Game thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 5:00 1/20/2020 [Game #41]

Kiyaman

Legend
Payton had a very good game, he ran pace and was aggressive, he's been a good example of a PG for the team.
Morris and Randle were solid by showing the Cavs they are a tough combo to guard.
Bullock and Dotson were instant offense that looked great.
MitchRob involvement on defense were great, his offense were a little disappointing.
Taj Gibson gave us a solid dynamic winning energy on the court.
Frank's new head band performance put a LOCK on Cavs Sexton & Garland.
Would like to see more DIMES from the veteran staring five other than just Payton.
It was a good win over a non playoff team which we need a lot of the remainder of the season.
We need to be AWARE and very skeptical bout the Mills/Perry decision making before the February deadline .. the two has shown no interest in the growth or development of the young-core players, or the Knicks team in the past three seasons.

mafra

Legend
SNY NBA Insider Ian Begley is joined by NBA trainer Shawn Farmer to break down the strengths and weaknesses of Knicks rookie RJ Barrett's jumpshot. Farmer has trained current Knicks guard Dennis Smith Jr. and other top talent coming out of the state of North Carolina.

One of the main talking points about Barrett's game is his jumpshot. He is averaging 39.3 percent from the field so far this season, and 32.9 percent from beyond the arc.

"Mechanically, I'm seeing that he's not squared up on every shot," Farmer explained. "His lead foot is slightly ahead of his trail foot."

Farmer added that Barrett also needs to work on getting his shoulders and hips squared and keeping his head stationary.

Getting Barrett to have a more consistent jumper over time is a definite area the Knicks will need to help him work on, and Farmer has some suggestions on how he'll do that. But he also discusses what he likes when Barrett pulls up.

Farmer also talks about why he believes Barrett's shooting abilities can be compared to that of future Hall of Famer Dwyane Wade.

??-

In 5 years, nobody is gonna act like NYK took
Sam Bowie over MJ. Trust me.

tiger0330

Legend
Payton had a very good game, he ran pace and was aggressive, he's been a good example of a PG for the team.
Morris and Randle were solid by showing the Cavs they are a tough combo to guard.
Bullock and Dotson were instant offense that looked great.
MitchRob involvement on defense were great, his offense were a little disappointing.
Taj Gibson gave us a solid dynamic winning energy on the court.
Frank's new head band performance put a LOCK on Cavs Sexton & Garland.
Would like to see more DIMES from the veteran staring five other than just Payton.
It was a good win over a non playoff team which we need a lot of the remainder of the season.
We need to be AWARE and very skeptical bout the Mills/Perry decision making before the February deadline .. the two has shown no interest in the growth or development of the young-core players, or the Knicks team in the past three seasons.
Those guys looked like midgets compared to Nits. One of the reasons you have to keep him at PG I guess, putting him at the 2 and you take away that size advantage. I doubt he has a breakthrough in shooting this year so maybe he improves next year.

The Bullets didn't have to wait 5 years for there #2 pick to move them from last to 1st in the league. So why do we have to wait??

That was only one aspect of the game there is also defense which again nobody wants to talk about. How do you think he was staying in so many games playing 35 - 40 minutes. He wasn't playing any defense and the coach wasn't saying anything about it. You pull his butt out of the game and sit him at the far end of the bench.

Bowie problem wasn't performance it was what some big men experience. Leg's and feet are sometime the root problem of their health issues. Portland made the right choice because you can't teach height. Never know about health issue.

mafra

Legend
Which is why Gaines looks foolish now recommending KP over Booker... a major miss.

NyK could?ve had Mitchell-Booker backcourt, but Gaines and Phil went all Euro on us. Fail!

Sorry, I must have miss something.

What does Phil and Gaines have to do with previous post? I don't understand where you are going with the above post(Gaines, Phil, KP, Booker and Mitchell).