Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If SAS is accurate, and this firings has Stoutís fingerprints all over this... Then I applaud the new hire and image makeover.

SAS says 3 agents have texted him and said buckle up... major change is coming. This is step 1.

SAS said you canít hire KD confident Rich Kleimam now.

Don't start jumping up and down until Perry is gone also. He can be allowed to make any trades or draft picks.

Let applauded Dolan for doing 1/2 a right thing in firing Mills. If anyone see Magic Johnson in talk let me know. If anyone knows someone at the airport that Dolan keeps his jet please let know if this is a schedule trip to Jackson Hole, WY.

If the above doesn't happen don't look for much success. We need people that know BB and talent especially raw talent. Did I hear someone say 'Gaines'.

Why do this now?

Crowd chanting ďsell the teamĒ?

B/C KP on fire last week?

New re-branding crew recommended this?

Or
    Combo of all 3?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Why do this now?

Crowd chanting ďsell the teamĒ?

B/C KP on fire last week?

New re-branding crew recommended this?

Or
    Combo of all 3?
    I think itís #3. Dolan hires PR firm to improve team image for fans and a couple weeks later a widely despised executive finally gets shown the door after years of ineptitude. Probably not a coincidence.

Veteran

The Ujiri rumors really have gotten complicated. One rumor says that Dolan really isnít that high on Ujiri but NBA officials, including Adam Silver, are trying to make Ujiri to Knicks happen because Knicks success would be good for the entire league.

Another rumor says that since Ujiri delivered a championship to Toronto, they will let him go without much fuss if he asks to go to another team.

Marc Stein (NY Times) all over map on NYK and Masai.

12th man

Giving TOR 2 first rounders for Ujiri is exactly what Ujiri wouldn't do and I'm sure he would tell Dolan, look if you want me, wait until next year.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think it’s #3. Dolan hires PR firm to improve team image for fans and a couple weeks later a widely despised executive finally gets shown the door after years of ineptitude. Probably not a coincidence.
    imo, it was Mills reported reluctance in trading MM when Perry was in favor of doing it. I think every trade scenario I heard with the Knicks said trade him, get what you can and get him back in FA. Getting anything back for a guy only under contract through June is a no brainer, even Dolan could see that.

Yeah, I donít get this sense of urgency? Perry and Mills can handle biz for a season.... If you want Masai so badly, simply sit tight a year. Why rush?

This isnít a great draft or a free agent class. We wonít do damage staging the course and waiting a year...

I bet Mills told Dolan he wanted to keep Morris and wanted to trade a bunch of picks and players for Russell. Dolan finally knows this guy is about to ruin org for another 5 years... Good riddance.

Veteran

I think itís all in the pitch. If you are Dolan and you interview a potential executive hire who presents to you a realistic plan to get this team some legitimate guys to build around in the next 12 months, I think you hire now and not later.

Mark Cuban got KP from us for a lottery draft bust, 2 picks that will almost certainly not be lottery picks, and some bad salary that didnít even last 2 additional seasons.

Maybe someone walks in the door and says here is my plan to take advantage of another teamís stupid front office for once.

ďWhen Mr. Dolan was walking out of the arena the other day, the whole crowd was yelling ĎSell the team.í So whoever he hires, I just hope he doesnít micromanage,Ē Shaq said. ďYou need to let a guy be able to do his thing. When I was playing in Miami, Pat Riley ran the show. Micky Arison owns it, but Pat Riley ran the show. When I was with the Lakers, Jerry West ran the show. So whoever they hire, I just hope Mr. Dolan just stays out the way.Ē

ďI donít really understand why people donít want to come to New York. Iíve talked to a lot of players on why they donít want to come to New York,Ē Shaq said, ďand basically they said the management stinks.Ē

Veteran

Listening to NBA Channel on satellite radio and one host made the point that if Knicks can move Randle and trade Morris for a couple 2nd round picks or a late 1st round pick, then they would basically have clean books at the end of this season, all their own future picks, multiple additional future picks, and a couple young guys still on relatively small contracts.

This would be a setup that could definitely attract a top executive candidate. Very low floor, lots of flexibility, and easy path to improvement.

Hasnít Dolan learned anything from the Melo debacle?

Supposedly, Masai wants to come.... is leaving TOR when contract is done.

Why canít we wait, especially if heís our ownerís top choice? Why so inpatient?

From Posting and Toasting:

Marc Stein reports:

Two people in the league whom I trust deeply for their reads on this situation have been telling me since December, when the Knicks fired Coach David Fizdale after a 4-18 start, that Ujiri intends to maneuver his way to the Knicks after his moves helped the Raptors win a championship last season.

Both people, who were not authorized to share their insights publicly, went so far as to proclaim that Ujiri may even try to bring along Bobby Webster, Torontoís well-regarded general manager.

One told me he is convinced that Ujiriís relationship with the chairman of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Larry Tannenbaum, is such that the Raptors would ultimately bless the move if Ujiri wants it badly enough.

Further, at least two trustworthy Raptors reporters seem to believe that Ujiri might not be long for Toronto. Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star noted in a Tuesday column that Ujiri was not offered a contract extension over the summer, and wondered aloud whether that could signal his impending departure.

Meanwhile, Michael Grange of sportsnet.ca, connected some dots in a piece of his own and said that ďtaken together, a picture seems clear.Ē

The Raptors havenít offered Ujiri an extension, heís determined to become a free agent and he may have an out on his deal this coming summer.

Short answer? Ujiri is gone.

On Wednesday, Marc Berman of the New York Post reported that Dolan is already beginning to believe Ujiri is not the answer. Bermanís article also notes that Dolan made the Mills move now, two days before the trade deadline, so he could start searching for a new person to run the team before news that he was going to get rid of Mills leaked.

Per Berman:

Dolanís fast pace doesnít appear to bode well for the candidacy of Raptors president Masai Ujiri, who has been high on the ownerís wish list.

According to a source, Dolan has been leery of Ujiri, with the mounds of publicity he has gotten as a candidate and using the Knicks as leverage with Toronto.

Apparently, Dolan also isnít fond of the fact that the Knicks would have to trade assets for the right to hire Ujiri since heís still under contract, even though thatís exactly how the Knicks pried Perry from the Sacramento Kings.

There have also been reports that the Knicks could consider a front office model that is similar to that of the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers, except not in the sense that they are guaranteed to build a winning team. Instead, this scenario would see the Knicks follow in those teamsí footsteps by hiring a player agent to work in the front office.

In a separate report, Berman wrote that Rich Kleiman, who manages Kevin Durant, could be someone to watch out for if thatís the case. Kleiman was supposed to deliver KD to the Knicks this summer, but as you may have heard, Durant is not currently on the Knicks and is instead on the Brooklyn Nets. Hiring the guy who failed to get you KD? Thatís called playing 4D chess.

People from Creative Arts Agency have also been bandied about as potential front office recruits, while names like Daryl Morey and Sam Presti are being discussed by fans but have yet to be named as actual realistic targets.

Thereís certainly a lot of uncertainty surrounding Madison Square Garden, but one thing is for sure: the trade deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m., and no one has any clue what the hell is going to happen.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Listening to NBA Channel on satellite radio and one host made the point that if Knicks can move Randle and trade Morris for a couple 2nd round picks or a late 1st round pick, then they would basically have clean books at the end of this season, all their own future picks, multiple additional future picks, and a couple young guys still on relatively small contracts.

This would be a setup that could definitely attract a top executive candidate. Very low floor, lots of flexibility, and easy path to improvement.

Mills was given the Knicks interim president job, a job that never should have lasted after one full offseason.
    Firing Mills days before the Feb. Trade dead-line says Mills wont ever get a NBA executive job again.

Mills & Perry are to damn predictable, they do exactly what sports media suggest them to do.
    Marcus Morris Sr. were the Knicks best FA signing in the offseason, Taj Gibson were the 2nd best signing.
    Both players are 2 to 3 year keepers for the GROWTH of the Knicks young-core players.
    Payton and Randle up n down performance are tied as the Knicks 3rd best FA signing in the offseason, and both players should not be put to worry bout being traded their first season as a Knick by the Big Apple Media, and the Knicks clueless Puppet FO.