Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 5:00p 2/29/2020 [Game #60]

There was an article that said the name most mention by other teams to the Knicks at the trade deadline was Dotson. WHY??
Robinson has no jumper and can't handle the ball(dribbling, etc.). These are the base things that determine when trying to figure out best all-around player.
If you don't know these things it Tiger said you like silly and lose credibility(if you had any). But can you expect from someone who only knows hype.

Kiyaman

Legend
The league knows... as well as we here, on these boards, and everywhere in the tri-state area, and beyond in the entire realm of blue and orange Knikcerbockerdom:

Robinson leads the NBA in field-goal percentage (73.5). In fact, if the season ended today, Mitchell’s field-goal rate would rank as highest in league history — topping Wilt Chamberlain’s 72.7 from 1972-73.

“Starting not starting, it doesn’t matter,’’ Robinson said. “I’m just here to play and play hard. If I start it’s cool. If not, not going to cry about.’’

The New Orleans product acknowledged he has hit his career peak. “I’m playing better than I have before,’’ Robinson said. “I’m more controlled. Last year I was kind of wild. I wasn’t really stable you could say.”

Robinson credited “having Taj around’’ to help his “focus’’ that is sky high.

(Berman / NY Post)

“Starting, not starting, it doesn’t really matter to me,” he said. “I’m just here to play, play hard, help my teammates out. If I start the game, cool. If I don’t, oh, well, I’m not going to cry about it. But I’m still going to go out there and play hard.”

“As far as his mentality approaching the game, like I told him before the game, take it personal,” Gibson said. “These guys are around your age. You’re going to see them for years. Every game is a battle, every game is a test. Step up to the test. He didn’t let up. He was focused and in tune. That’s what I love about him. He understands the importance of getting better, how serious you have to take this game on a night-to-night basis.”

Robinson realizes that his role can benefit Gibson.

“Taj is old,” Robinson said. “So I’ve got to kind of give my guy a break. Me and [Bobby Portis] have to step our game up so Taj can recover. We’re younger. Way younger. So we’ve really got to look out for him.”

(Popper /Newsday)

1- Don’t go to college, enter league on his own terms, and, despite not playing an official game in like eighteen months, prove they can’t hold a second round pick down. CHECK!

2- Improve from Year-1 to show enough promise by the end of Year-2, to be encouraged that those flashes will begin to flutter at a more furious pace. Be consistent, stay on the court. Be in control, be something on offense. CHECK!

Just imagine how he grows this Summer.
It’s clicking now. He turns 22 in April. He’s going to a good player by Sept, and a monster by 9/2021.

Mitchell Robinson!

Clap,
Clap
Clap, clap, clap!

MitchRob would be having an all-star 2nd season in the NBA if the Knicks would've resign center DJ, and signed FA Taj Gibson & Morris to be our frontcourt lineup leaders. Dum-Dum Fizdale would probably still be the Knicks head-coach having DJ, Gibson, and Morris leadership on the court and in the locker room mentoring our young-core players Knox DSJ Trier & RJ to develop throughout the season to become top scorers off the bench. Frank & Payton's pass-first PG performance would have move up to the next-level getting teammates involve in having a 2 Way performance.
The Knicks did not need Randle-Handle Portis Bullock or Ellington inconsistent lazy performance on the roster, and definitely not in a game rotation.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks up 66-53 at the half. RJ 3-3 from 3, 7-8 overall for 17 pts. Highlight play on his last 3 to end the half, dribbles the ball at the 3 pt line, Zach gives him a cushion respecting his drive. He drives to the basket, Zach backs off, he passes the 3 pt line but then steps back and drills the 3. Never saw him do that, new wrinkle in his game that will be a weapon if he can nail the jump shot consistently.

RJ?s game seems to be developing nicely. I?ll be interested to see how his jumper improves after another Summer of work. The kid isn?t even drinking age yet. I?d like to see RJ with a better backcourt. RJ had better guards in his Duke days then his Knicks days:).

mafra

Legend
Teammate RJ Barrett talked about Robinson's dominance as of late during practice on Sunday afternoon.

"He's going on a real good run right now," Barrett said. "I think he's just being himself, and he's just playing hard. That's his talent. His talent is playing hard. He can get every offensive rebound, block everything, and he dunks everything."