Game thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 1/14/2020 [Game #41]

jimkcchief88

All Star
RJ 2-2 from FT and 2-3 from downtown in first half. Just amazing how this teenager is already an iron man... plays every game... heavy minutes... and he physically is fine.

Yeah, how does Dotson miss 5 shots in 4 minutes. Kid just can?t make shots and this is a ****-making league

Randle has decent double double numbers, but has 16 points on 15 shots.

MIL is going to the Finals. They are good.

RJ has been balling ever KO.COM tried to bench him for Bullock. How did Bullock do last night??? Oh yeah 3 points in 23 minutes. But I bet his hair was braided up and colored nicely. GTFO. We need a PG. Anyone that says our sorry collection of guards(Peyton,Dot,Trier,Ellington,Allen,Frank) are worthy is smoking crack. Check Ja Morant?s highlights last night. We need some of that. Dump MM and JR for draft capital and tank for the best PG coming out of the draft whomever that may be.

Bullock, Dot, Wayne, Payton, and Trier all combined for a 3-30 shooting night .... And I was worried bout Knicks FT shooting tonight SMH .... I guess when No one (Randle/Barrett) are putting a effort to play Team-Defense vs a offensive Giannis Bucks team that average above 116 pts per night .. Who cares if their shot goes in, no defensive-plan vs the highest scoring team means we loss at tip-off !!!
Can you say it one more time "no one is putting an effort into Team-Defense". Are you the only one in this forum that understands the complete game. Not just scoring points but also playing defense.
There isn't another post that mention the word defense or the cause of the Buck scoring 125 points.
There was a time when Knick fans were consider the 'Most Knowledgeable Fans in BB'. We knew the game. It a sorry state of affairs when our fan base mirror the F.O. No wonder we are in this condition. PITIFUL!!!

paris401

Starter
Well what now? 11 wins out of 41 games .. Players? Coach? GM? President? Owner?
Does this mean the 2019-20 Knicks are a 22 win season team ???

hey 5 more wins this year then last...if we continue in this upward trajectory, in 6 more seasons we will have a 42/40 record...

Broadway

All Star
It’s not just the Knicks that can’t defend them they’re the highest scoring team in the NBA at near 120 ppm. The Knicks problem is more their offense though being near the bottom of the league in PPG, I’ve been complaining about the lack of shooters all season saying we’re getting out gunned by these top teams. How do you beat the Bucks when the backup PG is the leading 3pt shooter in the NBA at 51%?
This Trade i
Clips are going going to make a pitch for MM, Harkless straight up for him doesn’t work salary wise so maybe we can expand the deal and get that late first rounder and swap some young talent like Robinson for Trier/Dotson.
View attachment 840

He's coming along well, no matter how much Kiya and Dark Raider stomp and gnash their teeth over the fact he's here it doesn't blackout his evident improvement.

Meanwhile look at this row of joy

mafra

Legend
That?s a great photo. Picture worth 1000 words.

I still believe Dolan will sit a year for the boy wonder in TOR to become a free agent. This will give Mills and Perry a little over a year to change the narrative.

Gulp.

How much damage can these 2 do?

All you have to do is list the improvements(more than one-if you can get one). There is one slogan that fits him " Move the needle"!!!
Got a question for you are anyone else who care to answer. It simple 'Why was RJ drafted? I PUT A TRAP DOOR IF YOU INCORRECTLY ANSWER. If you answer correctly you shot yourself in the foot.

Broadway

All Star
All you have to do is list the improvements(more than one-if you can get one). There is one slogan that fits him " Move the needle"!!!
Got a question for you are anyone else who care to answer. It simple 'Why was RJ drafted? I PUT A TRAP DOOR IF YOU INCORRECTLY ANSWER. If you answer correctly you shot yourself in the foot.

This may sting a little...look away

That didn't answer the question.
It a very simple question. Please go back and read the question. It shouldn't be hard unless you don't know.

That picture is priceless. I wonder whether Dolan travel with them on away games? Perry doesn't look like a happy camper. Mills is a more personable person. Mills is a snake and Perry a slime ball. Would love to be able to talk with Dolan one on one. Just me & him.

Every few days I check back in just to make sure you guys are still having the same argument you were having 2 months ago...

tiger0330

Legend
He's coming along well, no matter how much Kiya and Dark Raider stomp and gnash their teeth over the fact he's here it doesn't blackout his evident improvement.

Meanwhile look at this row of joy
I assume you’re talking about RJ. Very pleased with his progress, he’s kicked it up earlier than I hoped. I was thinking that it might happen after the AS break but his monthly splits show improvement across the board for the month of January so far, he’s got his FT shooting which was a major flaw up to a respectable 76%. Love his intangibles as well, seems to be an iron man like Harden that hates to take a game off. Breen praises his maturity all the time for a 19 yr old and Fizdale said nobody works harder than RJ.

Attachments

• 05512233-CDE4-4423-9AEE-B878831B371F.jpg
    05512233-CDE4-4423-9AEE-B878831B371F.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 3DDE047D-5F25-4957-869F-D5BB0376EBFA.jpg
    3DDE047D-5F25-4957-869F-D5BB0376EBFA.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
  • F03C34F0-BB19-4B8E-B69E-0817AEFDAA20.jpg
    F03C34F0-BB19-4B8E-B69E-0817AEFDAA20.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Only a fool would judge a teenager, as if he was a finished product. RJ is a man. As the song goes, ?M.A.N.?

He gets in the lab and works. Most importantly, he?s honest and is aware of his flaws... he?s improving his shooting month by month. Just imagine where he will be in 6 years.... when the man will still be young.

Let?s talk about Steph Curry?s defense his rookie year. Or Doncic this season. Just like the rest of his game, I imagine RJ will be a plus defender soon enough.

Again, this dude is a MAN. And he?ll be the apple of this draft class come 2024.

tiger0330

Legend
Only a fool would judge a teenager, as if he was a finished product. RJ is a man. As the song goes, ?M.A.N.?

He gets in the lab and works. Most importantly, he?s honest and is aware of his flaws... he?s improving his shooting month by month. Just imagine where he will be in 6 years.... when the man will still be young.

Let?s talk about Steph Curry?s defense his rookie year. Or Doncic this season. Just like the rest of his game, I imagine RJ will be a plus defender soon enough.

Again, this dude is a MAN. And he?ll be the apple of this draft class come 2024.
I don?t see Dark praising guys like Alexander-Walker, Hayes or even Porter when they haven?t produced like RJ is producing now. Almost like he has a grudge against the kid or maybe he?s an anti-Dukie. Lol. I?m betting out of the 4, RJ has the best chance to become an AS first with maybe Porter giving RJ a run for the money.

Kiyaman

Legend
This may sting a little...look away

Rookie RJ Barrett average 35 minute per in 41 Knicks game ..
The last Knicks rookie that average 35 minute per were Mark Jackson making the Ewing-Knicks a .500 season team in 1987.

I agree .. the 19 yr old RJ Barrett's scoring performance has been improving tremendously into a future all-star.
The rookie RJ Barrett's athleticism is off the wall, plus the rookie FG & FT percentage has improve much better than all his teammates in the rotation.

His Team-Ball and effort on defense is questionable ???

mafra

Legend
RJ needs to pass more and be more aware that he needs to get others involved. But, is it really the responsibility of a 19 yr-old rookie SG/SF guy to play that role?

I?ve watched him play about 70 games... And, I know he can pass. I?ve seen his vision and his passing acumen. He can pass... Has vision.... I believe this will come w/ experience.

His defense needs work, but the effort is there. We need to coach defense and instill defensive principles... hammer it in. But, if you are playing for a 5-18 team... and you?re a teenager.... I can see how the effort and will may be diminished.

But, yes, he needs to pass more and play better defense. If he is still this player at 22.... then we can start pointing fingers.

Maybe most of you have forgotten this is a team sport. I watching the Knicks as a team first and individual second. What is the wrong/problems with the team then with individual players. If you have notice we no better than we were last year. This team is using the same methodology that it used last season. The only different it is worst with RJ than it was with Trier. It obvious that defense isn't a priority for all of you in this forum except for Kiya and myself. Someone mention about the Buck they are the high scoring team in the league. Where is the plan to defeat them? Is it in trying to out score them? Good Luck with that as you can see from the score of the game. Their starter on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Back to defense. Knicks only hope was to play good defense and limit their touches. Do you know what that mean??? Everybody especially the starter have to play good defense. Did that happen. No, because from the start of the game it was like all the other games this year. We got out hustle and out played because of the defensive lapse of RJ. Do you have any idea what that does to the over-all system? No you don't!!! One players lapses domino into another player having to leave his man to cover or not switching correctly. Of course I'm talking to people who say that know the game. I question that like I question the future superstar we drafted at #3. In most cases you can see the over-all game of a player offense and defense. The only thing that is spoke is about his offense never about the defense he plays.

It funny how the argument is that he is a teenager and shouldn't be judged. Fool is the word, correct. Teenager are judged in life for a lot of reason, so that it true. My point is that in breath he a teenager but next sentence is HE IS A MAN. Can't have it both ways. You want mercy and understanding for the teenager not being a finish product. But on the hand when you are singing his praises he a M.A.N. Don't be a HYPOCRITE!! Think about some of those things before you say them trying to strengthen your argument. It only cancel out whatever point you were trying to make. There no hypocrisy in my opinion about RJ. I think it a mistake to draft him and until the "Needle is Moved" that my stands. To all of you just remember Wes Unseld. There no way he can be what Wes was because the season is gone. Wes transform his team, his team, his team.

