Game thread: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets 8:00 2/24/2020 [Game #57]

tiger0330

Legend
Gee sorry for rooting for our lottery pick to succeed. Ok lemme be like new poster of the year “Dark Hater”: RJ sucks trade him for Micheal Porter jr. Is that better for you?!!!
I'll add to it. He needs to learn how to shoot, FTs and jump shots. I wish he could put them up like one of your Bullies Coby White who has 2 games in his rookie season hitting 7 3s. Like his game more than RJs frankly even if he's been inconsistent, if I had a do over I'd pick Coby ahead of RJ.

tiger0330

Legend
Gee sorry for rooting for our lottery pick to succeed. Ok lemme be like new poster of the year ?Dark Hater?: RJ sucks trade him for Micheal Porter jr. Is that better for you?!!!

I'll add to it.

He needs to learn how to shoot, FTs and jump shots. I wish he could put them up like one of your Bullies Coby White who has 2 games in his rookie season hitting 7 3s. Like his game more than RJs frankly even if he's been inconsistent, if I had a do over I'd pick Coby ahead of RJ.
RJ is the 22nd highest ranking rookie according to this, Hunter who was drafted one spot behind RJ is 9th, Coby 16th.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings

mafra

Legend
RJ is the 22nd highest ranking rookie according to this, Hunter who was drafted one spot behind RJ is 9th, Coby 16th.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings

I imagine RJ would thrive in ATL and CHI and those 2 would be putrid here. Don?t forget you need to handicap and give RJ the Knicks benefit. This team is awful and has been for decades.... began season with zero leadership.

RJ is raw with flaws. Let?s hope we do a better job developing him than Frank and Knox.

I bet in 3 years, nobody is gonna complain a 22 yr-old RJ is a NYK.

Broadway

All Star
I imagine RJ would thrive in ATL and CHI and those 2 would be putrid here. Don?t forget you need to handicap and give RJ the Knicks benefit. This team is awful and has been for decades.... began season with zero leadership.

RJ is raw with flaws. Let?s hope we do a better job developing him than Frank and Knox.

I really don?t get the RJ criticism, it?s baffling. Unlike Knits and Knox who?ve been pure Trash at least RJ can still produce in light of all the darkness concerning this organization

It?s not like the other rookies a taking their teams to new heights with maybe exception to Ja and Zion coming on strong

tiger0330

Legend
I imagine RJ would thrive in ATL and CHI and those 2 would be putrid here. Don’t forget you need to handicap and give RJ the Knicks benefit. This team is awful and has been for decades.... began season with zero leadership.

RJ is raw with flaws. Let’s hope we do a better job developing him than Frank and Knox.

I've been a fan since he was drafted and think he's still got the potential to be an AS but right now some guys drafted behind him are better players than him. Not a bad game tonight, I'm hoping he finishes strong and continues that upward trend he had in JAN before he got injured.

It always 3 years or 5 years!! What about right now do we see a player worth #3 pick. The answer is NO!!

Need to handicap and give the Knicks benefit? What is the handicap and the benefit??

RJ has been all year this great young player that is NBA READY!! Now all of a sudden he is raw and flawed. Well he didn't get raw and flawed over the last few months. He was that way when we draft him.

Surprisingly I have been hearing comments from sports reporters that there is a notation that the Knicks should have trade back instead of drafting RJ. Will the New Front Office hold RJ in high esteem as the fired front office?

I really don’t get the RJ criticism, it’s baffling. Unlike Knits and Knox who’ve been pure Trash at least RJ can still produce in light of all the darkness concerning this organization

It’s not like the other rookies a taking their teams to new heights with maybe exception to Ja and Zion coming on strong

If you are a Knicks fan then first of all know what the team NEEDED!! Not what they wanted and that wasn't even RJ. We needed a PF not PG, SG or SF. That criticism comes from the fact that wasn't done on the 1st or 2nd picks.

You trying to make lemonade out of a lemon but you got to have some sugar. It simple and I say it again "Move the Needle" for a #3 pick.
He doesn't make the team better.

mafra

Legend
DeAndre Hunter is 22, playing with Young and Collins.... I would hope he would be having a better rookie year. Otherwise ATL has a major bust.

But, even now, I prefer RJ to Cam and Hunter.

Why don?t free agents come to NYC? The pressure! How would Hunter handle being ?the savior? if we took him 4th? Colby White?

