Game thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 2/1/2020

Let?s be honest here, DSJ stinks and will either turn the ball over 10 times, shoot 0 for 12, or just keep picking up quick fouls so he barely plays.

mafra

Legend
Knicks 8-18 from the floor. Should be up 20 but we can?t make a shot.... stupid stuff too... like Indy misses a FT and 2 Knicks collide and knock rebound out of bounds...

Fortunately, Indy shooting like 20%...

DSJ looked OK. Made the right plays... missed a nice drive, would?ve had an assist but Randle missed shot. He did have 1 foolish turnover. You see the athleticism... body language looks better.

Randle with 7-9-1-1 after 1Q.

24-11 Knicks.

Like I said, tho, score should be 36-11. We all know we will kick ourselves come 4th Q.

We lead 24 to 11 after the 1st quarter. My take is more that Indy is playing atrocious rather than we are playing all that well.

mafra

Legend
Indy just got away with the worst charge/push-off you?ll ever see. Poor Kadeem... Wow. Naturally, Indy ends up shooting FTs.

tiger0330

Legend
Indy just got away with the worst charge/push-off you’ll ever see. Poor Kadeem... Wow. Naturally, Indy ends up shooting FTs.
I'm not usually for using your challenge so early but I would have used it there. McConnell sticks out his arm and knocks Kadeem to the floor, how did the refs miss ir?

mafra

Legend
35-17 is suddenly 37-28... In a blink of an eye.

Knox is 1-6... missing wide open looks badly. Rest of Bench is 5-7

mafra

Legend
Dotson swishes 2 big 3s.... to drive lead back up to double digits.... need to finish the half strong.

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ catches a lot of the rim for his first freebie and bricks his second. The guy just can't shoot, not even freebies.50-39 half-time lead by the boys. Pacers ice cold 0-8 on 3s 50% ,Fts.

mafra

Legend
Keep Dotson, trade DSJ. DD with unlimited range, DSJ can't hit 16 fters.

Indy 0-8 from downtown in the first half... Oladipo is the cautionary tale.... Took the kid a long time to become an All Star. ORL to OKC to INDY... found his spot and became an viable Starting PG for Indy.

I guarantee if we send Frank, Knox and DSJ away... somebody will develop 1 of these cats. There are things they do well.... they just not developing here. Gee, I wonder why.

DSJ is still just 22.... Oladipo became a good player around 24 or 25, after a few NBA seasons....

Knicks should be playing all these kids and seeing what happens. Not like they have much talent.... so not like we have other guys to play.

We need to stop signing vets to short term deals and just using them to try and win 30 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time Score .. Knicks 50 - Pacers 39

DSJ's pass-first game had the Knicks holding the lead throughout the first half .... Lets not get to excited the Pacers let the Bulls hold the lead all the way down to the final buzzer when Olydipo 3-Ball tied the game, Pacers won in OT

Indy 0-8 from downtown in the first half... Oladipo is the cautionary tale.... Took the kid a long time to become an All Star. ORL to OKC to INDY... found his spot and became an viable Starting PG for Indy.

I guarantee if we send Frank, Knox and DSJ away... somebody will develop 1 of these cats. There are things they do well.... they just not developing here. Gee, I wonder why.

Ntilikina likely to find a solid role on a better run team. Knox unlikely to be anything more than a bench spot scorer in my mind.

DSJ is garbage. I didn?t like him at all when Dallas drafted him. Tried to give him a chance here when we were stupid enough to trade for him. Now, I hate him more than ever. He just looks lazy and not engaged. He hasn?t even tried to fight for a job. No fire. No real skill. Not the explosive athlete he was even 2 years ago.

mafra

Legend
Ntilikina likely to find a solid role on a better run team. Knox unlikely to be anything more than a bench spot scorer in my mind.

DSJ is garbage. I didn?t like him at all when Dallas drafted him. Tried to give him a chance here when we were stupid enough to trade for him. Now, I hate him more than ever. He just looks lazy and not engaged. He hasn?t even tried to fight for a job. No fire. No real skill. Not the explosive athlete he was even 2 years ago.

Yeah, the draft hype that he was Westbrook lite is BS. I doubt anything is there either. But, if you trade for the man... can?t quite within a year... not unless you getting something in return.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, the draft hype that he was Westbrook lite is BS. I doubt anything is there either. But, if you trade for the man... can’t quite within a year... not unless you getting something in return.
DSJ has no trade value. We picked up his option but how can you play him ahead of even Kadeem, I see him riding the bench until we release him next year.

mafra

Legend
DSJ has no trade value. We picked up his option but how can you play him ahead of even Kadeem, I see him riding the bench until we release him next year.

If he can?t earn playing time showing up Frank, Trier, EP and Allen... then he won?t be long here.

It would be asinine to trade for a lottery pick from 3 years ago, who is 22, then cut bait 12 months later and get nothing. Makes you wonder why they traded for him.

Look, we draft 3 teenage projects in 3 consecutive years. Frank, Knox, RJ all were raw, talented prospects who some envisioned could blossom into legit players if developed correctly.

This is what?s wrong with our org and our fans.... we just can?t stick to a plan and see it thru.

Just play the kids heavy minutes after trade deadline. Give them rest of this season and next. Only then.... evaluate.