Game Thread: New York Knicks vs ATL Hawks 7:30p 3/11/2020 [Game #66]

tiger0330

Legend
Plenty of fans attending the game. Unreal the NCAA has decided they won't have fans attending March Madness, going to be weird watching the games on TV without the ctazy college crowds, cheer leaders without fans is going to look bizarre.
Gobert tested positive for the Corona virus. Just unreal the news that the NBA has suspended their season. Economic impact of this virus will be devastating with unprecedented actions like the NCAA and NBA. Saw pictures of Italy and no one is in the streets where they are usually mobbed.

mafra

Legend
Here in OR, Oregon St cancelled classes rest of semester... only online courses...

Trump announced a 30-day ban on travel.

This is crazy

tiger0330

Legend
Here in OR, Oregon St cancelled classes rest of semester... only online courses...

Trump announced a 30-day ban on travel.

This is crazy
I would expect that the NCAA will soon be suspending the tourney instead of playing the games without fans as previously announced. Seems Tom Hanks and his wife were also diagnosed with corona, probably got it traveling since they’re in Australia now. That’s going to curtail travel big time, you would think long trips in confined places like cruise ships, airplanes is a multiplier of your chances to get the virus. Good chance that’s where someone like Gobert may have caught it if he didn’t have visitors from Europe over recently.

Jazz played 5 teams in the last 10 days (including Knicks) and those teams were all told to self quarantine players. Then you figure all the teams those 5 teams played recently. NBA had no choice but to suspend season.

tiger0330

Legend
Jazz played 5 teams in the last 10 days (including Knicks) and those teams were all told to self quarantine players. Then you figure all the teams those 5 teams played recently. NBA had no choice but to suspend season.
A necessary precaution no doubt but still surreal and unprecedented. Trump’s ban on travel to Europe excluding England makes no sense, like England isn’t part of Europe. Kim called him a dotard and he was right.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Emotional game ending with Vince taking one last shot.
--
The outbreak is real and it's a thing to be frighten of, don't wanna push the panic button but the situation has gone out of control for quite some time now. Gobert was tested positive, that means that most likely the whole Jazz team got the virus. Depending on when he got it, all the other opponents of the Jazz got it (including the Knicks) and probably their opponents' opponents. This sport is very prone to this virus since everyone is touching the same object, i'd be really stunned if the spread is isolated..

@tiger not sure if just England was spared or all the non-schengen states.

I hope everybody's taking care of himself and his loved ones, stay safe.

Hey rady,
Was at the game in ATL. The crowd was chanting for Hawks coach to put Vince in the game. Not only taking the last shot but also hitting the last shot. VERY NICE MOMENT!!!

Thanks for overview of this current situation. You also stay safe and take care of your family and yourself.

Thank Again!!!

BTW, saw Rose and Perry at the game last night. Usher wouldn't let me go down to talk with them. The Usher was Chicken s__t not like the ones I came in contact before at the Hawk's game. Was planning on bring back a very interesting discussion with Rose. Sorry!!!

Did anyone see Trier on the bench? I counted everybody but him.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey rady,
Was at the game in ATL. The crowd was chanting for Hawks coach to put Vince in the game. Not only taking the last shot but also hitting the last shot. VERY NICE MOMENT!!!

Thanks for overview of this current situation. You also stay safe and take care of your family and yourself.

Thank Again!!!
My brother lived in Sugar Hill and Cumming before moving to FL. Visited GA many times. You anywhere there Dark?

mafra

Legend
26-5-4-2-1 line for RJ (9-14 shooting). Randle making us forget KP w/ 33-11-3-1-1... Knox made a few shots, EP decent enough... MRob with 16-6...

Frank 8-4-2-1 and 1-7 shooting.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hey rady,
Wow, that's a memory that will probably be with you for the rest of your life given the context!
Anyway, apparently Donovan Mitchell is the only other Jazz player that was also tested positive for the covid19, i must say i'm surprised and a bit relieved to learn about it. But by next week we'll have a bigger picture on what's this league going through.

My brother lived in Sugar Hill and Cumming before moving to FL. Visited GA many times. You anywhere there Dark?

Yeah tiger,

Was in FL before moving to Cumming. To be honest, wish I was back in FL. If you can come to the ATL next year for a Knicks game then lets go to the game together.

There was no reason for RJ to be in the 4th quarter last night except to pad the stat's. I was wondering why he came back into the game then I figured it out. Hawk's weren't playing much defense and this was a perfect time for him to pad the stat's. Plus they must have gotten the word that this was going to be the last game. So there you have it for him being in the game in the 4th quarter with us having a big lead. The game change the moment he came back in and the Hawk's tied the game.

Oh Yeah, to me Randle hit 3 or 4 big shots in 4th and overtime. I was pulling for the Hawk's to win... because of draft positioning.

One other thing... in the overtime period RJ got a foul call on him. It was his 1st foul of the game!!! HIS FIRST!! Randle had 5, Frank had 4, Payton had 4... I think(Frank & Payton). Well, you see where I'm going with this don't you.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah tiger,

Was in FL before moving to Cumming. To be honest, wish I was back in FL. If you can come to the ATL next year for a Knicks game then lets go to the game together.
I visit my brother in Florida now when I'm down there. Cumming is a nice place, I hate the traffic but some nice public golf courses. Played at the Hampton Golf course when I was down there. Do you drive to State Farm? I used to take MARTA from the airport and my brother or his wife would pick me up at the last stop because they hated dealing with the traffic to pick me up at the airport.

tiger0330

Legend
I would expect that the NCAA will soon be suspending the tourney instead of playing the games without fans as previously announced. Seems Tom Hanks and his wife were also diagnosed with corona, probably got it traveling since they?re in Australia now. That?s going to curtail travel big time, you would think long trips in confined places like cruise ships, airplanes is a multiplier of your chances to get the virus. Good chance that?s where someone like Gobert may have caught it if he didn?t have visitors from Europe over recently.
They called off the tourney. Someone came to their senses.

I visit my brother in Florida now when I'm down there. Cumming is a nice place, I hate the traffic but some nice public golf courses. Played at the Hampton Golf course when I was down there. Do you drive to State Farm? I used to take MARTA from the airport and my brother or his wife would pick me up at the last stop because they hated dealing with the traffic to pick me up at the airport.

Oh No!! don't drive to State Farm. Traffic isn't getting any better so if it was bad then just think of what it is now.

Yeah, MARTA to the airport is the way to go. North Spring is the last station on the Red Line.