Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Dark stop hyping Dot as the Knicks best player. His numbers don't back it up and it makes you look silly frankly and not credible. Kiya is saying play the young guys instead of guys that aren't part of the future most likely.
    Tiger, with all due respect it not base off of numbers. Please don't take what I'm about to say to be insulting it obvious you just don't know. And that is, OK!! Being the best all-around player is base off his playing defense and offense. Number have nothing to do with you playing good defense on your man. Number have nothing to do if you have the best 'J' on the team. Dotson defensive well, and he can score the ball with his 'J' or drive the ball to the basket(which he doesn't do enough for me). See if you have watch Dotson from the time he came to the Knicks you would have seen certain things that he does that make him special. I remember his rookie year Dotson put a move on the player defending him and I said to myself that something you can't teach.

So when you talk about being silly and credible when it not about number. Well you KNOW!!

BTW, if you have someone that better please by all mean say IT!!! BE CAREFUL!!

Last edited by Dark Raider; Feb 29, 2020 at 20:08.

If you missed it, the icing on the cake... the nail in the coffin.... RJ alley Oops to MItch for the reverse jam. Sweet!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Always sweet to beat da Bulls, especially when it’s a youth-driven victory. This is the supporting role Randle can be valuable assuming.

Knicks need to play RJ-Knox-MRob together 15-20 minutes a game together, so they develop a feel for one another.
    I been wanting at the start of the season to see Frank Dotson Knox Taj and MitchRob in a lineup for 15 minute a game to gain a tight creative defensive chemistry to out-score half of the Knicks opponents by improving on their 2-Way performance.
    What I got from Dolan's Knicks were two foolish head-coaches (Fiz/Miller) that like changing the starter lineup every week, and changing the rotation every other game so not to gain any chemistry from playing isolation individual B.ball.
    The Knicks 2019-20 coaching-staff does not know how to spell Team-Ball !!!
    Congratulation Miller, we finally passed last season 17 win total with tonight 18th win of the season over the Bulls !!!

Veteran

I think Dotson is solid, but he is already 25 years old. He should be running the rest of our young guys off the court in practice.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think Dotson is solid, but he is already 25 years old. He should be running the rest of our young guys off the court in practice.
    He's far from the best player but should be getting more burn. Age might be a consideration as well as for Kadeem Allen, coaches might be thinking they should be better at age 25 than guys getting more burn than them.

As I said, if anyone think someone else is better Dotson then just say it. I'm open to different opinions. Now if you do be able to back it up. We have enough HYPE on this team to last a lifetime. Have any of you ever heard the old saying " No BRAG... Just FACT"!!

Dotson is a C. Gaines pick!! Gaines doesn't draft hype, just players that can play. Do I need to say more??

Who knows what he is doing in practice. I know this he hasn't lost his starting SG job to nobody. Now they(FO, coaches) gave it to someone but ain't nobody beat him out for the job. Looking at this team how can you not play your best solid player? Last 4 or 5 games!!

The league knows... as well as we here, on these boards, and everywhere in the tri-state area, and beyond in the entire realm of blue and orange Knikcerbockerdom:

Robinson leads the NBA in field-goal percentage (73.5). In fact, if the season ended today, Mitchell’s field-goal rate would rank as highest in league history — topping Wilt Chamberlain’s 72.7 from 1972-73.

“Starting not starting, it doesn’t matter,’’ Robinson said. “I’m just here to play and play hard. If I start it’s cool. If not, not going to cry about.’’

The New Orleans product acknowledged he has hit his career peak. “I’m playing better than I have before,’’ Robinson said. “I’m more controlled. Last year I was kind of wild. I wasn’t really stable you could say.”

Robinson credited “having Taj around’’ to help his “focus’’ that is sky high.

(Berman / NY Post)

“Starting, not starting, it doesn’t really matter to me,” he said. “I’m just here to play, play hard, help my teammates out. If I start the game, cool. If I don’t, oh, well, I’m not going to cry about it. But I’m still going to go out there and play hard.”

“As far as his mentality approaching the game, like I told him before the game, take it personal,” Gibson said. “These guys are around your age. You’re going to see them for years. Every game is a battle, every game is a test. Step up to the test. He didn’t let up. He was focused and in tune. That’s what I love about him. He understands the importance of getting better, how serious you have to take this game on a night-to-night basis.”

Robinson realizes that his role can benefit Gibson.

“Taj is old,” Robinson said. “So I’ve got to kind of give my guy a break. Me and [Bobby Portis] have to step our game up so Taj can recover. We’re younger. Way younger. So we’ve really got to look out for him.”

(Popper /Newsday)

1- Don’t go to college, enter league on his own terms, and, despite not playing an official game in like eighteen months, prove they can’t hold a second round pick down. CHECK!

2- Improve from Year-1 to show enough promise by the end of Year-2, to be encouraged that those flashes will begin to flutter at a more furious pace. Be consistent, stay on the court. Be in control, be something on offense. CHECK!

Just imagine how he grows this Summer.
    It’s clicking now. He turns 22 in April. He’s going to a good player by Sept, and a monster by 9/2021.

Mitchell Robinson!

Clap,
    Clap
    Clap, clap, clap!
    Last edited by mafra; Mar 01, 2020 at 01:58.

Veteran

we r on our way... 18wins surpass last years 17... don't hold me to it, BUT... i can see this team winning 20 games this year...

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    we r on our way... 18wins surpass last years 17... don't hold me to it, BUT... i can see this team winning 20 games this year...
    We hire Thibodeau, we’ll win at least 35 next year. You can hold me to that.

There was an article that said the name most mention by other teams to the Knicks at the trade deadline was Dotson. WHY??
    Robinson has no jumper and can't handle the ball(dribbling, etc.). These are the base things that determine when trying to figure out best all-around player.
    If you don't know these things it Tiger said you like silly and lose credibility(if you had any). But can you expect from someone who only knows hype.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    The league knows... as well as we here, on these boards, and everywhere in the tri-state area, and beyond in the entire realm of blue and orange Knikcerbockerdom:

Robinson leads the NBA in field-goal percentage (73.5). In fact, if the season ended today, Mitchell’s field-goal rate would rank as highest in league history — topping Wilt Chamberlain’s 72.7 from 1972-73.

“Starting not starting, it doesn’t matter,’’ Robinson said. “I’m just here to play and play hard. If I start it’s cool. If not, not going to cry about.’’

The New Orleans product acknowledged he has hit his career peak. “I’m playing better than I have before,’’ Robinson said. “I’m more controlled. Last year I was kind of wild. I wasn’t really stable you could say.”

Robinson credited “having Taj around’’ to help his “focus’’ that is sky high.

(Berman / NY Post)

“Starting, not starting, it doesn’t really matter to me,” he said. “I’m just here to play, play hard, help my teammates out. If I start the game, cool. If I don’t, oh, well, I’m not going to cry about it. But I’m still going to go out there and play hard.”

“As far as his mentality approaching the game, like I told him before the game, take it personal,” Gibson said. “These guys are around your age. You’re going to see them for years. Every game is a battle, every game is a test. Step up to the test. He didn’t let up. He was focused and in tune. That’s what I love about him. He understands the importance of getting better, how serious you have to take this game on a night-to-night basis.”

Robinson realizes that his role can benefit Gibson.

“Taj is old,” Robinson said. “So I’ve got to kind of give my guy a break. Me and [Bobby Portis] have to step our game up so Taj can recover. We’re younger. Way younger. So we’ve really got to look out for him.”

(Popper /Newsday)

1- Don’t go to college, enter league on his own terms, and, despite not playing an official game in like eighteen months, prove they can’t hold a second round pick down. CHECK!

2- Improve from Year-1 to show enough promise by the end of Year-2, to be encouraged that those flashes will begin to flutter at a more furious pace. Be consistent, stay on the court. Be in control, be something on offense. CHECK!

Just imagine how he grows this Summer.
    It’s clicking now. He turns 22 in April. He’s going to a good player by Sept, and a monster by 9/2021.

Mitchell Robinson!

Clap,
    Clap
    Clap, clap, clap!

MitchRob would be having an all-star 2nd season in the NBA if the Knicks would've resign center DJ, and signed FA Taj Gibson & Morris to be our frontcourt lineup leaders. Dum-Dum Fizdale would probably still be the Knicks head-coach having DJ, Gibson, and Morris leadership on the court and in the locker room mentoring our young-core players Knox DSJ Trier & RJ to develop throughout the season to become top scorers off the bench. Frank & Payton's pass-first PG performance would have move up to the next-level getting teammates involve in having a 2 Way performance.
    The Knicks did not need Randle-Handle Portis Bullock or Ellington inconsistent lazy performance on the roster, and definitely not in a game rotation.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knicks up 66-53 at the half. RJ 3-3 from 3, 7-8 overall for 17 pts. Highlight play on his last 3 to end the half, dribbles the ball at the 3 pt line, Zach gives him a cushion respecting his drive. He drives to the basket, Zach backs off, he passes the 3 pt line but then steps back and drills the 3. Never saw him do that, new wrinkle in his game that will be a weapon if he can nail the jump shot consistently.
    RJ’s game seems to be developing nicely. I’ll be interested to see how his jumper improves after another Summer of work. The kid isn’t even drinking age yet. I’d like to see RJ with a better backcourt. RJ had better guards in his Duke days then his Knicks days.

12th man

We hire Thibodeau, we’ll win at least 35 next year. You can hold me to that.
    If Dolan let the FO hire a winning head-coach (Thibs or Mark Jackson) before draft night, the Knicks will have a .500 2020-21 season !!!

Teammate RJ Barrett talked about Robinson's dominance as of late during practice on Sunday afternoon.

"He's going on a real good run right now," Barrett said. "I think he's just being himself, and he's just playing hard. That's his talent. His talent is playing hard. He can get every offensive rebound, block everything, and he dunks everything."