Game Thread: Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks - 2/21/20

First game post All-Star break. Not sure what to expect. DSJ seems like a waste of minutes at this point.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not watching the game but just got an alert Knicks winning 20-15 at the end of the 1st. 20-15???? It must be 1993-1994 and Reggie Miller and Pat are going at itšŸ˜‚

DSJ with 4 assists in 8 minutes. Man, I hope this guy can do something the last stretch of the season. Not going to hold my breath though.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks continue with their good D performance holding IND to 15 pts in the 1st qtr. That's 26 pts the Pacers have scored in the last 2 games in the first.

DSJ hits a 3 from the top to end the qtr. Maybe he gets it going for the rest of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ with 4 assists in 8 minutes. Man, I hope this guy can do something the last stretch of the season. Not going to hold my breath though.
He can't be as bad as he was. He has the ability to break down a defense and he can jump out of the building. We didn't or couldn't trade him so he's got through next year as a Knick.

For all the talk about keeping Mudiay, he doesn't even play for the Jazx.

He can't be as bad as he was. He has the ability to break down a defense and he can jump out of the building. We didn't or couldn't trade him so he's got through next year as a Knick.

Can he still jump like that though? This guy could fly through the air in the past seasons. I swear this season he has gotten open drives to the hoop and not dunked. Like his athleticism is just gone.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread htr10 .... More worried bout how the comment affect Millers coaching the next 10 games .. All our young players excel when they are in the same lineup 3 games in a row .. Fiz & Miller keep switching 4 different players in DSJ & Frank lineup every other game is not helping DSJ or Frank get the chance to lead the point, and teammates to have confidence in their leadership.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time Knicks 44 - Pacers 51

Knicks loss the 1st quarter lead quick in the 2nd qtr. playing ISO-B.ball SMH

tiger0330

Legend
The boys not only.are a bottom feeder in the league, they also play a boring style of bball when Payton isn't playing. We play the Rockets soon, that small ball they play is working so far and they are fun to watch.

Kiyaman

Legend
DSJ got off to a good start in the first half hitting a 3-ball and handing out 4 Dimes .. Barrett also got off to a good start scoring on some tough shots in the first half. Other than that .. our Offense is terrible running thru Randle & Barrett !!!

tiger0330

Legend
There's talk that Harkless might ask for a buyout to play for a playoff team, he said he hasn't thought about it but I guarantee by next week he changes his mind.

tiger0330

Legend
After hitting one three, DSJ misses a 5 ft floater, a layup, turns it over and then fouls. The guy is a bust. Nits not much better.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks continue with their good D performance holding IND to 15 pts in the 1st qtr. That's 26 pts the Pacers have scored in the last 2 games in the first.

DSJ hits a 3 from the top to end the qtr. Maybe he gets it going for the rest of the season.

It's not going to matter much with what any player does rest of the yr outside of RJ and Robinson. Everyone else is on borrowed time(contractual). This team failed to trade Knox and Knits and I'm not watching until bodies start disappearing. I expect plenty of action this summer. We should be the busiest team in the league with transactions

tiger0330

Legend
It's not going to matter much with what any player does rest of the yr outside of RJ and Robinson. Everyone else is on borrowed time(contractual). This team failed to trade Knox and Knits and I'm not watching until bodies start disappearing. I expect plenty of action this summer. We should be the busiest team in the league with transactions
I agree, you would think Rose will be looking to make a splash this off season. Mills didn't make many deals in the last 3 years because he was adamant about not trading our draft picks, Rose is going to have to put them in play to make deals.

Kiyaman

Legend
Down by 7 having 2 min in the game .. rookie RJ mising one of the two FT shots says the ball never should have went to the rookie RJ for the shot !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
After the All-Star break .. how well did the Knicks Young-core players perform last night?
And how well were the young-core players chemistry in coach Miller's system?

RJ .. 17 pts on 8-19 FG shooting, 4 rb, 2 ast ???
Knox .. 4 pts, 2 ast, 5 fouls ???
MitchRob .. 8 pts on 4-5 FG shooting, 8 rbs, 4 blks, 5 fouls ???
DSJ .. 3 pts, 6 ast, 2 stl, 1 turnover ???
Dotson .. 6 pts, 3 rbs, 3 ast, 1 stl ???
Frank .. 14 pts, 2 rbs, 2 ast, 2 stl, and 0 turnovers ???
Portis .. 17 pts, 6 rbs, 1 ast, 1 blk, and 4 turnovers ???

I agree with bodies disappearing... you name two but what other bodies? BTW, who you going to replace these disappearing bodies with(names).

One more thing... it looks like you have a pretty good eye for talent. Have you looked at RJ overall playing performance? But more than that have you look very closely at his overall abilities? Defense, first step going to the basket, explosiveness going to basket, etc..? I'm not talking about what you heard but what you see.