Game Thread: New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers - 2/27/20

Knicks continue to struggle. Philly has had their own issues lately. Hoping to see a good effort tonight from our guys.

tiger0330

Legend
Miller still trying to win games with a new starting lineup.

Harkless
Payton
RJ
Portis
JR

Why play Harkless at all, he's an UFA and he doesn't expect to be here saying he's going to enjoy being a Knick as long as it lasts.

mafra

Legend
It?s starting to click for MRob.... he enters game with NY down 10.... assist, dunk, dunk. I really want to see if he can play 25+ minutes again tonight... 1 foul last night.... he leads NBA in FG % and is 5th in blocks.

Harkless stationary as he allows a cutter free lane to dunk it. What?s he doing planted on weak side post guarding nobody?

mafra

Legend
EP bricks 2 FTs... He shooting 50% from the charity stripe. Just lovely.... he?s also bricked a 3, badly missed a runner...

DSJ enter game and promptly has his dunk attempt blocked by our old pal KOQ. Then DSJ has pocket picked aimlessly dribbling around in the paint...

26-21 PHI after 1.

Knicks 1-6 from downtown. They?ve made, collectively, just 8 threes last 2 games combined. Knicks need to surround RJ and Randle with shooters.

mafra

Legend
Knicks have missed 5 of last 6 FT attempts. This time Knox clanks 2 off rim. We have been worst FT shooting team wire to wire all season

mafra

Legend
Knox then hits 1/2.... NYK now 3-9 from
fT line. Just awful.

KOQ with hustle play to save the ball. Didn?t seem like Bullock cares one way or another who gained possession.

Lineup of DSJ, Ellington, Bullock, Knox, MRob getting run out of the gym.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks shooting sucks. Rose needs to bring in shooters and bring player development under the umbrella of the head coach, didn't know none of the coaches the Knicks have now are player development coaches, seems Dumbo Fizdale wanted every coach to be involved with development and not have a Czar of player development working under him.

I'd get a guy with a proven track record of development including having personalized plans of development for players, ie I was watching a Griz game and they said JV when he was in TOR had a track and field coach assigned to him to improve his speed and mobility.

mafra

Legend
Just watch Ellington and Bullock. They do nothing on the court to help you win. They just want to chuck 3... and after almost 60 games, suffice to state that they miss a lot more than they make.

Where?s Trier and Dotson?

Miller, IMHO, is coaching his way out of NY relying on these vets.

mafra

Legend
When the paint is clear of bodies, RJ, Randle, DSJ can get to the rack at will.

Joe Harris is an absolute must free agent sign for us.

mafra

Legend
Some guy named Shake Melton has 3 threes for PhI tonight. Knicks have made a grand total of 10 threes last 10 quarters combined...

As I type this, EP bricks another 3... he?s shooting 23% from downtown and 50% from FT line. Begs one to wonder WHY he?s chucking a 3 with plenty of time on shot clock?

Knicks trail by 20....

tiger0330

Legend
Some guy named Shake Melton has 3 threes for PhI tonight. Knicks have made a grand total of 10 threes last 10 quarters combined...

As I type this, EP bricks another 3... he’s shooting 23% from downtown and 50% from FT line. Begs one to wonder WHY he’s chucking a 3 with plenty of time on shot clock?

Knicks trail by 20....
If I was Miller I'd have a standing rule if you're shooting under 25% from 3 you get a $1,000 fine if you take a 3. Russ in HOU stopped taking them because he was a 25% 3 pt shooter.

If I was Miller I'd have a standing rule if you're shooting under 25% from 3 you get a $1,000 fine if you take a 3. Russ in HOU stopped taking them because he was a 25% 3 pt shooter.

Tiger will you say it again for everybody to heard you very GOOD!!! "STANDING RULE-- IF YOU'RE SHOOTING UNDER 25% FROM 3 YOU GET A 1000 DOLLAR FINE"!!

mafra

Legend
DSJ our with concussion symptoms.... Harkless bangs down 2 threes. Here comes the fake comeback.

tiger0330

Legend
I stopped watching at the half. I see why Miller is playing Harkless, he must be setting the nets on fire with his 3 pt shooting in practice so he says I have to get him in the game because no one else can hit a 3. Still there is zero chance he returns so why play him, I'd offer him a buyout.