Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Big week for Leon Rose, huh?

He took over in March, and now 8 months later, he’s poised to start making things happen.

Monday trades are allowed and WED is the draft and next weekend free agency begins.

8 months of preparation...

Let’s
    See
    What
    He’ll
    Do
    ???
    Channing Frye was all in on the Knicks getting Russ. I could see a deal for him for JR Payton DSJ Ellington and Dallas pick(s) for Russ and Ben Mclemore.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Nov 15, 2020 at 10:21.

Yeah, that would be interesting... I see-saw back and forth on this. To me, if we are taking back the bad contract then we should get the pick. I wouldn’t trade them a pick... I don’t want RW that bad.

But if we get another player?

IDK.

I feel like there are easier ways to make us competitive, without having to watch Melo 2.0 era.

12th man

One of the things Frye was talking about with Russ is he's an alpha dog. If the Knicks want to change their culture they could use a guy like RW who is going to lead and hold guys accountable, Melo was never that guy with the Knicks. Also compare his numbers to Kemba last year, they were better in most areas other than 3pt and FT, so if his game is declining it hasn't happened yet and maybe doesn't happen until his contract is up. Rose isn't going to do what Dolan did in giving away the store to get Melo, if he can't make good deal for him it won't happen.

Also said the Rox were a team in flux which is confirmed by Rivers saying he was not picking up his option and Tucker reportedly not happy with his contract. They may need to pull off a multi-player deal for Russ to replace the guys they are going to lose this off-season.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Nov 15, 2020 at 16:41.

Im hoping we dont make a move for Westbrook to be honest. He is talented and still very athletic but he's one of the most delusional basketball players I have ever seen and is terrible in the playoffs. Hes certainly been on the decline, his prime was mid 2010's. His game will get a little uglier to watch each year

I just want to see us draft someone that has some value and can be a fixture in the Knicks rotation. You can't expect an all star with the 8th pick but I would gladly take a really good valuable role player

12th man

Linsanity 2. The guy is looking for another opportunity in the NBA, he's cheap, he might sell tickets. Winning doesn't seem in the picture for the Knicks to generate some excitement maybe JLin will.

I wonder if Dan said NO to Lin? I would think he’s the better option over EP!

I am quite excited to see the ball in the hands of a bigger dude like Obi

Seen too many PG try and fail!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Linsanity 2. The guy is looking for another opportunity in the NBA, he's cheap, he might sell tickets. Winning doesn't seem in the picture for the Knicks to generate some excitement maybe JLin will.
    JLin going full circle in his career returning to his first NBA team and his Bay Area home with him reportedly signing a GLeague deal with the Warriors.