Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,444
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Every few days I check back in just to make sure you guys are still having the same argument you were having 2 months ago...

  2. #32
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    31

    Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    He's coming along well, no matter how much Kiya and Dark Raider stomp and gnash their teeth over the fact he's here it doesn't blackout his evident improvement.

    Meanwhile look at this row of joy
    I assume you’re talking about RJ. Very pleased with his progress, he’s kicked it up earlier than I hoped. I was thinking that it might happen after the AS break but his monthly splits show improvement across the board for the month of January so far, he’s got his FT shooting which was a major flaw up to a respectable 76%. Love his intangibles as well, seems to be an iron man like Harden that hates to take a game off. Breen praises his maturity all the time for a 19 yr old and Fizdale said nobody works harder than RJ.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 15, 2020 at 18:31.

  3. #33
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Only a fool would judge a teenager, as if he was a finished product. RJ is a man. As the song goes, “M.A.N.”

    He gets in the lab and works. Most importantly, he’s honest and is aware of his flaws... he’s improving his shooting month by month. Just imagine where he will be in 6 years.... when the man will still be young.

    Let’s talk about Steph Curry’s defense his rookie year. Or Doncic this season. Just like the rest of his game, I imagine RJ will be a plus defender soon enough.

    Again, this dude is a MAN. And he’ll be the apple of this draft class come 2024.

  4. #34
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Only a fool would judge a teenager, as if he was a finished product. RJ is a man. As the song goes, “M.A.N.”

    He gets in the lab and works. Most importantly, he’s honest and is aware of his flaws... he’s improving his shooting month by month. Just imagine where he will be in 6 years.... when the man will still be young.

    Let’s talk about Steph Curry’s defense his rookie year. Or Doncic this season. Just like the rest of his game, I imagine RJ will be a plus defender soon enough.

    Again, this dude is a MAN. And he’ll be the apple of this draft class come 2024.
    I don’t see Dark praising guys like Alexander-Walker, Hayes or even Porter when they haven’t produced like RJ is producing now. Almost like he has a grudge against the kid or maybe he’s an anti-Dukie. Lol. I’m betting out of the 4, RJ has the best chance to become an AS first with maybe Porter giving RJ a run for the money.

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,218
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    This may sting a little...look away

    Rookie RJ Barrett average 35 minute per in 41 Knicks game ..
    The last Knicks rookie that average 35 minute per were Mark Jackson making the Ewing-Knicks a .500 season team in 1987.

    I agree .. the 19 yr old RJ Barrett's scoring performance has been improving tremendously into a future all-star.
    The rookie RJ Barrett's athleticism is off the wall, plus the rookie FG & FT percentage has improve much better than all his teammates in the rotation.

    His Team-Ball and effort on defense is questionable ???

  6. #36
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    RJ needs to pass more and be more aware that he needs to get others involved. But, is it really the responsibility of a 19 yr-old rookie SG/SF guy to play that role?

    I’ve watched him play about 70 games... And, I know he can pass. I’ve seen his vision and his passing acumen. He can pass... Has vision.... I believe this will come w/ experience.

    His defense needs work, but the effort is there. We need to coach defense and instill defensive principles... hammer it in. But, if you are playing for a 5-18 team... and you’re a teenager.... I can see how the effort and will may be diminished.

    But, yes, he needs to pass more and play better defense. If he is still this player at 22.... then we can start pointing fingers.

  7. #37
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Maybe most of you have forgotten this is a team sport. I watching the Knicks as a team first and individual second. What is the wrong/problems with the team then with individual players. If you have notice we no better than we were last year. This team is using the same methodology that it used last season. The only different it is worst with RJ than it was with Trier. It obvious that defense isn't a priority for all of you in this forum except for Kiya and myself. Someone mention about the Buck they are the high scoring team in the league. Where is the plan to defeat them? Is it in trying to out score them? Good Luck with that as you can see from the score of the game. Their starter on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Back to defense. Knicks only hope was to play good defense and limit their touches. Do you know what that mean??? Everybody especially the starter have to play good defense. Did that happen. No, because from the start of the game it was like all the other games this year. We got out hustle and out played because of the defensive lapse of RJ. Do you have any idea what that does to the over-all system? No you don't!!! One players lapses domino into another player having to leave his man to cover or not switching correctly. Of course I'm talking to people who say that know the game. I question that like I question the future superstar we drafted at #3. In most cases you can see the over-all game of a player offense and defense. The only thing that is spoke is about his offense never about the defense he plays.

    It funny how the argument is that he is a teenager and shouldn't be judged. Fool is the word, correct. Teenager are judged in life for a lot of reason, so that it true. My point is that in breath he a teenager but next sentence is HE IS A MAN. Can't have it both ways. You want mercy and understanding for the teenager not being a finish product. But on the hand when you are singing his praises he a M.A.N. Don't be a HYPOCRITE!! Think about some of those things before you say them trying to strengthen your argument. It only cancel out whatever point you were trying to make. There no hypocrisy in my opinion about RJ. I think it a mistake to draft him and until the "Needle is Moved" that my stands. To all of you just remember Wes Unseld. There no way he can be what Wes was because the season is gone. Wes transform his team, his team, his team.

    As for Walker, Hayes, Porter and don't forget Paschal they are players I said we should have drafted. I'm a Knick fan and follow my team closely. Yes, I occasionally look at there process. As for them not doing better than RJ. There are different circumstances surrounding each. Those 4 aren't shove down the tongue of there team like RJ. They were drafted correctly and being coached in the same way. That statement should cause you to think very deeply. Because if RJ wasn't drafted correctly you know damn well he isn't getting coach correctly. Not mention Paschal says a lot because he is starting and the others are increasing the minutes. They aren't being given anything they are earn it. If you got a problem with that just remember the team meeting and the two problems that all the players spoke too, RJ and Randle.

    It good most of you see a future star. I see and take the evaluation of C. Gaines about RJ. You might do well to reread it.

  8. #38
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Getting drafted a #3 carry a lot of responsibilities and expectations. You want simplicity and understanding for a 19 yr old on one hand. But on the other hand he a M.A.N. and doing a great job. You know that damn lie but you will sale that PigN'Pork just like Mills/Perry sold that pipe dream of last year. You aren't any different they are like them you are a merchant of deception.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    There are 2 stick outs to me for ROY, one we know about Ja Morant but that kid Brandon Clarke is quietly having a nice year in limited minutes. Outstanding efficiency, 40% 3pt shooter, 63% FG%, 80% FT and is averaging 20ppg per 36mins. But here’s the thing with RJ improvement over the last 8 games in Jan, he would be in the mix for ROY with other guys that have been mentioned like Nunn and Paschall, his JAN numbers stack up favorably with those guys and Clarke, Paschall and Nunn aren’t 19 like RJ is. If RJ can sustain what he’s doing for the rest of the season, he’ll get some consideration for the award. Very happy that we got him.

  10. #40
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Maybe most of you have forgotten this is a team sport. I watching the Knicks as a team first and individual second. What is the wrong/problems with the team then with individual players. If you have notice we no better than we were last year. This team is using the same methodology that it used last season. The only different it is worst with RJ than it was with Trier. It obvious that defense isn't a priority for all of you in this forum except for Kiya and myself. Someone mention about the Buck they are the high scoring team in the league. Where is the plan to defeat them? Is it in trying to out score them? Good Luck with that as you can see from the score of the game. Their starter on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Back to defense. Knicks only hope was to play good defense and limit their touches. Do you know what that mean??? Everybody especially the starter have to play good defense. Did that happen. No, because from the start of the game it was like all the other games this year. We got out hustle and out played because of the defensive lapse of RJ. Do you have any idea what that does to the over-all system? No you don't!!! One players lapses domino into another player having to leave his man to cover or not switching correctly. Of course I'm talking to people who say that know the game. I question that like I question the future superstar we drafted at #3. In most cases you can see the over-all game of a player offense and defense. The only thing that is spoke is about his offense never about the defense he plays.

    It funny how the argument is that he is a teenager and shouldn't be judged. Fool is the word, correct. Teenager are judged in life for a lot of reason, so that it true. My point is that in breath he a teenager but next sentence is HE IS A MAN. Can't have it both ways. You want mercy and understanding for the teenager not being a finish product. But on the hand when you are singing his praises he a M.A.N. Don't be a HYPOCRITE!! Think about some of those things before you say them trying to strengthen your argument. It only cancel out whatever point you were trying to make. There no hypocrisy in my opinion about RJ. I think it a mistake to draft him and until the "Needle is Moved" that my stands. To all of you just remember Wes Unseld. There no way he can be what Wes was because the season is gone. Wes transform his team, his team, his team.

    As for Walker, Hayes, Porter and don't forget Paschal they are players I said we should have drafted. I'm a Knick fan and follow my team closely. Yes, I occasionally look at there process. As for them not doing better than RJ. There are different circumstances surrounding each. Those 4 aren't shove down the tongue of there team like RJ. They were drafted correctly and being coached in the same way. That statement should cause you to think very deeply. Because if RJ wasn't drafted correctly you know damn well he isn't getting coach correctly. Not mention Paschal says a lot because he is starting and the others are increasing the minutes. They aren't being given anything they are earn it. If you got a problem with that just remember the team meeting and the two problems that all the players spoke too, RJ and Randle.

    It good most of you see a future star. I see and take the evaluation of C. Gaines about RJ. You might do well to reread it.
    Gaines is a joke. He still says Ntilikina is going to be something despite his obvious flaws. If he was so good he would still have his job with the Knicks and not out of the league for all those years after the Bulls let him go.

  11. #41
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

    After practice on Wednesday, RJ Barrett was shooting free throws while Knicks assistant coach Keith Bogans rebounded for him. He celebrated after he made his last attempt on Wednesday, as the Knicks front office looked on.

    "Before I leave every practice I've got to make 10 or 15 in a row before I get off the court," Barrett said.

    The extra shooting seems to be paying off.


    After starting the season shooting around 50 percent from the free-throw line, Barrett has made 77 percent of his free throws over the last 12 games. He's also hit 39 percent of his 3-point attempts in that stretch.

    "I said I'm going to keep working on it; it's a matter of time," Barrett said Wednesday when asked about his strong shooting of late. "I feel like everybody coming into the league, all the stars, you see where they were at when they first came in and see where they're at now, it's just the work you put in, it shows."

    Barrett's shot was one of the bigger concerns scouts had about him coming out of college. So his shooting of late is an encouraging sign for the Knicks. It's one of the few positives New York will carry into Thursday's game against Phoenix.

    The Knicks are just 11-30 through the first half of the season, by far the worst record of any team Barrett's played on.

    "I've been trying to learn a lot. Know the business. Trying to learn the game as much as I can," Barrett said on Wednesday when asked about the losing. "Hopefully this team keeps growing and I can be a piece to a winning team."

  12. #42
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Gaines is a joke. He still says Ntilikina is going to be something despite his obvious flaws. If he was so good he would still have his job with the Knicks and not out of the league for all those years after the Bulls let him go.
    If Gaines is a joke. Then who in Knicks organization is better?? I think you need to rethink that statement about Gaines because considering the sad state of affairs that we are currently in with the Knicks. Now unless you are on board with Mills/Perry/Robinson and all the moves they made for this team. If they are better then why are we worst team in the league? Please just tell me what you know. Who is more transformative as a player KP at #4 or RJ at #3? Maybe that comparison will open your eyes.

    As usual there be no reply back to the questions. Why can't you guys just answer the tough questions. All you do is run away and hide. BTW, I didn't draft RJ(never would) so don't get mad with me for all of his flaws. You should've seen them and told me but you don't see any, DO YOU!!

  13. #43
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    WAKE UP CALL!!
    We are 11-30 as a team. Every player and coach should be putting in extra time. I'm quite should there are more than just one favorite that is staying late. When you have been given so much(not earned) you should be putting in the time. Don't break your arm patting him on the back for something he should be doing. Make it seen like he doing something special. Well he isn't!!

    BTW, it isn't the FT that the main problem. Notice there is nothing about DEFENSE!! WHY?? Because it about the number of points he score(especially in garbage time). Anything to make Mills/Perry look like geniuses for drafting him. Not one bit of info on his lapses in defense. Not one bit of stat about how he loses his man constantly is stated.

    Look at the damn game and pay attention. There are two end of the court and they both count.

  14. #44
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,630
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    “Shallow men judge merit by noise.”

  15. #45
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Agreed!! Merit mean you deserve something. 'Not Given' there a different. Ex. Given a starting position and not earn on MERIT. Where is the merit to judge?? "Is the men that judge still Shallow"? Cancel out your point you are making.

    Try this on for size "Blind men never ever see the light".

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2019, 18:15
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2019, 16:33
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2018, 09:34
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2017, 19:11
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2017, 17:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •