gt.png

UTA.gif
at.png
NYK.gif

(38-22) -- (19-42)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Game Preview

Leon Rose's first day as the president of the New York Knicks ended late Monday night with his new employer earning one of its most impressive victories of the season and impacting the Western Conference playoff race in the process. The Knicks will look to repeat recent history Wednesday night, when they host the Utah Jazz at Madison Square Garden.

Both teams were off Tuesday following their wins on Monday. The Knicks raced out to a 21-point, second-quarter lead and staved off a furious rally by the visiting Houston Rockets to hang on for a 125-123 upset. The Jazz embarked upon a four-game Eastern Conference road trip by beating the Cleveland Cavaliers, 126-113.

The win over the Rockets was just the eighth this season for the Knicks over a team currently occupying a playoff spot and came hours after Rose, the former head basketball agent at Creative Artists Agency, met with players shortly after officially taking over as New York's president.

Second-year player Kevin Knox II said the Knicks were invigorated by Rose's speech, during which he said he planned to travel to all road games and that he sympathized with the difficulties that players have endured this season. Three players have endured the deaths of loved ones: Reggie Bullock's sister died, Julius Randle's grandmother passed away and Dennis Smith Jr. lost his stepmother.

In addition, head coach David Fizdale was fired Dec. 6 while previous president Steve Mills was dismissed Feb. 4 as the Knicks (19-42) head towards missing the playoffs for the seventh straight season.

"He's going to work as hard as possible to make the team better," Knox told reporters before the victory over the Rockets. "As a player, that's what you want to hear. He's just here to make us better and the team better. We've been through a lot of ups and downs this year -- coaching changes, president changes, family tragedies. He wants to stick with us, make sure we get better as a team. Obviously, we're tired of losing. I think he's going in the right direction."

The Knicks' victory helped out the Jazz (38-22), who moved within a game of the Rockets (39-21) in the race for the fourth seed in the Western Conference and home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

New York's upset of the Rockets might also serve as an additional wakeup call to the Jazz, whose defensive issues continued against the Cavaliers. Utah has allowed at least 113 points in six straight games and nine of the last 10 overall, a span in which it has gone 6-4.

"We gave up 113 points, in the last game (a 129-119 victory over the Washington Wizards on Friday), they had 119, so we still have work to do," Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell told reporters afterward. "Obviously, we're happy with the wins, but for us to really get over that hump and (get) where we really want to be, we've got to hold teams a little lower than that."

Mitchell's run of four straight 30-point efforts reached an end as he had 19 against Cleveland.

Forward Bojan Bogdanovic recorded 28 points, seven rebounds and six assists. He made five 3-pointers and is 9 of 19 from behind the arc over the past two games.

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... I'm looking forward to the rematch of Frank vs Mitchell, and MitchRob vs Gobert.
Will Payton performance tonight out-perform Mudiay?
Or will Conley have a season high on us tonight?
Will Miller stick to just playing a 10 Man rotation playing only 4 guards in the rotation?

Kiyaman

Legend
I think MRob is out for tonight game.

Wish we had kept Mudiay. How do you let go your only success from last year?

The way Clarkson been playing i doubt Mudiay come off the bench .. I only mention Mudiay vs Payton in my previous thread to find out if anyone been watching how well Mudiay improve under coach Quin Snyder

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm looking/hoping coach Miller put that same dynamic 4th qtr. lineup he played in the Rockets Game on the court tonight .. Frank Ellington Harkless Portis Gibson, and 6th man MitchRob. I would rather see a experience winning PF Gibson on the court in the 4th quarter, then a clumsy Randle-Handle dribbling towards three defenders in the lane to average 4 turnovers a game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 54 - Jazz 64 .... I'm missing MitchRob !!!
A Knick game without MitchRob are ???

Question for coach Miller .. Why are u playing Bullock, when Dotson or Trier could do 10 times better in the rotation.
Bullock's performance belong on the bench the rest of the season. Poor poor decision making from Knicks head-coach Miller.
Develop the Knicks young player coach by giving them Playing-Time !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 84 - Jazz 104 .. 7 min remain in Game .. Time to go .. I will admitt I didnt like any of the lineups Miller put out on the court tonight

Never really seemed to be a threat to the Jazz in the 2nd half. 30 point game and double double for Randle in the losing effort.

Kiyaman

Legend
Playing-Time the remaining 21 games .... should be given to all the young-core players, and veteran-keepers.
Veteran role-players ....
Ellington is a shooter having experience-defensive effort in his performance to receive 15+ minute per game.
Harkless bring hustle and energy on both sides of the court to receive 24+ minute per game.
Portis has become a inconsistent high scoring big-man receiving 20+ minute per game.
Gibson high IQ vets performance is a KEEPER to receive 24+ minute.
Bullock's performance has not complimented the team or teammates in any way ..
Bullock or Dotson?
Bullock or Trier?

Payton & RJ & Randle played for stats throughout the Jazz game .. the trio performed the same isolation-individual performance Fizdale coached.