Game thread: New York Knicks vs LA Lakers 7:30 1/22/2020 [Game #45]

tiger0330

Legend
Dunn and Porter were in the 2018 draft class.... Just like I called BS when Embiid won ROY.... To me, a 25 year old who played in G-league last season isn’t a rookie. Porter spent all last season in DEN, getting professional training an everything... a taste of NBA life.

It’s what you are using to evaluate and measure.... are all things equal? Who are they sharing court with, what systems? What are they being asked to do

Did you read what Wade said about position switch? RJ went through camp and on cusp of season, Fiz decided out of blue to start kid at PG.

And, who exactly has “earned” playing time for NY? Don’t the all kind of leave us wanting something more?

We are in rebuilding mode, right? So the priority should be building for the future. So, yeah, your high lottery pick is getting special treatment. The goal is to get this kid playing like an All Star down the road... reaching his potential.

Frank? EP? DSJ? Bullock? Dotson? Who exactly is being slighted, whose play on the court warrants them playing time over RJ? And, we have to remember, we aren’t at practice... we don’t see who is proving themselves day in and day out with their work in practice.

I believe now we ride Bullock (to showcase for trade) and Dotson (to see if we are re-signing him).... but if RJ was being benched for a SG hitting 30% of their 3s, or a vet who hasn’t played all season... then we would be calling for the HC’s head.

And what about Bullocks career numbers??? RJ hasn’t even played a full season so the sample size is too small. And that goes for all the Rookies. The key is RJ is trending up, or was before his injury. I know it’s the Knicks so we eat our own because the franchise still sucks. Doesn’t matter If it’s it’s Melo, or Eddy Curry or “Crawful”(Jamal Crawford), or Starbury. I am one of the few posters left to survive the “Starbury Wars”. So now RJ is KO.Com’s latest whipping boy because he was the 3rd overall pick he’s RJ not MJ. That’s an unrealistic expectation. So I will hold to hope that RJ turns out. Bullock is my whipping boy because he obviously spends more time getting his wig braided and colored than he does working on his broke jumper on chief.
Bullock is coming off an injury so it’s not unexpected he might be off to a slow start but his career shooting numbers are better than our best player MM. And if you watched the 1st Qtr of the Lakers game, Breen said Bullock was growing on him and he asked Clyde what did he think of Reggie, Clyde said he’s a good defender, Breen responds “There you go when Clyde says he’s a good defender, he doesn’t say that often about anyone” , says all I need to know about whether Reggie can defend.

Bullock

.387 3pt%
.546 efg%
.564 ts%

Morris

.369 3pt%
.504 efg%
.536 ts%

mafra

Legend
With RJ in his DEC funk, and with Bullock returning from injury.... it made complete sense doing the lineup switch.... but then RJcaught fire and Bullock was slow to get his legs back.

I prefer starting EP, Bullock, MM, Randle and Taj... so I can have my kids building chemistry together in the second unit, battling the opponent?s reserves....

Frank, Dotson, RJ, Knox and MRob.... almost give them each a quarter and base second half playing time on first half production and matchups.

tiger0330

Legend
Dunn and Porter were in the 2018 draft class.... Just like I called BS when Embiid won ROY.... To me, a 25 year old who played in G-league last season isn?t a rookie. Porter spent all last season in DEN, getting professional training an everything... a taste of NBA life.

It?s what you are using to evaluate and measure.... are all things equal? Who are they sharing court with, what systems? What are they being asked to do

Did you read what Wade said about position switch? RJ went through camp and on cusp of season, Fiz decided out of blue to start kid at PG.

And, who exactly has ?earned? playing time for NY? Don?t the all kind of leave us wanting something more?

We are in rebuilding mode, right? So the priority should be building for the future. So, yeah, your high lottery pick is getting special treatment. The goal is to get this kid playing like an All Star down the road... reaching his potential.

Frank? EP? DSJ? Bullock? Dotson? Who exactly is being slighted, whose play on the court warrants them playing time over RJ? And, we have to remember, we aren?t at practice... we don?t see who is proving themselves day in and day out with their work in practice.

I believe now we ride Bullock (to showcase for trade) and Dotson (to see if we are re-signing him).... but if RJ was being benched for a SG hitting 30% of their 3s, or a vet who hasn?t played all season... then we would be calling for the HC?s head.
I'd prefer to keep Bullock honestly, where do you get that kind of production for what we're paying him.