Steve Mills Fired!!!

Broadway

All Star
This means Perry and Blatt have to do deals going forward or whoever we were talking to conversations may have to be re-ignited. Bad timing to say the least but hey it is what it is

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this is great news, I saw it coming but I wouldn't believe it would actually happen. Are we finally gonna be competitive again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news. I still believe Steve Mills is in the running for worst sports executive of all-time. It?s his longevity at being awful that makes him a top contender in my mind.

I assume Ujiri is off the table since Dolan is interviewing president candidates right now. Please, Dolan, make a good hire. We are a desperate fan base.

mafra

Legend
Should be a Holiday. I wonder if we go with Presti or if we stay with Perry for another year... then make a run at the Chosen One?

Thankfully, Mills not allowed to make a trade

mafra

Legend
Bleacher Report's Howard Beck reported last Dec. 7 that it is believed Ujiri's contract runs through 2021 but that he has an out clause "under certain circumstances." Beck also reported that Ujiri turned down an extension from the Raptors this past summer.

I?m wouldn?t surrender 1st Rounders for an execution be. Not when he?s a free agent in a year....

I wonder if Dolan asked Mills about the plan for the trade deadline and Mills had nothing or something extremely stupid and Dolan said ?enough?s enough?.

Allegedly, Dolan thought Mills was screwing up by not making Morris available for trade. I totally agree with Dolan.

Also, reportedly, Dolan is looking at player agent candidates for the team president opening.

Broadway

All Star
Allegedly, Dolan thought Mills was screwing up by not making Morris available for trade. I totally agree with Dolan.

Also, reportedly, Dolan is looking at player agent candidates for the team president opening.

The Masai discussion was all New York Tabloid based. A bunch of mess press diarrhea...I've literally paid it little attention to it. With that being said what you mention is aligned with Woj reporting

So Perry and Mills likely had differences about what to do with Morris. Mills is gone, Perry now has temporary promotion...that speaks volumes. I haven't spoke much about Morris either, I mean what's the big fuss? Yeah he's played well and handled himself okay for the most part besides a couple hiccups but he's not a keep at all costs player. Why was he being treated as such? It's common sense you see what you can get for him if his value is at a premium

I understand why people get fired now, really I do!

tiger0330

Legend
Most of the work is done by the GM so no need to rush the hire with Perry still here. Keeping Perry is not a vote of confidence in him, I'd be looking to sell that NY condo he's got. The next regime is going to select the new GM. I said the last straw for Dolan was when those fans were on his case to sell the team, utter embarrassment for him that prompted him to axe Mills now instead of this summer.

tiger0330

Legend
Mentioned this as something Dolan should consider, going outside the traditional channels in hiring the next front office.

mafra

Legend
Uh-oh! Lakers a disaster... they were lucky LeBRon wanted LA. Kobe?s agent did little to help

He interviewed KD mgr Kleinman. Don?t hire that bum. He couldn?t get his client to Knicks. Screw him. Not to mention he made you look foolish, saying publicly free agents are coming.

Yes, there?s no rush. If NBA wants Masai in NY have them force issue. If not, then wait a year and see if he signs... Conduct a comprehensive search... hire a firm to do the research.... let Perry and Miller run show for a season....

Or, find a guy you like and run with it. It ain?t rocket science. But, nothing will work if the new President is forced to surround himself with Dolan loyalists.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Mills an idiot to the end. The only player we can?t trade is RJ Barrett. Everyone else name is on the table. Have a fire sale as far as I?m concerned and start over.

mafra

Legend
If SAS is accurate, and this firings has Stout?s fingerprints all over this... Then I applaud the new hire and image makeover.

mafra

Legend
SAS says 3 agents have texted him and said buckle up... major change is coming. This is step 1.

SAS said you can?t hire KD confident Rich Kleimam now.

Don't start jumping up and down until Perry is gone also. He can be allowed to make any trades or draft picks.

Let applauded Dolan for doing 1/2 a right thing in firing Mills. If anyone see Magic Johnson in talk let me know. If anyone knows someone at the airport that Dolan keeps his jet please let know if this is a schedule trip to Jackson Hole, WY.

If the above doesn't happen don't look for much success. We need people that know BB and talent especially raw talent. Did I hear someone say 'Gaines'.

mafra

Legend
Why do this now?

Crowd chanting ?sell the team??

B/C KP on fire last week?

New re-branding crew recommended this?

Or
Combo of all 3?

Why do this now?

Crowd chanting ?sell the team??

B/C KP on fire last week?

New re-branding crew recommended this?

Or
Combo of all 3?

I think it?s #3. Dolan hires PR firm to improve team image for fans and a couple weeks later a widely despised executive finally gets shown the door after years of ineptitude. Probably not a coincidence.