Get Rose and Thibs in here.... let?s see where RJ?s game is when he?s 22.

mafra

Legend
I really don?t get the RJ criticism, it?s baffling. Unlike Knits and Knox who?ve been pure Trash at least RJ can still produce in light of all the darkness concerning this organization

It?s not like the other rookies a taking their teams to new heights with maybe exception to Ja and Zion coming on strong

It?s mind boggling, to be honest. No wonder the fan base is accused of not having the heart or stomach for a true rebuild.

He?s arguably the most exciting rookie prospect we?ve had in 25 years... he may not appear as talented as KP, but let?s remember that KP didn?t have the mental fortitude to make it here. KP was really immature compared to RJ....

Trust the process... Look at PHI... you?ll miss on most your lottery picks.... it takes time.

We all wanted Zion or JA instead. We all were open to a trade, although I haven?t heard of a single trade proposal floated our way. There wasn?t a team offering us much of anything for the third pick.

Even now, if I could do a re-draft, I still take RJ 3rd over anybody else that was drafted after him.

It?s not who has a better rookie year.... It?s who will have the better career. Remember, RJ should be a freshman at Duke this year and would Obviously be the number 1 Pick in this draft class.

tiger0330

Legend
Think KP will have the better career than RJ if he can remain healthy. One of the things I like though about RJ is I think he'll be an iron man similar to The Beard, did you see him in the game tonight, when he sustained that leg injury, you couldn't get him out of the game... think RJ will be like that.

My criticism of him is I wish he came out of the gate faster as other 3rd picks ala Doncic, Tatum, Embiid, Jalen Brown a 22nd ranking just doesn't light my fire for a 3rd pick regardless of whether you're comparing him to guys older than him.

Season isn't over and I hope he catches fire the remainder of the season. One thing the Knicks are doing is giving him plenty of opportunity to develop, it's up to him to improve.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
There's a good reason why Knicks fans yell "Sell the Team!"

It?s mind boggling, to be honest. No wonder the fan base is accused of not having the heart or stomach for a true rebuild.

He?s arguably the most exciting rookie prospect we?ve had in 25 years... he may not appear as talented as KP, but let?s remember that KP didn?t have the mental fortitude to make it here. KP was really immature compared to RJ....

Trust the process... Look at PHI... you?ll miss on most your lottery picks.... it takes time.

We all wanted Zion or JA instead. We all were open to a trade, although I haven?t heard of a single trade proposal floated our way. There wasn?t a team offering us much of anything for the third pick.

Even now, if I could do a re-draft, I still take RJ 3rd over anybody else that was drafted after him.

It?s not who has a better rookie year.... It?s who will have the better career. Remember, RJ should be a freshman at Duke this year and would Obviously be the number 1 Pick in this draft class.

I have to agree .. all the negative comment on rookie RJ performance are a bit immature being the status of the Knicks club.
Tonight, I watched a Knicks team performance that had no concept of words DEFENSE or Team-Ball!
Did Miller give-up coaching defense the last two games, by putting 4 non-defensive-players in a lineup all game ???

The Small-Ball Rockets shot 50% from the FG tonite .. Hitting the majority of their shots from easy inside scoring.
The Rockets grab a 72-57 Halftime lead! Does that score look like the Knicks were defending the defensive-end of the court? NO! Harden practically scored a layup on everyone in the Knicks rotation tonight. No fan should single out one players performance in a Knicks chaotic 10 Man rotation, especially single out a rookie when u have several veteran bums performance in the rotation that are bad for the rookies NBA growth. The Knicks silly program has been destroying the fundamentals of all their rookies, and young-core players for years.
Truth be said .. The Knicks haven't had a real NBA Head-coach since Dantoni quit in 2011-12 season, when Melo went crying upstairs to Dolan that coach Dantoni was making Lin-Sanity a bigger star then him. The same ole Bull Melo did on the Nuggets to AI, Camby, Billups, and Kenyon Martin.

The Knicks biggest problem wasn't top FA star players don't want to sign with the Knicks.
The Knicks biggest problem the past two decades has been no NBA experience President, or GM, or head-coach want to put up with Dolan's crazy decision-making each season in the Knicks organization. Dolan just Fired the President he hired 3 years ago, and Dolan just fired the headcoach he hired 2 yrs ago. Now! Dolan will make some drastic changes come off-season, didn't Dolan make some drastic changes last offseason to the roster, and the offseason before that one too. SMH

jimkcchief88

All Star
Looks like RJ led the team in points and minutes last night against an elite Western Conference team. But he?s awful need to trade him what a mistake....no wonder free agents don?t want to come to NYC the fan base is dumber than the owner:(