As for Walker, Hayes, Porter and don't forget Paschal they are players I said we should have drafted. I'm a Knick fan and follow my team closely. Yes, I occasionally look at there process. As for them not doing better than RJ. There are different circumstances surrounding each. Those 4 aren't shove down the tongue of there team like RJ. They were drafted correctly and being coached in the same way. That statement should cause you to think very deeply. Because if RJ wasn't drafted correctly you know damn well he isn't getting coach correctly. Not mention Paschal says a lot because he is starting and the others are increasing the minutes. They aren't being given anything they are earn it. If you got a problem with that just remember the team meeting and the two problems that all the players spoke too, RJ and Randle.

It good most of you see a future star. I see and take the evaluation of C. Gaines about RJ. You might do well to reread it.

Getting drafted a #3 carry a lot of responsibilities and expectations. You want simplicity and understanding for a 19 yr old on one hand. But on the other hand he a M.A.N. and doing a great job. You know that damn lie but you will sale that PigN'Pork just like Mills/Perry sold that pipe dream of last year. You aren't any different they are like them you are a merchant of deception.

tiger0330

Legend
There are 2 stick outs to me for ROY, one we know about Ja Morant but that kid Brandon Clarke is quietly having a nice year in limited minutes. Outstanding efficiency, 40% 3pt shooter, 63% FG%, 80% FT and is averaging 20ppg per 36mins. But here’s the thing with RJ improvement over the last 8 games in Jan, he would be in the mix for ROY with other guys that have been mentioned like Nunn and Paschall, his JAN numbers stack up favorably with those guys and Clarke, Paschall and Nunn aren’t 19 like RJ is. If RJ can sustain what he’s doing for the rest of the season, he’ll get some consideration for the award. Very happy that we got him.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe most of you have forgotten this is a team sport. I watching the Knicks as a team first and individual second. What is the wrong/problems with the team then with individual players. If you have notice we no better than we were last year. This team is using the same methodology that it used last season. The only different it is worst with RJ than it was with Trier. It obvious that defense isn't a priority for all of you in this forum except for Kiya and myself. Someone mention about the Buck they are the high scoring team in the league. Where is the plan to defeat them? Is it in trying to out score them? Good Luck with that as you can see from the score of the game. Their starter on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Back to defense. Knicks only hope was to play good defense and limit their touches. Do you know what that mean??? Everybody especially the starter have to play good defense. Did that happen. No, because from the start of the game it was like all the other games this year. We got out hustle and out played because of the defensive lapse of RJ. Do you have any idea what that does to the over-all system? No you don't!!! One players lapses domino into another player having to leave his man to cover or not switching correctly. Of course I'm talking to people who say that know the game. I question that like I question the future superstar we drafted at #3. In most cases you can see the over-all game of a player offense and defense. The only thing that is spoke is about his offense never about the defense he plays.

It funny how the argument is that he is a teenager and shouldn't be judged. Fool is the word, correct. Teenager are judged in life for a lot of reason, so that it true. My point is that in breath he a teenager but next sentence is HE IS A MAN. Can't have it both ways. You want mercy and understanding for the teenager not being a finish product. But on the hand when you are singing his praises he a M.A.N. Don't be a HYPOCRITE!! Think about some of those things before you say them trying to strengthen your argument. It only cancel out whatever point you were trying to make. There no hypocrisy in my opinion about RJ. I think it a mistake to draft him and until the "Needle is Moved" that my stands. To all of you just remember Wes Unseld. There no way he can be what Wes was because the season is gone. Wes transform his team, his team, his team.

As for Walker, Hayes, Porter and don't forget Paschal they are players I said we should have drafted. I'm a Knick fan and follow my team closely. Yes, I occasionally look at there process. As for them not doing better than RJ. There are different circumstances surrounding each. Those 4 aren't shove down the tongue of there team like RJ. They were drafted correctly and being coached in the same way. That statement should cause you to think very deeply. Because if RJ wasn't drafted correctly you know damn well he isn't getting coach correctly. Not mention Paschal says a lot because he is starting and the others are increasing the minutes. They aren't being given anything they are earn it. If you got a problem with that just remember the team meeting and the two problems that all the players spoke too, RJ and Randle.

It good most of you see a future star. I see and take the evaluation of C. Gaines about RJ. You might do well to reread it.
Gaines is a joke. He still says Ntilikina is going to be something despite his obvious flaws. If he was so good he would still have his job with the Knicks and not out of the league for all those years after the Bulls let him go.