

Reading the ESPN critique of the trade and the Rox can spend 12M, 5.8 without going over the tax and will be looking for C help and buyouts after the deadline. Jordan Bell was also part of the deal and will help with D in the post.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Feb 05, 2020 at 08:16.

Veteran

Just read on Wojís Twitter that this 4 team deal was the most expansive NBA trade since Patrick Ewing got traded away by the Knicks in 2000.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just read on Woj’s Twitter that this 4 team deal was the most expansive NBA trade since Patrick Ewing got traded away by the Knicks in 2000.
    Thats what you get when you have creative, competent front offices. Reading the critique of the Capela Covington deal, the average fans opinion of trading away a guy like Capela isn't favorable but reading about the analytics of the deal it's a lot more favorable with Covington having more impact than Capela would if he remains healthy. Knicks I think managed their trades and acquisitions more on feel and gut rather than analytics, I'd like to see a different approach with the next front office with more analytics.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Thats what you get when you have creative, competent front offices. Reading the critique of the Capela Covington deal, the average fans opinion of trading away a guy like Capela isn't favorable but reading about the analytics of the deal it's a lot more favorable with Covington having more impact than Capela would if he remains healthy. Knicks I think managed their trades and acquisitions more on feel and gut rather than analytics, I'd like to see a different approach with the next front office with more analytics.
    Morey scares the heck out of me with the moves he makes. Someone else made the point about how Houston is going to get absolutely shredded if they go against AD or Jokic in the playoffs.

I donít like this agent search direction. To me, you look at Presti or wait a Year for Masai.

Screw Paul. If he wanted NY, then he shouldíve steered LJ here.

Screw Kleiman. See above.

Screw CAA.

Agent in La a disaster. Kobeís agent lucked out LJ wanted to live in Los Angeles.

GSW a unique situation, and that agent didnít build that team, right?

Presti or Masai or Buford?