gt.png

NYK.gif
at.png
CHA.gif

(13-34) -- (15-31)

VenueTVTIME
Spectrum Center, Charlotte, NCMSG7:00 PM EST

Game Preview

The Charlotte Hornets have traveled far and wide looking for another victory. Now they're back home for Tuesday night's game against the New York Knicks, trying to shed an eight-game losing streak.

Charlotte hasn't played since Friday's loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA's first-ever regular-season game in Paris.

The Hornets have returned with many of the same problems that they had before the trip.

"We put ourselves in position to win against probably the best team in the NBA," Hornets coach James Borrego said. "We have to keep fighting and keep putting ourselves in position to win these games."

Meanwhile, the Knicks snapped a two-game slide by winning Sunday night against the Brooklyn Nets. That gave New York a ray of hope during what also has been a season sprinkled with potholes.

"We talk about the same things every single day: How do we get a little bit better?" said Knicks interim coach Mike Miller. "It will keep us (going) in the right direction."

That has been difficult for the Hornets. They've had ongoing difficulty closing out games, sometimes playing well against some of the league's better teams and then crumbling against teams with sub-.500 records.

"This has kind of been our blueprint all year," Borrego said. "We've been in most games. There's a fine line between winning and losing in these games."

The Hornets have had plenty of time to ponder their struggles. They've played only once in a span of more than a week. Charlotte's franchise-worst losing streak is 23 games to end the 2011-12 season when it was known as Bobcats.

"We're not worried about winning or losing streaks right now," Borrego said. "We're worried about development and competing every single night. ... Obviously we don't want to be in that area of losing streaks. Our goal right now is to win a game and ultimately be competitive in player development."

This is one of those situations where the Knicks have questions about point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who has largely been deemed unhappy with his role with the club.

With the game in Charlotte, it's a return to Smith's home state. He also played in college for North Carolina State. He recently has been back in action after missing 13 games with an oblique injury.

"Dennis has been professional," Miller said. "He continues to work on the things he needs to do. ... Now it's just he needs some of the game minutes to get his legs back under him. He needs those minutes to build his stamina back up."

Smith hasn't necessarily eased back into the rotation. Frank Ntilikina and Elfrid Payton have logged time at point guard as well.

"We have confidence in all the guys," Miller said. "They all have different talents and play the same position. So we try to utilize their talents to what they need in the game."

Ntilikina has been going through a shooting slump.

"I think he has had some pretty good looks," Miller said. "I think for the most part he is getting to his spots. He's getting in areas where he needs to be."

The Hornets won the only meeting so far this season by 103-102 on Nov. 16 in New York, then lost their next five games.

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... The Knick players will be lookin to get consistent Knicks Win before the trade dead-line .. in tonight's Game !!!

Thanks, Rady.

All this team can do is keep trying to string decent games together. If all these guys are still here after the deadline, our front office will have really failed this franchise.

tiger0330

Legend
2-3 record last 5, a winnable game tonight. I said if we can go 5-5 in the 10 games before the trade deadline Mills and Perry may opt to keep the team together esp if they can't get a first round pick.

mafra

Legend
Knicks 5-21 from downtown so far... 5-9 from FT line. DSJ, in one possession, throws ball to CHA (guy can?t catch so it goes out of bounds) the. He gets ball off the inbounds and simply throws ball out of bounds (no NYK in vicinity). Miller yanks him immediately.

Then Bullock decides it ain?t worth defending, so he lets a no-name chump drive right thru him, and gives him clear path to run down lane and dunk it.

It?s a 3 point game with 6 left.... I need more effort than that on defense from
A vet

mafra

Legend
CHA blowing this game open now.... Bullock bricks a 3.... Morris tried to draw a fouls and hoists a 3.... Meanwhile, Zeller, Bridges, Martin scoring scoring at will.

Nits a DNP-CD.

2 points from Knox and MRob, 0 from
Dotson in 17 minutes. DSJ looks awful (he has 7 points). Our old friend Willy Hernagomez has 12 points and has outscored all our supposed young lottery picks combined. Not good.

You would think by accident you could draft a serviceable player once a decade, no?

mafra

Legend
84-74 and now Frank appears. Lol. He promptly drills a 3...

Nights like this remind us we are worst team in NBA and are so by a large margin. We are years away....

mafra

Legend
Morris drills a 3... Defender left his feet and jumps at Morris.... foul. 4-point play.... but they overturn it and take away basket. They claim MM kicked his leg out and tripped defender.

Horrible call. If anything, incidental. Replay couldn?t tell if it was a foul or a kick... too close to overturn. You have to stay with call on court. Awful.

Knicks go on a run and trail for 4 with 40 seconds left. Should be a tie game. Awful call.

If it was called the other way, CHA would?ve be granted a 4-point play.
Just awfulz

mafra

Legend
Knicks had 42 second half points... but they scored 18 points the final 3 minutes.... so, they had a grand total of 24 points in the third quarter and first 8 minutes of 4th Q.

Terry Rozier has 30. Methinks we could?ve used Frank tonight over DSJ.

Very hard to find reasons to watch this team. We didn?t play poorly, but we did lose to a team on a long losing streak and we aren?t really playing or developing any of our young guys at this point.

mafra

Legend
Oh yeah 6 points in 28 minutes if I was RJ I wouldn’t be too concerned

Score was like 73-70 CHA.... 4tb Q... Bullock just stood there as his man drove by him for a dunk. Didn?t even attempt to impede progress.
If that were RJ, there might be 5 posts already about his poor effort. Bullock does nothing for me... even bricked his wide open 3 next possession after not playing defense.. nothing of value for a bottom feeder to have Reggie. Trade him for a bag of chips.

tiger0330

Legend
Oh yeah 6 points in 28 minutes if I was RJ I wouldn?’t be too concerned
I spoke too soon, it was more about Bullock playing on a Knicks team that was winning when I thought the boys had the game in hand early. Ugly game losing to a club that lost their previous 8 and not being able to score 100 pts again.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Score was like 73-70 CHA.... 4tb Q... Bullock just stood there as his man drove by him for a dunk. Didn?t even attempt to impede progress.
If that were RJ, there might be 5 posts already about his poor effort. Bullock does nothing for me... even bricked his wide open 3 next possession after not playing defense.. nothing of value for a bottom feeder to have Reggie. Trade him for a bag of chips.

Exactly. I don?t know where the whole Bullock>RJ got started but we need to end that nonsense now.