Game-Thread Knicks vs Rockets .. MitchRob is starting tonight !!!

mafra

Legend
Frank strips Russell. Clean steal. Of course they give RW 2 FTs. But in the final possession.... RW can?t beat Frankie! Knicks win.

We had lost 9 straight at MsG vs HOU.

RJ went ISO and got game sealing bucket. He did airballs a 3 and had a few ugly turnovers before that. But a good game regardless.

Knicks 1-0 under Rose!

NY had 7 guys in double figures.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow, Knicks hold on to win. RJ?s last shot turns out to be a game winner.

Kid is growing up before our eyes leading the team to a win against an elite WC team!!! I?m sure the haters will have their say but I?m happy for the kid. I think we have leader and a winner!

tiger0330

Legend
Good D by Nits on Russ last attempt to tie it on his short jumper. Miller had him playing in crunch time and he paid dividends, wad very aggressive on offense taking 10 shots and making 5, was only 1-6 on his 3s though.

mafra

Legend
Kid is growing up before our eyes leading the team to a win against an elite WC team!!! I?m sure the haters will have their say but I?m happy for the kid. I think we have leader and a winner!

How pumped would we all be with a core of MRob, KP, RJ, Knox and Knits, and all these draft picks!

Oh well.

Still, the truth is.... we may finally have a foundation in place. Now let experience marinate this roster... draft well, shrewd trades and a smart signing and we can be in for some
Ride come 2022.

The win was nice but would?ve been sweeter if our best player, D-Dot, played some. I think HOU was shocked he didn?t play, bc they obviously gear their entire defensive plan to stop Dotty.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ Barrett's consistent low scoring in the 2nd half of every game this season is a ISO-BUM u dont have on the court in the 4th qtr !!!
Clumsy Randle-Handle low b.ball IQ does not belong on the court in the 4th qtr !!!

Great Knicks WIN Tonight over the rough-tough Houston Rockets .. GO Knicks !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Missed 11 freebies. Miller needs to fix this, pros should not be consistently missing there freebies like they are.

If you PG is calling for the ball and comes over to you. You give him the ball and look for what play he calling.

The above is about the RJ last basket. He decided to ISO and push off going to the basket but the ref. didn't call it. Wanting to be the Hero with the new boss in the stand. Well the new boss want owe you anything and better hope he isn't like Mills/Perry. If he knows BB then you and all those other odd pieces are in trouble. Always need the ball to be effective if not he disappears.

Just wondering why RJ was on Westbrook? That is his man but Frank was on him. Frank man is Harden!!

mafra

Legend
HOU shot poorly (Harden started 0-8 from downtown and missed 2 layups down the stretch)....

But NYK dominated the glass. Small ball won?t work in playoffs. Not this year with LAK and LAC in their way.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How pumped would we all be with a core of MRob, KP, RJ, Knox and Knits, and all these draft picks!

Oh well.

Still, the truth is.... we may finally have a foundation in place. Now let experience marinate this roster... draft well, shrewd trades and a smart signing and we can be in for some
Ride come 2022.

The win was nice but would?ve been sweeter if our best player, D-Dot, played some. I think HOU was shocked he didn?t play, bc they obviously gear their entire defensive plan to stop Dotty.

Yup we won in spite of RJ?s 27 including a game winner and Dot?s Donut šŸ©šŸ˜‚

mafra

Legend
Here's how he described it: "We anticipated their play. They had a successful play on the timeout before where Russ and James got really high (on the floor) and Russ caught the ball and attacked the basket. We kind of adjusted and my thought was to make him change direction. I didn't want him to make an easy layup. He took that shot and missed it. It was a good shot for him, he missed it and we won."

Ntilikina hasn't played with consistency on the offensive end during his first three years in the league, but he's routinely showed that he can defend the perimeter at a high level. That's certainly a valuable trait for a young player. It will be interesting to see how Rose proceeds with Ntilikina. The 22-year-old has been shopped in potential trades at different times in his Knicks tenure.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here's how he described it: "We anticipated their play. They had a successful play on the timeout before where Russ and James got really high (on the floor) and Russ caught the ball and attacked the basket. We kind of adjusted and my thought was to make him change direction. I didn't want him to make an easy layup. He took that shot and missed it. It was a good shot for him, he missed it and we won."

Ntilikina hasn't played with consistency on the offensive end during his first three years in the league, but he's routinely showed that he can defend the perimeter at a high level. That's certainly a valuable trait for a young player. It will be interesting to see how Rose proceeds with Ntilikina. The 22-year-old has been shopped in potential trades at different times in his Knicks tenure.

I hate to ?Knitpick?šŸ¤£ after a win but Frank 1-6 from three damn! At what point do you start to drive to the bucket like RJ did because the Rox have no rim protection. Frank plays adequate defense(Russ just missed that last shot) but Frank was drafted waayyyy to high to be touting his defense. 3 years into Franks NBA career and he still can?t shoot and really has no clue on the offensive end the floor. Hopefully Rose can redo our backcourt in the off-season. Draft the best PG available in the lottery and maybe get free agent help. Package Peyton, Trier, Dot, Bullock, and Knits together and see if you can get a plug nickel for the lot.

Rose was Frank agent until last year. So who would he look out for someone that made him money or some over Hype 'wanna be'? When he does evaluate this team(If he is capable) will he see a bunch of one dimensional players that are flawed on one of the floor or the other?

If Rose is smart he will let the hype continue and come draft night make a deal for whatever you get for him.

The new Knick president may know something about that simple sayings that goes like 'move the needle'!! 'Can he make you win? ' Does he make those around him Better? , etc. These are a few questions you ask about your #3 pick and the answers are Damning!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post

The only consistency the Knicks had as a team the past few seasons were being LOSERS, and receiving top-10 picks in the draft.
In 3 season as a Knicks .. Frank never receive consistent minutes, lineup, or a head-coach.
The Knicks having 4 PG and 5 SG on their roster each of the past 3 seasons did not help Frank or Dotson playing-time growth.
Frank & Trier has showed to be a better Finsher than starter in their rookie season .. Dotson & RJ are the opposite.

I hate to ā€œKnitpickā€�� after a win but Frank 1-6 from three damn! At what point do you start to drive to the bucket like RJ did because the Rox have no rim protection. Frank plays adequate defense(Russ just missed that last shot) but Frank was drafted waayyyy to high to be touting his defense. 3 years into Franks NBA career and he still canā€™t shoot and really has no clue on the offensive end the floor. Hopefully Rose can redo our backcourt in the off-season. Draft the best PG available in the lottery and maybe get free agent help. Package Peyton, Trier, Dot, Bullock, and Knits together and see if you can get a plug nickel for the lot.

RJ & Randle being a ball-hog NUT are something u dont give praise bout, especially at crunch-time. The two players (RJ & Randle) are 1 for 20 driving to the lane in crunch-time games .. Plus RJ & Randle are 50-50 at hitting two FT when they go to the foul in crunch-time.
The reason why Morris offensive performance were a NEED in the Knicks rotation.
Mills/Perry/Fiz/Miller .. Giving Randle-Handle & rookie RJ Barrett the green-light to be 1st & 2nd scoring options has made 4 PG (Kadeem/DSJ/Frank/Payton) look inconsistent throughout the season from Randle & RJ inconsistent offense, and lack of defense.

If you PG is calling for the ball and comes over to you. You give him the ball and look for what play he calling.

The above is about the RJ last basket. He decided to ISO and push off going to the basket but the ref. didn't call it. Wanting to be the Hero with the new boss in the stand. Well the new boss want owe you anything and better hope he isn't like Mills/Perry. If he knows BB then you and all those other odd pieces are in trouble. Always need the ball to be effective if not he disappears.

Just wondering why RJ was on Westbrook? That is his man but Frank was on him. Frank man is Harden!!

What if RJ would have missed that driving layup like he always been doing, or got foul to go to the line to miss a FT shot at crunch-time to lose the game. I'm glad RJ gave the Team-WIN to Frank.
The Knicks 42 losses has a lot to do with RJ & Randle-Handle's 4th quarter Iso hero-ball and poor defensive-effort.

The first game this season, coach Miller only used a 4 guard rotation (Payton/RJ/Frank/Ellington) in a game.
Miller has been playing 5 or more guards in his game rotation.
Last night the tandem guards of Frank & Ellington did a great job together in the 2nd half at holding-off one of the league top tandem scorers Harden & Westbrook who's great at coming from behind to take the lead for the win. Give Frank his PROPS !!!

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
The only consistency the Knicks had as a team the past few seasons were being LOSERS, and receiving top-10 picks in the draft.
In 3 season as a Knicks .. Frank never receive consistent minutes, lineup, or a head-coach.
The Knicks having 4 PG and 5 SG on their roster each of the past 3 seasons did not help Frank or Dotson playing-time growth.
Frank & Trier has showed to be a better Finsher than starter in their rookie season .. Dotson & RJ are the opposite.

RJ & Randle being a ball-hog NUT are something u dont give praise bout, especially at crunch-time. The two players (RJ & Randle) are 1 for 20 driving to the lane in crunch-time games .. Plus RJ & Randle are 50-50 at hitting two FT when they go to the foul in crunch-time.
Mills/Perry/Fiz/Miller .. Giving Randle-Handle & rookie RJ Barrett the green-light to be 1st & 2nd scoring options has made 4 PG (Kadeem/DSJ/Frank/Payton) look inconsistent throughout the season from Randle & RJ inconsistent offense, and lack of defense.

What if RJ would have missed that driving layup like he always been doing, or got foul to go to the line to miss a FT shot at crunch-time to lose the game. I'm glad RJ gave the Team-WIN to Frank.
The Knicks 42 losses has a lot to do with RJ & Randle-Handle's 4th quarter Iso hero-ball and poor defensive-effort.

The first game this season, coach Miller only used a 4 guard rotation (Payton/RJ/Frank/Ellington) in a game.
Last night the tandem guards of Frank & Ellington did a great job together in the 2nd half at holding-off one of the league top tandem scorers Harden & Westbrook who's great at coming from behind to take the lead for the win. Give Frank his PROPS !!![/QUOTE

Our backcourt ā€œheldā€ Harden to and Westbrook to 35 and 24 respectively so ā€œheld offā€ is exactly right because both got off. I canā€™t praise the 7th overall pick in the lottery(Frank) for defense. You donā€™t pick a player that high to play on one end of the floor like Frank. We just have to admit Frank is a a major bust at this point esp. when you factor in Donavan Mitchell was on the board.

Last night the tandem guards of Frank & Ellington did a great job together in the 2nd half at holding-off one of the league top tandem scorers Harden & Westbrook who's great at coming from behind to take the lead for the win. Give Frank his PROPS !!!

Look like you the only person that saw the problems with RJ IZO on that drive. As a coach what should Miller have done before the drive? Yes, called timeout and put RJ butt on the far end of the bench. That is why the PG is in the game to run a PLAY not to IZO!! None of his supporter see a problem... not a one. That is a sad thing because it a team sport not an IZO sport.

None of what you posted is going to make a different in those strongly opinionated of RJ. There isn't any fairness in them. They can't apply the same criticism of Frank, Dotson, and Knox to the hype of RJ. There posts show a definite lack of fairness in regard to other players. Remember they have stuck their neck out so far with Mills/Perry that they have to finish it or look stupid. They can't see being wrong about RJ. In the Memphis game thread there was an admission that there was a drop of talent after Ja was drafted. In one breath you can admit the truth but a day later you back on that hype train for RJ.

Have you notice that NO ONE... repeat...NO ONE of his supporter ever says anything about him playing defense. It only about offense and when it get hot on them they will point to 'Well you know he only 19', poor baby!!!

Maybe one day they will see that the right thing to do was to trade back. I have to admit that it been said that no one call the Knicks about the #3 pick. It still doesn't keep FO from getting on the phone with some other team especially ATL. Would it be better to have 3 picks of this group(Hayes, Paschall, MFiondu Kal, Walker, PJ and White)? Hayes, Paschall and PJ would have been my choices. They would have covered the need of a PF.

Last edited: