home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksMilwaukee Bucks
Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (PROB)Robin Lopez - Rest (OUT)
Mitchell Robinson - Sprained left great toe (PROB)Frank Mason III - Oblique muscle strain (OUT)
Reggie Bullock - Contused left tigh (PROB)-
Marcus Morris - Sore neck (OUT)-
Dennis Smith Jr. - Left oblique strain (OUT)-
Ignas Brazdeikis - G League assignment (OUT)-

Game Preview

The good news for the New York Knicks is their losing streak is over. The bad news? The Milwaukee Bucks are next on the schedule and Giannis Antetokounmpo is feeling better.

The Knicks will look to build a rare winning streak Tuesday when they visit the Bucks in the final game of the season between the Eastern Conference clubs.

Both teams are coming off victories.

The Knicks snapped a five-game losing streak Sunday afternoon when they overcame a 14-point second-half deficit to edge the visiting Miami Heat 124-121. The NBA-leading Bucks earned their third straight victory Saturday when they capped a four-game Western Conference road swing with a 122-101 win over the Portland Trail Blazers.

The Knicks, who entered Monday with the third-worst record in the NBA at 11-29, appeared headed for another discouraging loss as they fell into the double-digit hole in the third quarter. But New York, whose three previous losses came by a combined 66 points, stunned the Heat by outscoring the team tied for the second-best record in the Eastern Conference 40-23 in the fourth quarter.

"It's huge," rookie guard RJ Barrett told reporters following the victory. "They're really one of the best teams in the league. We were able to fight it out and get one."

With the win, the Knicks improved to 7-11 since David Fizdale was fired as head coach Dec. 6 and replaced by Mike Miller.

"I just told the guys I'm so happy for them, so proud of them for hanging in there and battling back," Miller said afterward. "We bent a couple times but didn't break."

The task will likely be tougher Tuesday against a healthier Antetokounmpo and the well-rested Bucks (35-6), who have won more games at the halfway point of the season than the Knicks have in any of the previous five seasons.

"Thirty-five wins, man, this is crazy," Antetokounmpo said Saturday night. "I'm really happy about this, the way we've been playing."

Antetokounmpo was particularly happy Saturday night. After being hampered by a sore back and averaging 22.3 points -- more than seven points below his season average -- during the first three games of the road trip, the 6-foot-11 hybrid guard/forward scored 13 points in the first quarter against the Trail Blazers. He finished with 32 points and 17 rebounds while adding six assists in a mere 29 minutes.

The 13 first-quarter points matched Antetokounmpo's total for the entire game Friday, when the Bucks beat the Sacramento Kings 127-106

"I guess nobody's probably ever 100-percent healthy, but I think he wanted to put a statement on the game," Bucks head coach Mike Budenholzer said.

"Giannis was very good (Friday) night, but he probably wasn't his super Giannis that we're all used to. So I think whenever he has one of those games, you feel like he's going to come out and play with force in the first quarter, want to put a different spin on the game. And he definitely did that."

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle-Handle look/act nervous when Giannis was on the court .. Now Giannis on the bench Randle become the scoring star on the court lol

Kiyaman

Legend
My Dotson playing nervous on offense 0-4 but doing a great job on defense trying to defend the GIANNIS Bucks

Kiyaman

Legend
Miller gonna have to tell Knox to just stay in front of Giannis on defense in the 2nd Half because Giannis is unstoppable

mafra

Legend
RJ 2-2 from FT and 2-3 from downtown in first half. Just amazing how this teenager is already an iron man... plays every game... heavy minutes... and he physically is fine.

Yeah, how does Dotson miss 5 shots in 4 minutes. Kid just can?t make shots and this is a ****-making league

Randle has decent double double numbers, but has 16 points on 15 shots.

MIL is going to the Finals. They are good.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why did Miller take out Knox. He had a least 3 assist.

Fort-Knox suppose to play 32 plus minute tonight trying to defend Giannis .. Miller pose to be a better developer of the young-core players than what we had. It would be nice to see a 6 minute lineup of MitchRob Gibson and Knox in the 2nd Half ......

Half-Time Score Knicks 40 - Bucks 65

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope Miller do a 360 change in coaching-substitution in the 2nd half to at least perform a better team-defense

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 76 - Bucks 108

The Knicks are getting out beat in every area of the B.ball Game by the Giannis Bucks SMH

Kiyaman

Legend
Well what now? 11 wins out of 41 games .. Players? Coach? GM? President? Owner?
Does this mean the 2019-20 Knicks are a 22 win season team ???

mafra

Legend
Kid is good bro, I don?t know what else to say...other than the fact we have the worst collection of guards in the NBA, DREADFUL!

I was impressed when I saw him last year, and even when I was focused on drafting Zion... I had a feeling there was a chance RJ would have the better pro career.

He?s sort of like Melo, in that he wouldn?t be the star franchise player I would pick, if I were drawing up a Roster... my top choice... but... nonetheless... he still on the career trajectory path of being an All Star.

Our guards have sucked for what feels like 20 years. I blame Dominique Wilkins. I had the nerve back in the late 80s to envision having Ewing and Dominique play together... man, Pat would?ve taken Clyde and Hakeem if he had help! That was a 2-star era...

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Kid is good bro, I don?t know what else to say...other than the fact we have the worst collection of guards in the NBA, DREADFUL!

Bullock, Dot, Wayne, Payton, and Trier all combined for a 3-30 shooting night .... And I was worried bout Knicks FT shooting tonight SMH .... I guess when No one (Randle/Barrett) are putting a effort to play Team-Defense vs a offensive Giannis Bucks team that average above 116 pts per night .. Who cares if their shot goes in, no defensive-plan vs the highest scoring team means we loss at tip-off !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Bullock, Dot, Wayne, Payton, and Trier all combined for a 3-30 shooting night .... And I was worried bout Knicks FT shooting tonight SMH .... I guess when No one (Randle/Barrett) are putting a effort to play Team-Defense vs a offensive Giannis Bucks team that average above 116 pts per night .. Who cares if their shot goes in, no defensive-plan vs the highest scoring team means we loss at tip-off !!!
It’s not just the Knicks that can’t defend them they’re the highest scoring team in the NBA at near 120 ppm. The Knicks problem is more their offense though being near the bottom of the league in PPG, I’ve been complaining about the lack of shooters all season saying we’re getting out gunned by these top teams. How do you beat the Bucks when the backup PG is the leading 3pt shooter in the NBA at 51%?
This Trade i
Clips are going going to make a pitch for MM, Harkless straight up for him doesn’t work salary wise so maybe we can expand the deal and get that late first rounder and swap some young talent like Robinson for Trier/Dotson.
1A623D10-0C76-4330-89EC-6F1788360290.jpg

Last edited: