Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Indy 0-8 from downtown in the first half... Oladipo is the cautionary tale.... Took the kid a long time to become an All Star. ORL to OKC to INDY... found his spot and became an viable Starting PG for Indy.

I guarantee if we send Frank, Knox and DSJ away... somebody will develop 1 of these cats. There are things they do well.... they just not developing here. Gee, I wonder why.
    Ntilikina likely to find a solid role on a better run team. Knox unlikely to be anything more than a bench spot scorer in my mind.

DSJ is garbage. I didnít like him at all when Dallas drafted him. Tried to give him a chance here when we were stupid enough to trade for him. Now, I hate him more than ever. He just looks lazy and not engaged. He hasnít even tried to fight for a job. No fire. No real skill. Not the explosive athlete he was even 2 years ago.

Lead quickly cut to six... we know whatís coming... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Ntilikina likely to find a solid role on a better run team. Knox unlikely to be anything more than a bench spot scorer in my mind.

DSJ is garbage. I didnít like him at all when Dallas drafted him. Tried to give him a chance here when we were stupid enough to trade for him. Now, I hate him more than ever. He just looks lazy and not engaged. He hasnít even tried to fight for a job. No fire. No real skill. Not the explosive athlete he was even 2 years ago.
    Yeah, the draft hype that he was Westbrook lite is BS. I doubt anything is there either. But, if you trade for the man... canít quite within a year... not unless you getting something in return.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Yeah, the draft hype that he was Westbrook lite is BS. I doubt anything is there either. But, if you trade for the man... can’t quite within a year... not unless you getting something in return.
    DSJ has no trade value. We picked up his option but how can you play him ahead of even Kadeem, I see him riding the bench until we release him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    DSJ has no trade value. We picked up his option but how can you play him ahead of even Kadeem, I see him riding the bench until we release him next year.
    If he canít earn playing time showing up Frank, Trier, EP and Allen... then he wonít be long here.

It would be asinine to trade for a lottery pick from 3 years ago, who is 22, then cut bait 12 months later and get nothing. Makes you wonder why they traded for him.

Look, we draft 3 teenage projects in 3 consecutive years. Frank, Knox, RJ all were raw, talented prospects who some envisioned could blossom into legit players if developed correctly.

This is whatís wrong with our org and our fans.... we just canít stick to a plan and see it thru.

Just play the kids heavy minutes after trade deadline. Give them rest of this season and next. Only then.... evaluate.

We hold for last shot of third Q but Dotson and Morris canít get shot off.
    We up 1 after 3. I predict another double digit loss.

Veteran

DSJ takes advantage of the mismatch and knocks down a nice jumper in the 4th. Inexplicably though, it is his 1st FG of this game he started. The bar for starting PGs for this team is so low you couldnít crawl under it and still DSJ underwhelms.

12th man

Tied at 80 .. 6 min remaining in game

Veteran

Marcus Morris has taken a legitimate star turn this season. Put the team on his back for the win tonight. Every team in the league looking to make a legitimate run in the postseason should be on the phone with our stupid front office seeing what it would take to get Morris as a 3 month rental.

On the flip side, if we had any hopes of building a real NBA backcourt in free agency, Morris and Randle as your 3 and 4 would be a reasonable investment going forward.

As long as we are still rolling out our usual garbage backcourts, I donít see the point in locking up big long-term money in the 30-year-old Morris in this coming free agency period.

12th man

Give DSJ the Game-Ball for his relentless hustle on both sides of the court.
    Nice Knicks Win .. by never giving the Pacers the controlling lead !!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    DSJ takes advantage of the mismatch and knocks down a nice jumper in the 4th. Inexplicably though, it is his 1st FG of this game he started. The bar for starting PGs for this team is so low you couldn’t crawl under it and still DSJ underwhelms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Give DSJ the Game-Ball for his relentless hustle on both sides of the court.
    Nice Knicks Win .. by never giving the Pacers the controlling lead !!!
    Wally thought Miller would let Kadeem finish the game. Said it in my prior post that how can you play DSJ ahead of a two way GLeaguer, Instill think that. 2-9 -3 +/- does not deserve a game ball. I wish we could trade him but he's got no value, I've seen guys promoted from the GLeague better than him this season.

How do you let Mudiay walk?

Did anyone notice how Randle handled the ball in the last few seconds of the game. Same as last game. He hasn't learn to play 48 minutes.

Randle nearly had yet another brutal turnover late... ball bounced right way for us and he found open man under the hoop.

Morris closed the game but DSJ prevented Indy from taking the lead, knocking down some buckets and running the offense.
    He looked decent tonight, for once.

Indy is the 5th seed, 34-18 or something, and we were in the road. Regardless of how it happened, it was a nice win. Sure, we won bc VO rusty and they seemed out of sorts a bit.

Iím fine giving MM a 3/50 type of deal... but I wouldnít go crazy. We ainít ready to win, so who cares if we win 22 or 28 games.

Itís a catch-22 tho.... do you sign MM and block RJ and Knox some? Or do you see value in him being that safety valve for the offense? Takes pressure off the kids?

I live in fear of being forced to endure Ball, Frank, RJ, Randle, MRob try to score 80 points next season.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Wally thought Miller would let Kadeem finish the game. Said it in my prior post that how can you play DSJ ahead of a two way GLeaguer, Instill think that. 2-9 -3 +/- does not deserve a game ball. I wish we could trade him but he's got no value, I've seen guys promoted from the GLeague better than him this season.
    Wally is nothing but a lacky and company man. I pay zero attention to him, and Hahn too. Their takes are always cooked up for a Knick base, with that being said...

Agreed I don't see DSJ here much longer along with a few others. To be honest none of our young players are good except RJ and probably Robinson(who still isn't a starter) so this isn't exclusive to any singular player. Some have been given a chance to prove their value and they're awful such as Knox. Trier can't even get consistent minutes

I have no idea why we still have Phil's guys here, none at all. I think Payton and all the starters against the Jazz we double digit - +/-. We don't have a point guard. We need to do everything possible to secure one this offseason

Not that we needed to win to help the rebuild cause but I remember days fans would justify Wins like this tonight against a quality team
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 01, 2020 at 22:31.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    How do you let Mudiay walk?

Did anyone notice how Randle handled the ball in the last few seconds of the game. Same as last game. He hasn't learn to play 48 minutes.
    I think this fan base hated him more than any other guard we've ever had, no lie. PG should be our #1 priority to address sooner than later if possible