Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

10 points combined from MRob, Knox, Frank, Trier and DSJ. (Trier and DSJ DNP-CD).

No use watching until after trade deadline. We in full showcase the vet mode.

Just not sure why Randle is in game at end... try Knox or MRob or anything else but JR.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    10 points combined from MRob, Knox, Frank, Trier and DSJ. (Trier and DSJ DNP-CD).

Just not sure why Randle is in game at end... try Knox or MRob or anything else but JR.

Dotson's finally got the green-light to shoot 10 fg shots per game ..
    Which puts young Dotson on the Knick FO trade-table before the deadline.
    Is this the Knicks FO trade-table of players ???
    Dotson 27 min
    Portis 27 min
    Payton 35 min
    Randle-Handle 35 min
    Morris 37 min

I guess Gibson's 12 min of playing-time tonight takes him off the FO trade-table
    Taj Gibson happen to be the best experience CLOSER player (forward) on the Knicks roster.
    I haven't forgot the Bulls winning front-court crunchtime lineup of Noah Deng Taj ..
    Or the Timberwolves crunchtime lineup of KAT Taj Butler

Why Fizdale and Miller dont take Randle out the game the final 7 minutes of each Knick game this season?
    Great question to ask the Knicks FO?
    So far the leadership of Randle-Handle crunch-time performance has the Knicks record at 12-34 .. A .261 3rd worst NBA team.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Lowry catches Randle-Handle's pass to give Randle his 4th turnover in the game

I thought Randle was good. He put up a double double along with 3 blocks and one steal. He turned the ball over 3 times not 4 but other guys had 3 TOs. The starting 5 all had positive +/- so they were competitive with the Raps starters, our 2nd unit weren't posting -11 or worse +/-. The lack of development among the young guys Knox, Nits, MRob, Trier, DSJ is striking, good luck if the Knicks are relying on those guys to be the foundation of our future.

Not to rag on Randle.... but he missed a FT, had about 3 turnovers.... all in final few minutes. He has zero floor awareness with the ball in his hands.... its amazing.

He anticipates well off-ball and has soft hands catching a pass in traffic.... but he is far too careless with the ball in his hands.

He did have one nice bucket (following his own miss)....

Hes a terrific guy to have as a bench piece on a winning team.

Siakum and Vanfleet entered league at 22.... took them 3 seasons to become budding all-Star caliber players....

Why?

Referring to his own young players, including three main cogs who spent time in the G League, Raptors coach Nick Nurse said, Im a firm believer that they need to be playing. Theyve got to play. How do you get any better if youre not playing?

Im a big, big believer that if theyre not getting minutes with the big club that theyve got to go down and play as many minutes as they can down there.

Yet, we have 19/20 year-olds withering on the vine. Give TOR our young guys and theyll develop. Siakum and Vanfleet would prolly suck if they were here.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I thought Randle was good. He put up a double double along with 3 blocks and one steal. He turned the ball over 3 times not 4 but other guys had 3 TOs. The starting 5 all had positive +/- so they were competitive with the Raps starters, our 2nd unit weren't posting -11 or worse +/-. The lack of development among the young guys Knox, Nits, MRob, Trier, DSJ is striking, good luck if the Knicks are relying on those guys to be the foundation of our future.
    I'm not watching another game until those two are traded. They are the ones who have been on the longest leash to improve and they haven't one lick. There isn't anything I like about their game, NOTHING!I hate the fact we drafted them, like what were we thinking?

I said Knox would disappear after the good showing 2 weeks ago. These two literally have the same stats as their previous seasons, 2 and 3yrs respectively.

Absolutely Disgraceful!

12th man

Never saw so much hate for a guy Randle that's our second best scorer and leading rebounder. He's also got a PER that ranks up there with KP, Milsap and Jaren Jackson currently 24th out of 67 PF. He's not making mega bucks either, signing a total contract that has 56M guaranteed. He's been put in the main man role and he's never been and maybe never will be and that's something I was concerned about but he's a decent piece to have.

12th man

Siakum and Vanfleet entered league at 22.... took them 3 seasons to become budding all-Star caliber players....

Why?

Referring to his own young players, including three main cogs who spent time in the G League, Raptors coach Nick Nurse said, “I’m a firm believer that they need to be playing. They’ve got to play. How do you get any better if you’re not playing?

“I’m a big, big believer that if they’re not getting minutes with the big club that they’ve got to go down and play as many minutes as they can down there.”

Yet, we have 19/20 year-olds withering on the vine. Give TOR our young guys and they’ll develop. Siakum and Vanfleet would prolly suck if they were here.
    They were talking about some coach named Jeff Saan who ironically used to work for the Knicks who is in charge of th Raps player development, what struck me was the guy works on a daily basis with Siakam improving his game. Have we ever heard that about Craig Robinson? That he gets out of that business suit and teaches the game to our young players. Secret sauce my butt.

Randle is Ok. I prefer him over KP next 3 years.... Still, for a dude earning 20 mil a year.... is it a lot to ask to stop having people double you and take ball from you?

Randle a lot luke Kanter, in that his negatives are so glaring they diminish his strengths

The main reason I want him gone is bc hes worthless down the stretch of games, hes an awful fit next to MRob, and hes blocking Knox.

We can sign Morris, Bullock and keep Randle and continue to lose 50 games a season.... or we can keep looking for lottery talent until we are on the upward trajectory.

Morris and Randle are ideal bench, rotation players on winning teams.

Nothing against them as men... Randle is Kurt Thomas to me. Im fine if he stays... but I dont think Morris and Randle will allow this roster to develop... they want to be the main options here...
    Last edited by mafra; Jan 24, 2020 at 23:43.

Nurse delved deeper into his player development strategy. It requires patience and risk. It also helps that the Raptors, unlike the Knicks, are often winning.

We try not to evaluate it daily. We say go to work daily but evaluate periodically, Nurse said. We try to have a little bit of a vision of taking it slow. You dont want to throw them into too much, too soon. But you also want to find out once in a while if you give them a chance to play against a first unit team on the road, start a game or do something different.

There wasnt much difference from the Knicks on Friday. They played hard and close, but ultimately lost to a better team. Siakam buried two big shots late with Ntilikina, Knox and Smith Jr. all watching from the bench.

12th man

Randle is Ok. I prefer him over KP next 3 years.... Still, for a dude earning 20 mil a year.... is it a lot to ask to stop having people double you and take ball from you?

Randle a lot luke Kanter, in that his negatives are so glaring they diminish his strengths

The main reason I want him gone is bc he’s worthless down the stretch of games, he’s an awful fit next to MRob, and he’s blocking Knox.

We can sign Morris, Bullock and keep Randle and continue to lose 50 games a season.... or we can keep looking for lottery talent until we are on the upward trajectory.

Morris and Randle are ideal bench, rotation players on winning teams.

Nothing against them as men... Randle is Kurt Thomas to me. I’m fine if he stays... but I don’t think Morris and Randle will allow this roster to develop... they want to be the main options here...
    Interesting that you should say that JR is a poor fit with MRob, yet when we've used a 5 man lineup of MRob JR RJ Payton MM we had a 7-7 record with a slightly positive net rating of .4. I guess you mean the floor spacing isn't ideal with the 2 in the game but if JR could become an avg. 3 pt shooter it would help the spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Interesting that you should say that JR is a poor fit with MRob, yet when we've used a 5 man lineup of MRob JR RJ Payton MM we had a 7-7 record with a slightly positive net rating of .4. I guess you mean the floor spacing isn't ideal with the 2 in the game but if JR could become an avg. 3 pt shooter it would help the spacing.
    Yeah, Im thinking of young Dwight Howard playing with Rashad Lewis in ORL. Thats ideal for Knox and MRob.

Someone criticize Dotson for letting "Siakum free lane to basket" including Clyde. I get it. First of all it was Dotson man!! Secondly it was MM defending Siakum not Dotson. And MM was side by side with Siakum. Dotson release and went to defend his man at the arc. In his defend Raptors were hitting their 3's so he went to defend his man. Which they were kick out passes to arc. Poor defend on MM not Dotson.

If you know BB then know the first thing in defensive is to stay with your man not somebody else man. Don't leave your man and go under the basket to rebound... he at the arc or that create a domino effect with the other team mates. Sound like someone you might know?
    Last edited by Dark Raider; Jan 25, 2020 at 11:30.

Did anyone notice the Lakers bench with McGee, Howard and Cousins. Their interior defend was very good as they change out Centers. Just think we could have had both Howard and Cousins(if you wanted to gamble on a hurt player). Cousins was always my 1st any only choice in F.A. By adding him that would have given us the cornerstone to build around.

MM got picked, ergo why they were side to side. Dot is supposed to present himself and stop the penetration... instead he faked like he was going to get in front of Siakum, then released to cover the perimeter.... this gave Siakum a free run to basket, which he gladly accepted and dunked ball.

MM also said in post game presser that he got no help on those screens late, especially the nail in coffin play afterwards when Siakum drained a three.

If you can call out poor defensive effort on RJ, then you cant excuse a terrible defensive play that cost team the game.

It happens. Dotson was a minus 9 despite his 21 points. He normally defends with effort. He made a poor choice and it hurt his team.

You see, when players get minutes their flaws get exposed.