Here's the Stand-Out We should shop for in Draft .. Saddiq Bey

Look like a very good player. Question: Where is he projected in the draft? high, mid, low or 2nd? Do you think he can play the SG?

Now I been had my eye on Myles Powell out of Seton Hall since last season. This kid is 6'2" PG. He isn't someone that I would target normally. It something special about him to me. He has an intangible that makes him a winner.

Kiyaman

Legend
Every thing u see in Saddiq Bey's performance are what we Knicks fans been looking for/from the 2 season of Keven Knox performance.
Saddiq's offensive performance has a skill/rhythm that will welcome a lot of our young-core players talent.

I believe 75% of the PG in any NBA draft (Myles Powell) need to be selected by NBA teams having a proven starter PG on the roster to guide the PG rookie growth.

The Knicks organization are not in a position to select a PG out of the 2020 NBA draft, having a interim head-coach, a new 3 to 4 yr president, a puppet GM, plus a roster of players without chemistry or a B.Ball plan.
The Knicks been looking for a decent starter PG since the 2010 Plan when they sign Felton for a few months to trade him for a 8 yr disaster of individual-stat ISO-Melo performance.
When u look at the NBA consistent lottery teams the first thing u notice are the Lottery team has a rookie or poor leadership PG running the point for 30+ minute per game, just like our Knicks.
The first lesson I learned bout getting a NBA Championship .. In 1968 the Knicks went directly to the FA market to sign an experience PG Earl the Pearl Monroe to guide the Knicks to two championships in 1969-71.

tiger0330

Legend
Look like a very good player. Question: Where is he projected in the draft? high, mid, low or 2nd? Do you think he can play the SG?

Now I been had my eye on Myles Powell out of Seton Hall since last season. This kid is 6'2" PG. He isn't someone that I would target normally. It something special about him to me. He has an intangible that makes him a winner.
Saw one mock where he goes mid-second round (41) and another 14. Doesn’t project to have high upside it looks like. A guy I like that projects to go late 1st is Kira Lewis, l’d take a shot at him with our other 1st, the one we got for Mook, if he’s available.

Speaking of Mook, there was talk of trading him and then bringing him back in FA, nothing concrete but I don’t think we’ll look to re-sign him.

Saw one mock where he goes mid-second round (41) and another 14. Doesn?t project to have high upside it looks like. A guy I like that projects to go late 1st is Kira Lewis, l?d take a shot at him with our other 1st, the one we got for Mook, if he?s available.

Speaking of Mook, there was talk of trading him and then bringing him back in FA, nothing concrete but I don?t think we?ll look to re-sign him.

Correct, saw the same evaluation about Powell upside not being high. Not should if it because of his age or what. I saw a winner in him that not in all player. IMO!

Lewis is an Avery Johnson player just like Sexton. As you well know Avery is a Ben Jobe (Former Scout for the Knicks)( S.U, Ala A&M and Tuskegee{I think}) player. He is a Guard coach just like the late Ben Jobe. All of these player are cut from the same cloth. Fast PG with a purpose of pushing the ball up the floor and attacking the defense. Haven't seen any clips on him so I'm in the dark(get it 'Dark'). I'll try to find some.

Every thing u see in Saddiq Bey's performance are what we Knicks fans been looking for/from the 2 season of Keven Knox performance.
Saddiq's offensive performance has a skill/rhythm that will welcome a lot of our young-core players talent.

I believe 75% of the PG in any NBA draft (Myles Powell) need to be selected by NBA teams having a proven starter PG on the roster to guide the PG rookie growth.

The Knicks organization are not in a position to select a PG out of the 2020 NBA draft, having a interim head-coach, a new 3 to 4 yr president, a puppet GM, plus a roster of players without chemistry or a B.Ball plan.
The Knicks been looking for a decent starter PG since the 2010 Plan when they sign Felton for a few months to trade him for a 8 yr disaster of individual-stat ISO-Melo performance.
When u look at the NBA consistent lottery teams the first thing u notice are the Lottery team has a rookie or poor leadership PG running the point for 30+ minute per game, just like our Knicks.
The first lesson I learned bout getting a NBA Championship .. In 1968 the Knicks went directly to the FA market to sign an experience PG Earl the Pearl Monroe to guide the Knicks to two championships in 1969-71.

There two 'C' word I love to hear when talking about the Knicks. They are 'Chemistry' and 'Championships'!! Nobody in this forum uses those two words much be me now you. It said you haven't lost what we play the season for. Very good observation of Lottery teams and poor leadership.

Powell was just someone that has been in my head since seeing him last season. Was surprise he didn't come out being a weak draft for PG.

Filling the roster with young players that are hungry and want to play hard. Good all round players that can make a 15 to 20 ft jumper(not necessary a 3). Fundamentally sound like Dotson. If I could get one F.A. this season it would be Cousins. Again a gamble but this wouldn't be expensive.

tiger0330

Legend
There two 'C' word I love to hear when talking about the Knicks. They are 'Chemistry' and 'Championships'!! Nobody in this forum uses those two words much be me now you. It said you haven't lost what we play the season for. Very good observation of Lottery teams and poor leadership.

Powell was just someone that has been in my head since seeing him last season. Was surprise he didn't come out being a weak draft for PG.

Filling the roster with young players that are hungry and want to play hard. Good all round players that can make a 15 to 20 ft jumper(not necessary a 3). Fundamentally sound like Dotson. If I could get one F.A. this season it would be Cousins. Again a gamble but this wouldn't be expensive.
Now with the NBA season looking like it might be cancelled including the playoffs, it gives Cousins another chance to sign with the Lakers to win his ring. The guy is not signing with the Knicks unless they want to give him a 60M deal. That's 2 years in a row he's tried to front run for his championship hopes, maybe he signs with the Clips next, Mook might not be with the Clips next year so I think they could use Cuz if Mook doesn't return.

Now with the NBA season looking like it might be cancelled including the playoffs, it gives Cousins another chance to sign with the Lakers to win his ring. The guy is not signing with the Knicks unless they want to give him a 60M deal. That's 2 years in a row he's tried to front run for his championship hopes, maybe he signs with the Clips next, Mook might not be with the Clips next year so I think they could use Cuz if Mook doesn't return.

Your points are well taken. OK, then who is the cornerstone player we go after if not Cousins? Tell me somebody that will sign? Let hope that MM does resign. Lakers have gut a the center position and the word was Cousins is out. How did you come up 60 million deal to get him to Knicks? Let's make it attractive for sign a one year then add a 2nd year if things go right. BONUS... He becomes the DARLING of New York and not have share the limelight with L.B and A.D.

tiger0330

Legend
Your points are well taken. OK, then who is the cornerstone player we go after if not Cousins? Tell me somebody that will sign? Let hope that MM does resign. Lakers have gut a the center position and the word was Cousins is out. How did you come up 60 million deal to get him to Knicks? Let's make it attractive for sign a one year then add a 2nd year if things go right. BONUS... He becomes the DARLING of New York and not have share the limelight with L.B and A.D.
60M the same number it took to get JR and the same neighborhood as THJ. Not going to get that from the Knicks but to get him here it’s going to have to be more than the Clips/Lakers can offer, maybe a one year 15/20M deal would be enough but he’d be the type of guy Hollinger in that Athletic article I posted said we shouldn’t sign, vets on 1 year deals when we need to be building a team for the future, guys 25-26 years old just entering their prime.

60M the same number it took to get JR and the same neighborhood as THJ. Not going to get that from the Knicks but to get him here it’s going to have to be more than the Clips/Lakers can offer, maybe a one year 15/20M deal would be enough but he’d be the type of guy Hollinger in that Athletic article I posted said we shouldn’t sign, vets on 1 year deals when we need to be building a team for the future, guys 25-26 years old just entering their prime.

I agree with you on the assessment. Again, who is out there outside of Cousins that could be a possible cornerstone piece for the Knicks. Cousins isn't going to get a huge contract/multi year deal from anybody. So would his future look brighter in NY than LA?

tiger0330

Legend
Here’s a kid I am not particularly high on but is mentioned as the Knicks lottery pick.

Why Killian Hayes is NBA lottery talent and could be the Knicks pick in the draft

GettyImages-1180769009-1024x683.jpg

By Mike Vorkunov Apr 9, 2020
comment-icon@2x.png
save-icon@2x.png

Editor’s note: We want to get a good idea of where Knicks fans stand after so much turnover in the organization this season. We need your help. Please fill out our questionnaire here to let us know the state of the fan base.
Jaka Lakovic was unrelenting in his first training camp as the new coach of Ratiopharm Ulm, a first-division team in Ulm, Germany. His practices ran long, usually three to four hours at a time. Even he admits it was as if he was stacking two practices into one.
It was also the first training camp for his new point guard, Killian Hayes, a precocious 18-year-old who had recently arrived to the organization and to the city. Despite Hayes’ youth, Lakovic was ready to entrust his team to him. But, Lakovic told him, Hayes needed to eat a good breakfast. His practices were tiring and energy was a necessity.
Hayes insisted that he had been, though he was eating only cereal. Lakovic said he needed to eat better when Ulm was working for so long. Hayes agreed, except, he told his coach there was one issue: He did not know how to make an omelet.
“At the end of the day, you go home and you think that you put a lot of pressure, a lot of responsibility on his shoulders,” Lakovic said. “In the end, he’s a young kid who doesn’t know how to cook an omelet.
“You can see in what kind of adversity he was in. A challenge which he surpassed. He wants everything. Not only basketball wise. Not only my pressure as a coach. Also pressure from life itself. He was great at that.”
At some point, the NBA will have an offseason, and it will have a draft, and one team, somewhere in the lottery, will take Hayes. He has embedded himself as a top-10 pick — he is ranked No. 6 in The Athletic’s latest Big Board — thanks to an intriguing combination of size, playmaking and shooting skill.
He may even become the Knicks’ latest attempt to solve their long-term hole at point guard as they try to rejuvenate the franchise. They were among the teams to send someone to watch Hayes this season, his first playing outside of France. The Knicks have devoted resources to the position — drafting Frank Ntilikina eighth in 2017 and trading for Dennis Smith Jr. last year as part of the Kristaps Porzingis deal — but they remain bereft of answer there for the future. Although Ntilikina has shown promise, next season will be the last of his rookie deal. Smith had a very disappointing first full season in New York.
The Knicks will have a lottery pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the first run by new president Leon Rose, who is not tied to any player currently on the roster. They have a 9 percent chance of winning the lottery, a 37.2 percent chance of getting a top four pick, and there is a 50.4 chance they pick seventh or eighth.
Hayes, at 6-foot-5, would make for an interesting solution for New York or any other team. He has the size to be a lead guard and has shown that he could become a shooter; Hayes hit 12 of 55 3s in 20 games in the Bundesliga and 16 of 41 in 10 EuroCup games and shot 86.7 percent from the free throw line along all competitions. Born in Florida, Hayes grew up playing basketball in France because his father was a professional player Unlike most European prospects entering the draft, Hayes comes in with experience. He started all 30 games at Ulm this season and played 34 games for Cholet last season in France’s ProA League, averaging about 20 minutes per night while still just 17. Lakovic handed him the reins at Ulm immediately, and Hayes was the team’s only point guard early on with his backup injured in the preseason.
“All the pressure, all the demands fell on him,” Lakovic said. “He was handling this at 18 years old extremely well. Being coachable. Never having any problems with him. He did a lot of work by himself. I was extremely demanding and I think it helped him in a good way just becoming a better player, better leader, and of course off the court matured as a person.”
Lakovic would sometimes drive home from practice and think back on the sessions he had led, considering all the responsibility he was handing his young point guard so early in his career and life. He knew no other way. He too was a point guard and had been put under a similar pressure during a professional career that spanned two decades, where he starred at Panathinaikos and played alongside Ricky Rubio and Juan Carlos Navarro on the EuroLeague-winning Barcelona team in 2010.
Lakovic was impressed by Hayes’ maturity and his improvement over the course of the season. In Hayes, he sees a tall point guard with strong playmaking skills and the ability to score. He pushed Ulm to play fast, with Hayes running point, and get into transition, while running a lot of pick-and-roll in the half-court, Lakovic said.

