Spike Lee: What Happened????

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm kinda out of the loop here in Chicago but what happened to Spike Lee before the Rockets game??? Why is he pissed and not coming to anymore Knicks games this season(besides the fact the team stinks again)???? We have new team president who is supposed to be a marketing guy. Why is this franchise still so tone deaf to its fans? This would be like the Lakers pissing off Jack Nicholson or Dyan Cannon. I'm lost here....part of the reason I became I Knicks fan in the early 90's was because of Spike Lee's support of the team.

It?s stupid. Knicks want Spike to use VIP entrance instead of employee entrance, but seems like they waited until he got to the game to tell him and made a show of refusing him at that entrance.

Last edited:
Reading through some old articles, I guess Spike did come out and support Oakley in 2017.

Belated revenge from Dolan?

Keep Spike, bring back Oakley, get rid of Dolan. Seems simple to me.

Last edited:
Knicks players and coaches, including Mike Miller, reportedly have been making comments in support of Spike.

Spike claims he was once stopped from leaving through an exit right after Howard Stern walked through it.

I look forward to this team being able to acquire only Jewish players in the offseason.

tiger0330

Legend
If it was me, I'd stop coming to MSG and Knicks games period and not just for the rest of the season if I were Spike. If more Knicks fans did that and the attendance numbers and TV ratings were down Dolan might be willing to sell the team.

Oakley said some pretty harsh words on ESPN. Really trying to paint James Dolan in the same racist light as Donald Sterling. Bad situation.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Oakley said some pretty harsh words on ESPN. Really trying to paint James Dolan in the same racist light as Donald Sterling. Bad situation.
Or good situation. Maybe the NBA can put James Dolan under the "Donald Sterling" act and make Dolan sell team! :)

jimkcchief88

All Star
If it was me, I'd stop coming to MSG and Knicks games period and not just for the rest of the season if I were Spike. If more Knicks fans did that and the attendance numbers and TV ratings were down Dolan might be willing to sell the team.

That's true or at least make some changes. I remember years ago when my Chiefs were awful the fans organized a "blackout." They literally showed up to the game all wearing black like it was a funeral and flew banners over the stadium demanding changes. A couple of GM's/Coaches later and we got our first chip in 50 years!

mafra

Legend
Paying a laborer millions isn?t close to being the same as plantation slave labor. I cringe when these things are taken liberally.

With that said, Oakley correct that NBA needs to force a sale here.