Game thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 2/1/2020

mafra

Legend
We hold for last shot of third Q but Dotson and Morris can?t get shot off.
We up 1 after 3. I predict another double digit loss.

DSJ takes advantage of the mismatch and knocks down a nice jumper in the 4th. Inexplicably though, it is his 1st FG of this game he started. The bar for starting PGs for this team is so low you couldn?t crawl under it and still DSJ underwhelms.

Marcus Morris has taken a legitimate star turn this season. Put the team on his back for the win tonight. Every team in the league looking to make a legitimate run in the postseason should be on the phone with our stupid front office seeing what it would take to get Morris as a 3 month rental.

On the flip side, if we had any hopes of building a real NBA backcourt in free agency, Morris and Randle as your 3 and 4 would be a reasonable investment going forward.

As long as we are still rolling out our usual garbage backcourts, I don?t see the point in locking up big long-term money in the 30-year-old Morris in this coming free agency period.

Kiyaman

Legend
Give DSJ the Game-Ball for his relentless hustle on both sides of the court.
Nice Knicks Win .. by never giving the Pacers the controlling lead !!!

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ takes advantage of the mismatch and knocks down a nice jumper in the 4th. Inexplicably though, it is his 1st FG of this game he started. The bar for starting PGs for this team is so low you couldn’t crawl under it and still DSJ underwhelms.

Give DSJ the Game-Ball for his relentless hustle on both sides of the court.
Nice Knicks Win .. by never giving the Pacers the controlling lead !!!
Wally thought Miller would let Kadeem finish the game. Said it in my prior post that how can you play DSJ ahead of a two way GLeaguer, Instill think that. 2-9 -3 +/- does not deserve a game ball. I wish we could trade him but he's got no value, I've seen guys promoted from the GLeague better than him this season.

How do you let Mudiay walk?

Did anyone notice how Randle handled the ball in the last few seconds of the game. Same as last game. He hasn't learn to play 48 minutes.

mafra

Legend
Randle nearly had yet another brutal turnover late... ball bounced right way for us and he found open man under the hoop.

Morris closed the game but DSJ prevented Indy from taking the lead, knocking down some buckets and running the offense.
He looked decent tonight, for once.

Indy is the 5th seed, 34-18 or something, and we were in the road. Regardless of how it happened, it was a nice win. Sure, we won bc VO rusty and they seemed out of sorts a bit.

I?m fine giving MM a 3/50 type of deal... but I wouldn?t go crazy. We ain?t ready to win, so who cares if we win 22 or 28 games.

It?s a catch-22 tho.... do you sign MM and block RJ and Knox some? Or do you see value in him being that safety valve for the offense? Takes pressure off the kids?

I live in fear of being forced to endure Ball, Frank, RJ, Randle, MRob try to score 80 points next season.

Broadway

All Star
Wally thought Miller would let Kadeem finish the game. Said it in my prior post that how can you play DSJ ahead of a two way GLeaguer, Instill think that. 2-9 -3 +/- does not deserve a game ball. I wish we could trade him but he's got no value, I've seen guys promoted from the GLeague better than him this season.

Wally is nothing but a lacky and company man. I pay zero attention to him, and Hahn too. Their takes are always cooked up for a Knick base, with that being said...

Agreed I don't see DSJ here much longer along with a few others. To be honest none of our young players are good except RJ and probably Robinson(who still isn't a starter) so this isn't exclusive to any singular player. Some have been given a chance to prove their value and they're awful such as Knox. Trier can't even get consistent minutes

I have no idea why we still have Phil's guys here, none at all. I think Payton and all the starters against the Jazz we double digit - +/-. We don't have a point guard. We need to do everything possible to secure one this offseason

Not that we needed to win to help the rebuild cause but I remember days fans would justify Wins like this tonight against a quality team

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
How do you let Mudiay walk?

Did anyone notice how Randle handled the ball in the last few seconds of the game. Same as last game. He hasn't learn to play 48 minutes.

I think this fan base hated him more than any other guard we've ever had, no lie. PG should be our #1 priority to address sooner than later if possible

mafra

Legend
Yeah, it?s like D-Rose said... with Mills selling the all black brain trust, trying to foster an artificial sense of camaraderie, but not remaining loyal and being true to his own word... swapping Mudiay for Payton was the beginning of the end for Fizdale.

The biggest indictment on Fiz?s development skills is that they gave up on Mudiay so quickly when he was the initial pet project. They didn?t jettison Mudiay for
Frank... So it was Perry?s ego to bring in a reclamation, his own failed lottery pick, and make the lateral move. Wasted a year investment and undermined the HC in front of his players.

First Rose, then Mudiay... o where is Langston?

Anyway... DSJ played 27 minutes and posted a 6:2 assist to turnover ratio. He hit 2 baskets at a critical point to stabilize game in the fourth. Defensive effort was there, he played within himself. Hopefully he can build on this.

It?s a start...

mafra

Legend
? Speaking of defense, this is the sixth time in the last eight games the Knicks have held their opponent to 100 or fewer points. Even with some blips on the radar, New York has the fourth ranked defense in the NBA over that stretch. Regardless of who remains on the roster after Thursday's deadline, that has to be considered a good sign.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, it?s like D-Rose said... with Mills selling the all black brain trust, trying to foster an artificial sense of camaraderie, but not remaining loyal and being true to his own word... swapping Mudiay for Payton was the beginning of the end for Fizdale.

The biggest indictment on Fiz?s development skills is that they gave up on Mudiay so quickly when he was the initial pet project. They didn?t jettison Mudiay for
Frank... So it was Perry?s ego to bring in a reclamation, his own failed lottery pick, and make the lateral move. Wasted a year investment and undermined the HC in front of his players.

First Rose, then Mudiay... o where is Langston?

Anyway... DSJ played 27 minutes and posted a 6:2 assist to turnover ratio. He hit 2 baskets at a critical point to stabilize game in the fourth. Defensive effort was there, he played within himself. Hopefully he can build on this.

It?s a start...

The Knicks clueless FO never should've made the trade for Mudiay on the Feb. trading deadline.
The Denver Nuggets were a 40 win season team having Mudiay as a 17 min backup PG.
The Knicks did not need a 17 min backup PG Mudiay .. the Knicks had Jarrett Jack and rookie Frank to run the point.
Trading for Mudiay were a stupid decision-making that ended in having a 17 win season.

The Knicks clueless FO never should've made the trade for Mudiay on the Feb. trading deadline.
The Denver Nuggets were a 40 win season team having Mudiay as a 17 min backup PG.
The Knicks did not need a 17 min backup PG Mudiay .. the Knicks had Jarrett Jack and rookie Frank to run the point.
Trading for Mudiay were a stupid decision-making that ended in having a 17 win season.

I think it was Broadway that said the Knicks base hated Mudiay.
Now I don't quite understand way because to me Mudiay ran the PG very well. Consider this that FO let Micheal Beasley go with nobody to get him a basket if need. Plus a mentor Knox. FO want this team to lose so it lost game and everybody blames Mudiay. Look at what he did with any help. Let also remember that Mudiay was working on getting himself on the right track. Mudiay avg more than 17 minutes for the Knicks so he service his purpose.

If you got a problem the above mention of Jarrett Jack should chap your butt. A journeyman to mentor Frank when you could have kept D. Rose a former MVP PG. Now if you want to talk about stupid decision they don't get any worst than not signing both Rose and Beasley. BTW, both wanted to stay at the Knicks just Kanter and Kornet and Trey Burks.

tiger0330

Legend
Probably the right business decision not to re-sign DRose, remember he injured his knee the last month he was with the Knicks.

You never want to sign players with the history of injuries DRose had esp coming off one. The time to sign him was in FA when he left MN.

The time to resign Rose was the year he left NY for Cleveland and signed a vet-miminium. I agree you never sign players with a history of injuries.