Coronavirus outbreak

tiger0330

Legend
Curious why they didn’t name the 3 other Nets that tested positive even though they gave details that only one has symptoms.

Kiyaman

Legend
Read Trump tried to negotiate a vaccine contract with a German company named Curevac exclusively for US use. What an idiot this President is, people all over the world are dying from this virus and he wants it exclusively for the US. It?s a credible story also because a German investor who owns an 80% interest in Curevac said the company called him when Trump contacted the company and asked him his opinion and he told them a German company should not be producing a vaccine that would only be for Americans.

Pathetic excuse for a human being

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eo-trump-pandemic-team-cut-2018-a9405191.html
A video has emerged of Donald Trump talking about cutting the US pandemic response team in 2018 ? days after claiming that he knew nothing about the disbanded White House unit.
Mr Trump said of the pandemic team that ?some of the people we?ve cut they haven?t been used for many, many years and if we ever need them we can get them very quickly and rather then spending the money?.

?I?m a business person, I don?t like having thousands of people around when you don?t need them,? he added.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm in Germany and it is a true story. Right after he actually met with Trump White House people, he got sacked. The dumbest part is that this company closely cooperates with a German Institute which is 100 per cent state funded and Germany could always veto anything. Thank goodness those evil clowns are grossly incompetent.

To share a Little bit of info on this.
The guy who owns most of the shares of the company CureVac is Dietmar Hopp the founder of SAP and a pretty social person. He has been very clear that there will not be any restrictions in terms of availability of a vaccine developed by the team there. Its gonna be used inter-nationally! Also he said that there is a vaccine expected to be available in Fall this year .. which is quicker than most ppl have expected!

So thats good news. Lets hope its true!

Here's a post from a guy in Germany ....
Since this has been solely on the US at this point let me briefly give you guys a short summary on what is happening here in Germany at the moment. Hope its interesting and helpful since we seem to be a little ahead of your guys in terms of the spread of the virus - of course nobody can really tell due to the testing issues in the US. :-/

We had up until yesterday 4383 diagnosed cases and 12 death.
We are roughly 8 days behind in the curve in comparison to Italy.
At this point the rate of death to diagnosed seems to be lower than in Italy and some other countries but this probably still is because we are "early" in the curve and the medical system in Germany is a little better suited with intensive care units etc.

Government has reacted by a partial lockdown in most areas.
Schools and Kindergardens are all closed, ppl are asked to work from home when possible.
Only grocery stores, Pharmacies and banks are basically open.
Ppl are asked to execute social distancing... but honestly... its a so so success in terms of compliance.
In Berlin for example 50 cases were diagnosed after a gourp of ppl infected each other in a club...
Who the **** is clubbing now?!?!

tiger0330

Legend
So is Chandler one of the 4 that was reported to have the virus or is he a new case and he makes 5? All teams should be reporting the names of the players and whether they have symptoms or not.

Why its important is Chandler tweeted that his apartment management asked him to avoid all the common areas of his building to avoid spreading the virus. If people weren't aware he had it they couldn't issue this precaution to him.

Wait a minute. Who said Wilson Chandler tested positive? Wasn?t the whole point of why he was outraged that he is not positive, but he was told to avoid common areas of apartment building because of the news that other Nets had tested positive?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...ment-managers-request-coronavirus/2869411001/

It hasn't been confirmed if he was tested positive or not, but IMO that's not the point. If you know you have team mates that were tested positive you should just assume that it is possible (and even probable) you might also have it and stay in isolation for a couple of weeks. It helps not only you to contain the virus case you have it or to protect yourself case you haven't got it but you also protect everybody else around you. What people fail to understand is that they can't expect authorities to take care of them while they go ahead with their everyday life. Those who have the possibility of staying isolated they should just do it plain and simple. Confirmed or unconfirmed. The military WILL eventually enforce this. Those who don't have the possibility should be very open to social distancing and personal hygiene
Bottom line: You are the FIRST responsible to protect yourself, contain the virus and stop the spread.

They were all tested. If he is not one of the 4 who tested positive, he tested negative and is asymptomatic. If he has been away from his teammates for at least 5 days, putting restrictions on him that aren?t on other residents of his building is not fair. If anything, the whole building should be avoiding common areas, not just him.

mafra

Legend
My bad, then. Just read headline where WC was upset with apartment management for things.... including ?not asking if he?s Ok.? I just assumed he tested positive.

Man, these spoiled modern NBA players.... is he that clueless what?s happening? His feelings hurt... it?s not about you Wilson!!! Newsflash: Name an HOA that cares about a resident/tenant?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Members of NBA who tested positive for coronavirus:

• Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz -- Diagnosis announced on March 11
  • Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz -- Diagnosis announced on March 12
  • Christian Wood, Detroit Pistons -- Diagnosis announced on March 14
  • Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets -- Diagnosis announced on March 17
  • Three unnamed players, Brooklyn Nets -- Diagnosis announced on March 17
  • One unnamed member of organization, Denver Nuggets -- Diagnosis announced on March 19
  • Three unnamed members of organization, Philadelphia 76ers -- Diagnosis announced on March 19
  • Two unnamed players, Los Angeles Lakers -- Diagnosis reported on March 19
  • Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics -- Diagnosis announced on March 19

It's just amazing how lightly some people take this. I'm looking at the numbers of active cases in the US, almost 15.000! That's crazy, but what's even crazier is that the number is doubling every couple of days! That's one of the fastest growing rates (Italy for example doubles its active cases every five days). If actions are not taken URGENT in 12 days there will be close to a million people infected. New York is currently shaping as the core of the outbreak, any restrictions taken over there?
Stay safe, everybody!

mafra

Legend
I'm in Germany and it is a true story. Right after he actually met with Trump White House people, he got sacked. The dumbest part is that this company closely cooperates with a German Institute which is 100 per cent state funded and Germany could always veto anything. Thank goodness those evil clowns are grossly incompetent.

And to think US taxpayers shelled out 700 millions dollars researching this virus (since the SARS outbreak).

tiger0330

Legend

• One unnamed member of organization, Denver Nuggets -- Diagnosis announced on March 19
  • Three unnamed members of organization, Philadelphia 76ers -- Diagnosis announced on March 19

It's just amazing how lightly some people take this. I'm looking at the numbers of active cases in the US, almost 15.000! That's crazy, but what's even crazier is that the number is doubling every couple of days! That's one of the fastest growing rates (Italy for example doubles its active cases every five days). If actions are not taken URGENT in 12 days there will be close to a million people infected. New York is currently shaping as the core of the outbreak, any restrictions taken over there?
Stay safe, everybody!
I don't get why some of the names haven't been disclosed and some are. NBA policy should be to disclose all names and whether they have symptoms or not imo.

Kiyaman

Legend

Stay safe, everybody!

It's Bad .. when u have millions of New Yorkers moving around as if business as usual .. when this Corona-virus has been put into motion in several countries traveling-basses, and airports in early January/February. That's why the growing rate of this Corona-virus will keep doubling during the March/April Panic. A cure for this VIRUS is needed ASAP for FREE !!!

I have spoke with several nurses who has refuse to give the Corona-virus test to patients for fear of not having a body-suit for themselves

Last edited:

pat

Starter
I got that sh... . I am at home and doing better now, but I can tell you it is nothing to mess with. And I am 40 and in good shape. Even "mild" cases are a real pain. Stay at home.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
You got infected, pat? How did you get it? How long did it take to recover from it? What treatment were you given? It's great to hear that you're doing better now, hopefully you can't get infected again..

Our country is now officially in a lock-down, with military starting to patrol the streets of all cities as of less than 3 hours ago. People can only go out strictly for food, medicine, see a doctor or support an elderly person.
People older than 65 are allowed to go out only between 11am and 1 pm, and strictly for shopping. We're still conducting very little testing, we got to 1.000 tests per day and trying to push for 2.000. Our number of confirmed cases is still low but that's only because of the lack of testing.

What's the situation where you're from?

tiger0330

Legend
I got that sh... . I am at home and doing better now, but I can tell you it is nothing to mess with. And I am 40 and in good shape. Even "mild" cases are a real pain. Stay at home.
Take care of yourself. That’s what I’ve been hearing that it’s somewhere between a bad cold and flu with a fever and the doctors just send you home saying if it gets worse “come back and see me”.

KAT announced his mom and dad got it. His dad is now home self isolating but his mom is now in a medically induced coma. Says take this seriously and isolate yourself as much as possible.

https://youtu.be/0kwI3Pl85Vc

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I fell ill a month ago. After about 10 days I went in to get inhaler. They tested me and I was positive for Flu (A strain). Wasn?t the flu that was bad but it was worst case of prolonged congestion I?ve ever experienced.

I am asthmatic and born with a deviated septum.

Even now, a month later, I lose my breath tying my shoelaces. Makes me wonder...

pat

Starter
I'm in Germany. My daughter brought it home from kindergarten when they were still open. She had a minor cough. I've in quarantine with my family for more than a week. Some of our neighbours are doing the shopping, dropping it in front of our door, and we reimburse them via paypal. Quarantine is the right thing to do, but also you just have to. If they check on you and you are outside you face € 25k in fines or up to three years in prison. I haven't got a fever, but I never get one. I it is a really strange feeling. My throat feels as if it is on fire and it slowly creeps down towards your chest and you hope that your immune-system will have developed antibodies once it reaches your lungs. It seems like mine has done so since this has been going on for more than a week and I start getting better. My wife has it as well, but she hasn't developed any symptoms at all. Thank goodness. Germany is testing the sh... out of this thing. We have a lot of cases, but relatively few deaths which suggests we catch a lot of cases, running between 130k and 140k tests per week. If you had contact with somebody who was tested positive, you will be quarantined immediately, and they will show up in the next two days. It then takes between two and three more days for the results. If you are positive, you are locked down until the symptoms are gone +14 days. For those not infected or not tested, they are allowed to go out only for shopping, or to do some running or cycling (individually or with the people in your household).

pat

Starter
I fell ill a month ago. After about 10 days I went in to get inhaler. They tested me and I was positive for Flu (A strain). Wasn’t the flu that was bad but it was worst case of prolonged congestion I’ve ever experienced.

I am asthmatic and born with a deviated septum.

Even now, a month later, I lose my breath tying my shoelaces. Makes me wonder...

Please stay in. If your lung hasn't fully recovered and you contract this stuff ... Man, you definitely don't want that.