Knick potential trade for Donovan Mitchell:

Wsup Dark .... Hope u are Staying-Safe out there .. the USA have over 700M carriers of COVIT19 SMH

We all know combo-guard Donovan Mitchell has the NBA skills to run the point well as a starter SG.
Donovan Mitchell performed extra-well in the past 3 season having a point-guard in the lineup .. Rubio, Conley, Mudiay, and Exum.

The addition of Donovan Mitchell's guard service to the Knicks having a new head-coach Mark, or Trib, or even coach Atkinson, plus being able to put Mitchell & Frank tandem in the back-court as starter/finisher would give the Knicks an above .500 season.
Plus Knicks having a complimentary high-scoring combo guard (Donovan Mitchell) would give the new head-coach the benefit to use 5 guards in the Knicks game rotation (Frank, Mitchell, Dotson, Trier, and DSJ) vs a lot of NBA opponents.

Wsup Kiya, thank for asking and I hope you are staying safe also.

You bring up some very interesting point on Mitchell. He would open up some interesting combo possibility for the team. Never thought of a 5 guard small ball lineup. Three good scorer in Dotson, Mitchell and Trier would help Frank and DSJ with passing the ball. Not sure about DSJ because of he fells like he is entitle to be playing.

I really would like to have Mudiay & Kornet back on the team.

tiger0330

Legend
Even before the rumors of this rift between Gobert and DM, I suggested the Jazz had a tough decision on Gobert because he’s eligible for one of those super-max extensions next year that will pay him in the neighborhood of 200M. He may be the DPOY but to me he’s not worth that kind of dough, doesn’t impact the game like a super-max guy should imo. Going to be one of those side stories for next off-season, does Rudy demand a supermax deal or is he flexible to allow the Jazz a little more cap space.

mafra posted that Yahoo is reporting Gobert/DM had a good phone call to patch up their differences which doesn’t surprise me so this whole trade speculation is probably moot anyway.
Bobby Marks reporting Goberts supermax contract extension will be worth $247.3M next year. If he wants to be traded let him tell the Jazz pay me that or trade me, Jazz would be crazy to pay him that and he's going to be disappointed because I think every team in the league is going to have the same opinion as me that he's not worth that kind of dough.

He's also eligible for that contract this off season and not next off season. I think he's going to sign a deal with someone in the neighborhood of 4yrs/160M with someone if not the Jazz.

Last edited: