Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12th man

Default Game thread: New York Knicks vs Phoenix 7:30 1/16/2020 [Game #42]

MM and Nits back. Let's go Knicks.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 16, 2020 at 20:00.

12th man

We missed MM. Makes the first shot, a 3, he takes. RJ 2 fouls comes out 7 mins left in the 1st. Kid still has the tendency to force shots esp on his drives.

12th man

Bullock not available, wearing a sport jacket on the bench. Oubre out under concussion protocol for the Suns.

12th man

Good first bad second. Knicks down 58-52 at the half.

12th man

RJ demonstrates he's an iron man, twisted an ankle but tried to stay in to shoot his FTs but succumbed to his limp and comes out. Looked like a pretty bad sprain the way this ankle bent when he landed so I'd expect he misses some time.

12th man

Nits no court awareness, looking to me to have plenty of time to avoid the charge against Baynes. Guy is not a starting NBA PG if he can't push the pace like even a 2nd tier PG like Kadeem can, can't shoot or drive the basket very well.

With no RJ and with MRob in a series funk, thereís really nothing worth watching. Nobody even tries in defense. Rubio abusing Dotson... I feel for the dude. Heís just an awful shooter too. Brick house.

Randle forces turnover on himself in the paint.... tough to watch. MM not concentrating and bricking FTs.

Offense consists of 1 pass and then dude chucks it or goes ISO. Instead of working for a good shot, teams just takes first open look defense gives them... usually with like 15 seconds left on clock.

With Dolan, Perry, Mills and this weak draft class.... this is not turning around anytime soon.

12th man

Hate to pick on Nits, but he’s wide open for the 3 but passes up the shot to another guy that doesn’t have a better shot than he had.

Then misses a 3 about a minute later so you know why he didn’t take the previous 3 and misses an easy basket under the basket for a 1-7 night so far.

How about softie Knox. He wants to play PF... but he canít even post up Rubio successfully.

Dotson plays 26 minutes and has 6 points and 0 assists and awful on defense. Knox and Knits canít hit a shot. Trier doesnít play. MRob reverting back to is inconsistent, non-impactful ways.

After 4 high lottery picks... we still ground zero of rebuilding. What a disaster.

Night like tonight reinforces why you get what you can for anybody. Morris included.

12th man

13 pts in the 4th, the gang that can’t shoot without RJ and Bullock and even with them sometimes have terrible shooting nights. Not sure what direction the Knicks go in either deciding to trade a guy like MM for assets and tank the season or to salvage the season by trading for a guy like Jeff Teague with one of those team option contracts they have.

Knicks need to do something but given how inept this front office is, wouldn’t surprise me if they sit on their hands for the rest of the season.

Knicks need to trade Morris and Randle and Bullock and EP and TAJ and Portis....

Then, shorten rotation to mainly just the kids: hereís my top 8...

DSJ, Trier, Frank,
    RJ, Dotson
    MRob, Wooten, Knox

Tell them to fight for their roster spot next season, and I am using this to evaluate. Whatever vets we canít trade, then they can be our reserves...

Randle and Frank or DSJ for Drummond is where I start. Then I get assets for Morris and Portis. I see if I can use MRob to get KAT... MRob and our first this season and Knox and Frank is my offer...

Drummond
    Kat
    RJ
    Re-sign Morris
    Find a PG

This is a 2020-2021 NBA roster. Ah, we enter the dream season... happens often in JAN for NYK fans.

12th man

Halfway mark results, not winning many games when you
    can’t defend or score.

Record: 11-30

Net rating: -8.3 (27th in the NBA)
    Point differential: -8.4 (27th)
    Offensive rating: 104.7 (27th)
    Defensive rating: 113.0 (27th)
    Pace: 99.9 (17th)

Veteran

I think weíre kind of cooked. Front office standing pat with this roster would be a huge mistake. We are years away from relevance. Even a handful of extra 2nd round picks would give this franchise some options going forward.

Veteran

if u take the best talent from each of our guards, n roll it into one guard, he would still suck... not including rj in this group...

Veteran

Sounds like itís was an all around awful game I give you guys props hanging in and watching. I hope RJ has a mild injury...At least Dumb Raider and Kiya got their wish: more Frank, Dot, Trier and crew. Predictable bad results followed. Meanwhile around the association the Pels Brandon Ingram has 49 points and Zion poised to comeback... what did we do to piss of the hoops gods again?