Game thread: New York Knicks vs Memphis Grizzlies 7:30 1/29/2020 [Game #49]

tiger0330

Legend
Big difference I see between Ja and RJ. Ja doesn't force shots like RJ, saw Ja on multiple drives where he passed rather than going into the teeth of the D where RJ forces a bad shot despite not being the athlete Ja is.

Broadway

All Star
5 quick pts by DSJ after coming back in after Miller benched him for his tech. Good job by him in his showcase. Just occurred to me that maybe they got a deal for Frank and they're holding him out because of injury risk.

I hope so, if I had to say the Pistons deal is still there for us if we want and likely where he?ll land

Charlotte is another possibility...

Could be Pluto for all I care, get him gone already

Broadway

All Star
We were losing plenty with him. Wally made me laugh saying the same thing about Payton, that if he had been available all season who knows what would have been.We're 2-5 last 7 when he's starting.

Perry bringing EP here after 6 seasons of empty calorie play was totally unnecessary and nothing but a stroking of ego

Hurt the teams overall guard develop and proves they?ve had absolutely zero plan here

tiger0330

Legend
Well it's official, let the tank begin. Breen saying it's time to start playing the young guys . Clyde saying get picks for the vets.

mafra

Legend
Big difference I see between Ja and RJ. Ja doesn't force shots like RJ, saw Ja on multiple drives where he passed rather than going into the teeth of the D where RJ forces a bad shot despite not being the athlete Ja is.

JA is a better player. Simple as that. He?s a Knick if we had second pick.

Ja is a PG and RJ really a SF.... It?s like comparing a QB to a RB or a SP to 1B...

Notice how important a PG is for your team... MEM was dead last in pace last season... ranked 30th.... this year, b/c of JA, they are third.

Under a minute,
Down 18...
Crowder steals inbounds and backs out to perimeter and attempts a 3... EP runs over and shoves him down. Not in our house. Lol.

mafra

Legend
Well it's official, let the tank begin. Breen saying it's time to start playing the young guys . Clyde saying get picks for the vets.

Showcasing the vets is making me sick. They clearly aren?t giving us a better chance to win... so we should only be playing the kids and MM/Randle.

EP, Portis, Bullock, Ellington shouldn?t be in the rotation.

Broadway

All Star

Once a team falls double digits behind in the loss column and doesn?t hold a playoff position, this is the likeliest off plan B if there was ever a Plan A to execute and implement sooner than later

Trying to box score watch the W-L column until all mathematical equations are final is literally the dumbest way to manage a basketball team

mafra

Legend
There use to be an old saying "If you lose the game don't lose the fight"!!

Well, not many have the balls Giovanni Giustiniani Longo had. He took 700 buddies and ran outside the walls of Constantinople and attacked an army of 100K Ottomans. He won the fight but lost the war.

EP should?ve went after inbounds with same energy he attacked Crowder. Still, it was a bush league play by MEM and I?m glad we at least have a little pride left.

mafra

Legend
Murant a plus 42 tonight... MEM leads league with points in the paint and dominated paint tonight.

Brooks, their SG, had 27 points...

When asked why no Frank tonight... Miller claimed he was held out bc of a groin issue... felt it a couple days ago.

mafra

Legend
The fans chanted ?Sell the team?? as owner James Dolan left his seat as the melee ensued with Randle and Marcus Morris also getting into the fray. Dolan could be seen shouting at security during the chants, specifically directing them to a vocal teenager.

???-

Our loser billionaire spoiled brat owner irate over a teenager shouting to ?sell the team?... wants security to remove another fan.

We ain?t winning anything until he sells the team. He casts a dark, morose, paranoid cloud over MsG.

mafra

Legend
MM said Crowder is soft, woman-like, and attempting the 3 was unprofessional. Said game is too soft now... can?t even bump a guy anymore... time to quit.

Crowder is a punk for attempting that 3.

Payton pushing him proved nothing after a game where the Knicks seemed barely interested in competing.

Morris using "woman-like" as an insult is a real poor choice in 2020.

All in all, everyone did a great job making themselves look bad.

The fans chanted “Sell the team’’ as owner James Dolan left his seat as the melee ensued with Randle and Marcus Morris also getting into the fray. Dolan could be seen shouting at security during the chants, specifically directing them to a vocal teenager.

———-

Our loser billionaire spoiled brat owner irate over a teenager shouting to “sell the team”... wants security to remove another fan.

We ain’t winning anything until he sells the team. He casts a dark, morose, paranoid cloud over MsG.

This guy, Dolan, man. I hope the whole MSG crowd chants "sell the team" next home game and he ends up watching us lose by 30 sitting alone in the arena after he has security toss everyone else.

tiger0330

Legend
The fans chanted “Sell the team’’ as owner James Dolan left his seat as the melee ensued with Randle and Marcus Morris also getting into the fray. Dolan could be seen shouting at security during the chants, specifically directing them to a vocal teenager.

———-

Our loser billionaire spoiled brat owner irate over a teenager shouting to “sell the team”... wants security to remove another fan.

We ain’t winning anything until he sells the team. He casts a dark, morose, paranoid cloud over MsG.
What is wrong with Dolan. Had to be hundreds of fans chanting Sell the Team, and he picks on some poor kid for yelling it. Why does he even sit among the fans, it would be like a guy going to a Trump rally and holding up a Dump Trump sign and not expecting that some Trumper is going tear him a new one for holding it up.

Broadway

All Star
Crowder is a punk for attempting that 3.

Payton pushing him proved nothing after a game where the Knicks seemed barely interested in competing.

Morris using "woman-like" as an insult is a real poor choice in 2020.

All in all, everyone did a great job making themselves look bad.

Agreed Payton and Morris are really disappointing. I get so tired of our players showing how fake tough they are when they're getting embarrassed. The time to show this is in the thick of the battle to prevent such outcomes. It's like Melo and Mardy Collins all over again and how long ago did that happen? Some thing never change in this organization no matter who we bring in

Especially after the Kansas/Kansas State debacle like why do this on your court? Let Crowder look like the butt-hole he was!

I HATE THIS TEAM!

Broadway

All Star
What is wrong with Dolan. Had to be hundreds of fans chanting Sell the Team, and he picks on some poor kid for yelling it. Why does he even sit among the fans, it would be like a guy going to a Trump rally and holding up a Dump Trump sign and not expecting that some Trumper is going tear him a new one for holding it up.

Watch a trade go down within the next 72hrs to distract from the horrible season we're having, no doubt in my mind Mills and Perry are skating on thin ice

tiger0330

Legend
Watch a trade go down within the next 72hrs to distract from the horrible season we're having, no doubt in my mind Mills and Perry are skating on thin ice
That's twice Dolan's been embarrassed at MSG, the first time he sends out Mills to apologize to fans. Yesterday was icing on the cake, if he had any doubts about firing Mills and Perry they vanished yesterday. Let's see what the Two Stooges can do, we've only made 3 trades since the 2017-18 season so I'm skeptical they pull anything off.

JA is a better player. Simple as that. He?s a Knick if we had second pick.

Ja is a PG and RJ really a SF.... It?s like comparing a QB to a RB or a SP to 1B...

Notice how important a PG is for your team... MEM was dead last in pace last season... ranked 30th.... this year, b/c of JA, they are third.

Under a minute,
Down 18...
Crowder steals inbounds and backs out to perimeter and attempts a 3... EP runs over and shoves him down. Not in our house. Lol.

Sorry but RJ was a PG and he was SG and now he is a SF. As you know he is playing the SG because that is the only position that the FO can hide him. Your comparison example doesn't fit in this case.

Notice how important it is to realize that RJ wasn't the player to draft for this team. Also JA moved the needle for Memphis. That move the needle sounds familiar doesn't it.

Notice how the drop off of talent between JA and RJ. Moving the needle. I know you don't like it just reread your own post. You have dug in on a mistake that isn't of your doing. Maybe now you and other can see that it moves like this that hurt the growth. At the end of the day look at where we are today and this time last year. If you see a great different like JA has done PLEASE show it to me!!