Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 5:00p 2/29/2020 [Game #60]

mafra

Legend
Always sweet to beat da Bulls, especially when it?s a youth-driven victory. This is the supporting role Randle can be valuable assuming.

Knicks need to play RJ-Knox-MRob together 15-20 minutes a game together, so they develop a feel for one another.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bench players Frank MitchRob & Knox 2nd half performance help the Knicks score 125 points tonite for a win over the Bulls.

tiger0330

Legend
AGREE!!
Your best around player does play the last 4 game, huh.
Dark stop hyping Dot as the Knicks best player. His numbers don't back it up and it makes you look silly frankly and not credible. Kiya is saying play the young guys instead of guys that aren't part of the future most likely.

mafra

Legend
Only 3 fouls from MRob. Miller has flaws but we are seeing MRob and Knox develop under him.

A quality HC, a stable front office.... MRob, Knox, RJ and 3 picks in this draft... Iggy and DSJ and Frank. MR Randle. I bet Harkless stays on the cheap, as depth. Maybe even MM returns (to be deal again next Feb?)....

The foundation is set... now time for coaching and executive to get to work.

tiger0330

Legend
Looking forward to seeing what the new regime does. New GM going into the draft seems appropriate, don't want Perry managing this draft with 2 first round picks. If I'm Rose I make drastic changes in the front office ASAP to put my stamp on the team and to make a statement that the Mills Era is finished.

Dark stop hyping Dot as the Knicks best player. His numbers don't back it up and it makes you look silly frankly and not credible. Kiya is saying play the young guys instead of guys that aren't part of the future most likely.

Tiger, with all due respect it not base off of numbers. Please don't take what I'm about to say to be insulting it obvious you just don't know. And that is, OK!! Being the best all-around player is base off his playing defense and offense. Number have nothing to do with you playing good defense on your man. Number have nothing to do if you have the best 'J' on the team. Dotson defensive well, and he can score the ball with his 'J' or drive the ball to the basket(which he doesn't do enough for me). See if you have watch Dotson from the time he came to the Knicks you would have seen certain things that he does that make him special. I remember his rookie year Dotson put a move on the player defending him and I said to myself that something you can't teach.

So when you talk about being silly and credible when it not about number. Well you KNOW!!

BTW, if you have someone that better please by all mean say IT!!! BE CAREFUL!!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
If you missed it, the icing on the cake... the nail in the coffin.... RJ alley Oops to MItch for the reverse jam. Sweet!

Kiyaman

Legend
Always sweet to beat da Bulls, especially when it’s a youth-driven victory. This is the supporting role Randle can be valuable assuming.

Knicks need to play RJ-Knox-MRob together 15-20 minutes a game together, so they develop a feel for one another.

I been wanting at the start of the season to see Frank Dotson Knox Taj and MitchRob in a lineup for 15 minute a game to gain a tight creative defensive chemistry to out-score half of the Knicks opponents by improving on their 2-Way performance.
What I got from Dolan's Knicks were two foolish head-coaches (Fiz/Miller) that like changing the starter lineup every week, and changing the rotation every other game so not to gain any chemistry from playing isolation individual B.ball.
The Knicks 2019-20 coaching-staff does not know how to spell Team-Ball !!!
Congratulation Miller, we finally passed last season 17 win total with tonight 18th win of the season over the Bulls !!!

I think Dotson is solid, but he is already 25 years old. He should be running the rest of our young guys off the court in practice.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Dotson is solid, but he is already 25 years old. He should be running the rest of our young guys off the court in practice.
He's far from the best player but should be getting more burn. Age might be a consideration as well as for Kadeem Allen, coaches might be thinking they should be better at age 25 than guys getting more burn than them.

As I said, if anyone think someone else is better Dotson then just say it. I'm open to different opinions. Now if you do be able to back it up. We have enough HYPE on this team to last a lifetime. Have any of you ever heard the old saying " No BRAG... Just FACT"!!

Dotson is a C. Gaines pick!! Gaines doesn't draft hype, just players that can play. Do I need to say more??

Who knows what he is doing in practice. I know this he hasn't lost his starting SG job to nobody. Now they(FO, coaches) gave it to someone but ain't nobody beat him out for the job. Looking at this team how can you not play your best solid player? Last 4 or 5 games!!

mafra

Legend
The league knows... as well as we here, on these boards, and everywhere in the tri-state area, and beyond in the entire realm of blue and orange Knikcerbockerdom:

Robinson leads the NBA in field-goal percentage (73.5). In fact, if the season ended today, Mitchell?s field-goal rate would rank as highest in league history ? topping Wilt Chamberlain?s 72.7 from 1972-73.

?Starting not starting, it doesn?t matter,?? Robinson said. ?I?m just here to play and play hard. If I start it?s cool. If not, not going to cry about.??

The New Orleans product acknowledged he has hit his career peak. ?I?m playing better than I have before,?? Robinson said. ?I?m more controlled. Last year I was kind of wild. I wasn?t really stable you could say.?

Robinson credited ?having Taj around?? to help his ?focus?? that is sky high.

(Berman / NY Post)

?Starting, not starting, it doesn?t really matter to me,? he said. ?I?m just here to play, play hard, help my teammates out. If I start the game, cool. If I don?t, oh, well, I?m not going to cry about it. But I?m still going to go out there and play hard.?

?As far as his mentality approaching the game, like I told him before the game, take it personal,? Gibson said. ?These guys are around your age. You?re going to see them for years. Every game is a battle, every game is a test. Step up to the test. He didn?t let up. He was focused and in tune. That?s what I love about him. He understands the importance of getting better, how serious you have to take this game on a night-to-night basis.?

Robinson realizes that his role can benefit Gibson.

?Taj is old,? Robinson said. ?So I?ve got to kind of give my guy a break. Me and [Bobby Portis] have to step our game up so Taj can recover. We?re younger. Way younger. So we?ve really got to look out for him.?

(Popper /Newsday)

1- Don?t go to college, enter league on his own terms, and, despite not playing an official game in like eighteen months, prove they can?t hold a second round pick down. CHECK!

2- Improve from Year-1 to show enough promise by the end of Year-2, to be encouraged that those flashes will begin to flutter at a more furious pace. Be consistent, stay on the court. Be in control, be something on offense. CHECK!

Just imagine how he grows this Summer.
It?s clicking now. He turns 22 in April. He?s going to a good player by Sept, and a monster by 9/2021.

Mitchell Robinson!

Clap,
Clap
Clap, clap, clap!

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
we r on our way... 18wins surpass last years 17... don't hold me to it, BUT... i can see this team winning 20 games this year...