Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rose did something PHIL didnít do.... get Mills out of the kitchen! In 2014, Gaines and Jax took CleAntthony Early over Nikola Jokic and Jordan Clarkson! Total failure. Not to mention Joe Harris went 1 pick ahead... Talent everywhere around that pick, and we grabbed a stiff.

First of all Mills got fired before Rose was hired. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    If Joe Harris was picked before Early how would we have gotten him? It wasn't liked he was drafted after Early. So I miss your point. As for Jokic this was the 2nd round and all 30 some team pass on him and Clark at least once. So are those team dumber than Phil and Gaines?

12th man

Awkward Leon Rose dynamic at center of Knicksí Frank Ntilikina dilemma
    NY Post (Marc Berman) ó The Knicks point guard Frank Ntilikina is in an awkward spot once again. The president who could decide his...
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/awkwar...ikina-dilemma/

Ntilikina, who has survived three Knicks presidents and three Knicks head-coaches, in three Knicks seasons, may receive the KP treatment of being traded during the off-season to have a 50-50 chance in landing in a winning organization.

If the Knicks are smart... they should use next year as a year to truly evaluate their talent.

Frank, DSJ, RJ, Knox, MRob, Randle. All 6 are under contract... if they are here come September... then this should be 6/10 rotation guys... and they should get serious burn.

We also have 3 draft picks. Iíd use back 2 to trade up... grab 2 guys in top 22? Thereís also free agency to add to this stable (Joe Harris?).

Keep Harkless, Bullock, Ellington as vey end-of-bench depth.

Sink or swim kids. This way, wins wonít matter. Only development. If they canít compete for the 8th seed... then we know what to do in 2021.

Agree with trying to get 2 guys in top 22. This is a weak draft with only two players that I think we should go very hard after. Wiseman and Edward would solve(to me) a couple of problems. One is that Wiseman could be a transformative type player at the PF(7'1"). This solve last year problem and the need for a player of his caliber. We must keep Wiseman out of the Warriors hand. Edward would solve this year problem of needing a scorer(3 pt shooter) at the SG. Since Ellington, Bullock and RJ didn't solve that last season. Now the question is how to accomplish this feat of getting both? Let hope for the draft god to show us some mercy and luck up on the lst overall pick. Then you have to figure out how to get another pick within the top 3. For that to happen the Clippers 1st round and players would have to be offered. Definitely can't offer MRob so that leave only RJ. I don't think nobody would be interested in the 2nd rounder of this weak draft. Maybe someone with the #2 or #3 would be foolish enough to take that trade.

Now if can pull that off then the team is headed into a very different direction. Just think with the addition of Wiseman and Edward to the roster. Maybe a starting lineup of:

MRob… C
    Wiseman... PF
    Knox.... SF
    Edward or Dotson... SG
    Frank.... PG
    With Randle, Bobby P., Trier and hopefully the resigning of MM, Mudiay and Kornet. At this point you finish building on the(that word) Chemistry by bring back those from the 2018 roster.

Now this isn't going to happen unless there is a Real BB person hired and Perry is fired. Perry must go if we are to move in the right direction.

I think we have to look at Wiseman... if heís arguably best player in the draft.... we would be foolish to pass on him without doing our due diligence.

We need a big to compliment MRob... Randle is more of a 6th man bench player type. Yes prefer Wiseman over paying big bucks for Drummond.

Iím hopeful we pursue a trade for Lauri Markkanen, even if that means using our lottery pick. This guy and Joe Harris is just what we need... shooting!!!
    Last edited by mafra; Today at 01:24.