Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:30 1/18/2020 [Game #43]

Kiyaman

Legend
That's it .. Randle-Handle has to be traded ASAP .. or Randle has to be taken out of the final 3 minute closer lineup.
Randle-Handle is not a CLOSER! I would rather have Gibson or Portis replace Randle in the final closing minute of a game.
We loss to many damn close games having Randle's bumbling performance on the court the final 5 minute of the game.

mafra

Legend
Bench scored just 18 points (7-25 shooting, and I think 6 of those makes in first half). At home, you need more from your bench.

For PHI, F.Korkmaz had 17 off the bench all by himself.

Sure, the starters almost overcame this lackluster effort from our young reserves, but Randle fumbled our last chance away.

11-18 from FT line didn?t help.

Dotson and Ellington DNP bc they are shooting guards that can?t shoot. I think Dot at 30% from downtown. Awful.

Trading your lottery pick from last year to dump a player you signed last year, not making a butt ton, is the height of stupidity. Whoever would
Suggest a thing loses all credibility.

mafra

Legend
John Smeelk with tweet of the night:

?I gotta be honest. I just dont have any motivation to tweet analysis during these Knicks games anymore. We know what this group is, what the problems are, etc. Watching Payton, Bullock, Randle, Morris, Portis, Gibson play these minutes does nothing for me. Zero. Just a waste.?

tiger0330

Legend
John Smeelk with tweet of the night:

“I gotta be honest. I just dont have any motivation to tweet analysis during these Knicks games anymore. We know what this group is, what the problems are, etc. Watching Payton, Bullock, Randle, Morris, Portis, Gibson play these minutes does nothing for me. Zero. Just a waste.”
Missed the game but I feel the same, losing interest in the guys esp with RJ out. Feb 6 is the trade deadline and I said if we're playing .200 ball by then I would be writing off the season dealing or buying out contracts of the the vets we acquired, go full tank mode and play and develop the young guys. We have 9 games until the deadline and would have to go 5-4 to play .300 ball so odds are our record won't be much better than when we fired Fizdale, let's see if Mills and Perry have enough brains to do the obvious.

tiger0330

Legend
If you really want Randle gown then offer RJ and I bet someone will take it, huh.

Bench scored just 18 points (7-25 shooting, and I think 6 of those makes in first half). At home, you need more from your bench.

Sure, the starters almost overcame this lackluster effort from our young reserves, but Randle fumbled our last chance away.

11-18 from FT line didn’t help.

Dotson and Ellington DNP bc they are shooting guards that can’t shoot. I think Dot at 30% from downtown. Awful.

Trading your lottery pick from last year to dump a player you signed last year, not making a butt ton, is the height of stupidity. Whoever would
I'd offer that to MN, JR RJ, and throw in a first for KAT. KAT came out and said the rumors he wants out of MN are nonsense but I think he'd love coming back to play for the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Missed the game but I feel the same, losing interest in the guys esp with RJ out. Feb 6 is the trade deadline and I said if we're playing .200 ball by then I would be writing off the season dealing or buying out contracts of the the vets we acquired, go full tank mode and play and develop the young guys. We have 9 games until the deadline and would have to go 5-4 to play .300 ball so odds are our record won't be much better than when we fired Fizdale, let's see if Mills and Perry have enough brains to do the obvious.

4-18 under Fiz
7-14 under Miller

Where are those 2 buffoons? Perry and Mills? If we judge season on 10-game increments.... is this progress? No! Why? Bc the guys buying the groceries are giving us spoiled crapola and expecting a HC to make a gourmet meal out of this trash.

Cant draft
Can?t attract free agents
Can?t find gems on trade front
Can?t even trade vets for picks or absorb contracts for assets

Sure, our coaches can?t develop... too busy playing worthless journeymen in some vein hope of stealing a win every so often.... but, this run of Isaiah-Walsh-Grunfeld-Jax-Perry (all under watchful eye of Dolan and Mills) is some historic management malfeasance unprecedented in North American sports and Western Civilization business sense

Oi vey!

Last edited:
I’d give Randle, RJ and MRob for KAT!

Excuse me but in a previous post in this thread you said "Trading your lottery pick from last year to dump a player you signed last year, not making a butt ton, is the height of stupidity. Whoever would
Suggest a thing loses all credibility".

Now you will trade the same players I SUGGESTED(which is stupidity-- so you say) for KAT. Talking about losing CREDIBILITY!! SIR, DO YOU HAVE ANY SHAME!!!

mafra

Legend
For those who failed Logic.... a trade that brings back KAT isn?t the same as a trade done where you attach an asset to shed a bad contract. That?s your PSA for the day, thank you.

Oh, and in the Trade Deadline thread, I already posted RJ/MRob for KAT even before the other aforementioned flippant remark.

I think we could offer RJ, MRob, and both Dallas 1st round picks and Minny would still say no to trading us KAT.

Kiyaman

Legend

11-18 from FT line didn’t help.

Dotson and Ellington DNP bc they are shooting guards that can’t shoot. I think Dot at 30% from downtown. Awful.

The Bench scoring was low but their hustle energy kept us in the mix of the game.
Coach Miller not having any offensive plays for the starters or the bench lineup showed how under develop the Knicks are on offense.
Payton only receive decent picks and screens from Gibson to keep the Knicks scoring in the game.
Trier looked lost and confused on every offensive possession having Portis or Randle not moving on the perimeter acting like postup SG, and Frank looked upset every time he brang the ball-up to the half-court line having Portis or Randle begging for the ball to do nothing with the ball when they received it.
Portis & Randle need to be BENCH until they learn how to set a decent pick or set a decent screen for their teammates.
The two PF Randle/Portis are USELESS on offense/defense !!!
Taj Gibson need to be on the court in the final 6 minute of each game at his natural position PF !!!
The best way to develop the 2nd season center MitchRob and SF Knox, and PG Frank are to have the three young players in a lineup having Taj Gibson at the PF, and brick shooting Bullock's 2-Way performance as the SG in the lineup.

The Timberwolves GM & coaching-staff are Blind like the Pelicans GM and head-coach Gentry when AD kept telling them his athletic skills are in the top-3 NBA PF.
Kat athletic skills belong at the 4 spot, Kat are NOT ready to be a team Center !!!
The Knicks going after Kat to put Kat in a front-court lineup of MitchRob, Kat and Morris would be the start of the Knicks becoming a winning team.

tiger0330

Legend
Entertaining game as Kenny and Clyde said. Going to blame MM for that critical turnover, why is he passing it to JR when he was doubled on the sideline of all places, should have tossed it to MRob who was a couple of feet away. Bench esp Portia and Nits were terrible a couple of more shots made by them and the Knicks could have sealed the win. Clyde said of Nits "he can't make a shot" didn't I comment something like that last game about him. I hope the Knicks go full tank mode and install Nits as the starter and prove to themselves that he's not a starting NBA PG, most scouts think he'll never amount to more than a backup anyway.

paris401

Starter
I hope the Knicks go full tank mode and install Nits as the starter and prove to themselves that he's not a starting NBA PG, most scouts think he'll never amount to more than a backup anyway.

yes it has been a while since the knicks have picked a winner , a real stud in the draft... i think u gotta go back lots of years to find one..

tiger0330

Legend
yes it has been a while since the knicks have picked a winner , a real stud in the draft... i think u gotta go back lots of years to find one..
RJ might be that guy. Reminds me of DeRozan, though I think he’ll be a better 3 pt shooter, I’m like Breen, I love the kids maturity, both mental and physical. The kid also has heart, he hated to come out of the game after he turned his ankle. Durability is an under rated asset, I hope he’s like Harden and Lebron and not Porzingis. I’m hoping he’s back soon.

Kiyaman

Legend

There you have it .. when the Knicks get a decent coaching-staff having the same-page PLAN to coach several ball-movement plays into the offense for 2 points, rather than 3-ball shooting on every other offensive possession.

When Coach Miller started off his first 11 games coaching the Knicks as a coach having a plan to improve the players performance as a team on both sides of the court having a 6-5 record. I was amazed and happy for coach Miller. What happen?
The Knicks went back to Fizdale tank-tank coaching the past 10 Knick games having a 2-8 record.
The Knicks 2-8 record show the veteran Knicks are shooting the 3-ball on every other offensive possession, rather than work on running ball-movement plays with the young-core players for a open 2 pt shot. The coach and the veteran players performance has been the Knicks biggest LOSERS!!!

I'm watching Knick players running on a fast break actually stop at the 3-ball line to shoot rather than keep running a few more feet to get a quick two, and probably a foul. And interim head-coach Miller agrees with the players decision-making on a fast break.