“He finds his teammates in the best positions. Here, everybody loved to play with him,” he said. “I think he can score with great percentage in the open court. He’s very good at that. He can drive. He can play the pick-and-roll and attack the rim or shoot a pull-up jumper. He has a good pull-up jumper while I think he will still improve his 3-point percentage.”While Hayes’ 3-point shot was inconsistent this year, Lakovic thinks it will get better, citing Hayes’ follow-through and touch. They have been working on getting the starting point of his shot higher and adding more arc.As with any prospect, there are questions about how Hayes will project. Lakovic believes Hayes can put more muscle on his lithe frame — he’s listed at 216 pounds — and add speed to become a better athlete. Having played with Rubio before the Spanish point guard came to the NBA, Lakovic can offer a comparison between the two.“Both have this natural instinct to pass the ball,” Lakovic said. “Maybe scoring-wise Killian has more potential and better resources scoring-wise. It’s good comparison with Ricky. Killian, because of his physical potential, I see him different. Ricky was more of really a true point guard. On the other side, I see Killian being able to create for himself and score.”Lakovic watches the NBA closely and its style of play. He coached in the Summer League in each of the last two years and he worked with the guards on the Slovenian national team that won the 2017 EuroBasket championship.He knows that NBA teams are looking for potential in the draft and he thinks Hayes has it.“This year was his first time out of his home. He was thrown in a difficult situation. Going at 18 years old to a totally new country with a different culture. It was not easy for him,” he said. “I remember the summer was a tough situation for him with all the pressure and everything. But he handled the pressure extremely well for 18 years old. He worked very hard. He improved. He became a much better player.“I see him as a very good tall point guard with great passing skills and the ability to score as well. He has big room for improvement still but he’s working hard and I’m sure that with all the potential he can become a great player.”[h=3]And one[/h]• Draft-eligible players will not be allowed to make workout videos and send them to NBA teams, the NBPA told agents during a conference call earlier this week. The league is still figuring out how to approach the rest of the season and then the offseason, while the 2019-20 season has been suspended by the coronavirus pandemic. Agents were also told by the union to expect what was described as large reduction in basketball-related income for 2021, though there were no concrete details about free agency. The salary cap should be calculated fairly and not off 2020 as a springboard number.
(Photo:

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Correct, saw the same evaluation about Powell upside not being high. Not should if it because of his age or what. I saw a winner in him that not in all player. IMO!

Lewis is an Avery Johnson player just like Sexton. As you well know Avery is a Ben Jobe (Former Scout for the Knicks)( S.U, Ala A&M and Tuskegee{I think}) player. He is a Guard coach just like the late Ben Jobe. All of these player are cut from the same cloth. Fast PG with a purpose of pushing the ball up the floor and attacking the defense. Haven't seen any clips on him so I'm in the dark(get it 'Dark'). I'll try to find some.

Saw one mock where he goes mid-second round (41) and another 14. Doesn’t project to have high upside it looks like. A guy I like that projects to go late 1st is Kira Lewis, l’d take a shot at him with our other 1st, the one we got for Mook, if he’s available.

Speaking of Mook, there was talk of trading him and then bringing him back in FA, nothing concrete but I don’t think we’ll look to re-sign him.

Read the below about Kira Lewis, I doubt he's there at 27 but the Knicks should maybe try to trade back this year to get 2 later picks to get him.

I think the Knicks would do well to find a point guard who can knock down an open shot. As Fizdale noted in a recent interview, that would make Robinson more of a threat in the pick and roll and would help space the floor in general.

So which lead guard will end up as the best shooter in the 2020 draft class? I try to lean on scouts who watch these players regularly to answer those questions. A few scouts I trust have projected Kira Lewis as a strong shooter at the next level.

Hey Tiger... in all fundamental BB scheme the SG is used to open up the floor and the PG is get everybody involved into the offense. Whom or Whoever is putting out this about a PG don't know a "damn thing about BB". Why do they call them 'Shooting Guard'? The problem is the player at the SG and nothing else. You know who that is 'Don't YOU'!! So to cover his butt they are putting out this narrative that the PG needs to be hitting his shoot. That not correct.

BTW, if you just take a minute to think about it 'Robinson is already a threat in the pick and roll'. That because that is all he does!! Just think about this if the PG is shooting 3's that cancel Robinson in the 'pick and roll', huh. That is way the SG is important because if the pick roll isn't there then the 'kick-out' to the SG.

The players for the Knicks to target is Wiseman(C) and Edward(SG). We must find a way to get Wiseman 1st then make a trade up for Edward with Clippers pick and a player(hopefully RJ)because he has the most hype. Maybe we can fool the hell out of who in spot to draft Edward with RJ and that Clippers pick. Now those scouts could be correct about Lewis credentials but PG is not our major problem!!