Knick potential trade for Donovan Mitchell:

Well all you Donovan Mitchell fans here a chance(Maybe) to get the player most feel we should have drafted.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/heres-what-a-potential-knicks-trade-package-for-donovan-mitchell-could-look-like/313253034

Question: Do you have the guts to pull the trigger on this trade? Please read what the asking price might be for Mitchell.

When I first saw the asking price... the answer was YES. Because it got rid of JR. The two 1st rounder are a definite NO. Maybe one of the 1st rounder but not two.

Ok, let see how much you guys REALLY want Mitchell. LET HEAR IT!!

tiger0330

Legend
This is the year to trade those picks with a weak draft, going to be hard to pry him away from Utah though and we'll have to get in line with others, he'll be in demand if he's made available. If I were the Sixers I'd trade Simmons to get him but the salaries don't match so it will be difficult to do.

mafra

Legend
Bagley says a rival exec said it would cost RJ and 2 first rounders or 3 first rounders... that?s the starting point.

RJ or MRob... so how bad do you want Mitchell?? As much as I want RJ gone that a lot for another player who IMO doesn't fit.
I think we wait and trade RJ to whoever would pick Edward in this coming draft. Now that is with the focus on definitely drafting Wiseman 1st no matter what else happens.

mafra

Legend
I agree. No sense in blowing our hand the first opportunity that presents itself. We wait and make a move when we can gather 3 top options... when we are on the verge of assembling the 2nd and 3rd piece, that?s when you act.

Take RJ and a DAL first... but you don?t get RJ or MRob plus even 1 lottery selection. We ain?t that close so we can walk away...

After all, there?s always a player available via trade... a very good to all star player...
Always. Odds are RJ will only increase his value next season... so save that chip for when you are ready to go all-in that season.

But, if they said give me RJ, the LAC first and a DAL first? Would that change your mind? I?m not sure Marky or Mitchell are those types of guys tho, where you mortgage a bunch of assets. AD and Giannis or Embiid. That?s those type of trades.

tiger0330

Legend
Go read what the article said it would take to get him. Then tell me what You think.
I’m skeptical their relationship is unsalvageable, seems like a fluff story to generate clicks to me. If I’m the Jazz I’d look to be trading Gobert before I trading DM also like the story mentions. Gobert is due for a huge extension next year, I believe close to 200M based on his DPOY accolades, I’d think hard about whether he’s worth one of these super max contracts. To me there are probably less than a handful of players that are worth that kind of dough and he’s not one of them.

If the Jazz do try to trade DM, I think that Knicks offer of 2 picks and RJ is woefully inadequate compared to his market value and what other teams might offer. He’s the type of player that teams will pull off a blockbuster trade of superstars ala Lakers/Pels, Clips/Thunder. Mentioned a Simmons/DM trade as one if the Sixers decide to move on from a guy that shoots 50% from the FT line and who I predicted might never develop a perimeter game. Jazz would have to give DM that extension before the salaries match before they could do that trade.

Last edited:
Agreed 'no RJ or MRob plus a 1 lottery selection'. IMO, sense we only have MRob at the center position, he is definitely not included in this trade. RJ on the other hand might but there still that lottery selection which I'm against. Correct about always a player available via trade and RJ(hopefully) increase in value.

"But, if they said give me RJ, the LAC first and a Dal first"? My answer is No! I still think two 1st rounder and RJ is too much for Mitchell. I believe if Edward in on the board after we draft Wiseman(wishful thinking, huh) then we approach that team with a trade for that pick with RJ being the bait.

Now if Utah said I'll take RJ and LAC first or one of Dal first. I would make that trade. Then turn around on draft night and trade Mitchell for Edwards after we draft Wiseman(#1 must obtain).

mafra

Legend
You would have to trade RJ for DM, if all Utah asked for in return was a lye first rounder. Of course.

tiger0330

Legend
Agreed 'no RJ or MRob plus a 1 lottery selection'. IMO, sense we only have MRob at the center position, he is definitely not included in this trade. RJ on the other hand might but there still that lottery selection which I'm against. Correct about always a player available via trade and RJ(hopefully) increase in value.

"But, if they said give me RJ, the LAC first and a Dal first"? My answer is No! I still think two 1st rounder and RJ is too much for Mitchell. I believe if Edward in on the board after we draft Wiseman(wishful thinking, huh) then we approach that team with a trade for that pick with RJ being the bait.

Now if Utah said I'll take RJ and LAC first or one of Dal first. I would make that trade. Then turn around on draft night and trade Mitchell for Edwards after we draft Wiseman(#1 must obtain).
Dark, you’re talking about the Clips and DAL picks which are going to be late first round picks and RJ. Utah is not even going to talk to the Knicks until we throw in MRob or replace those picks with our own picks which will probably be lottery picks. DAL and Clips pick and RJ would be an insane deal for an AS like DM.

You wouldn't do our unprotected pick this year, DAL IN 2021 and RJ? I would.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Yes, we ain?t getting DM for anything less than a painful price...

If this was their offer, I think you have to consider it. Hayes or Ball plus RJ play the 25th pick in 2021? I probably do it... but... hmmm....

Would you do Frank, DSJ, Knox, a 1st for Marky?

Anyway...

According to Yahoo! Sports Chris Haynes, Mitchell and Gobert spoke over the phone on Saturday to talk out their differences and it went well. Gobert told Bleacher Report's Taylor Rooks during an IG Live session that the two had talked.

tiger0330

Legend
Yes, we ain’t getting DM for anything less than a painful price...

If this was their offer, I think you have to consider it. Hayes or Ball plus RJ play the 25th pick in 2021? I probably do it... but... hmmm....

Would you do Frank, DSJ, Knox, a 1st for Marky?

Anyway...

According to Yahoo! Sports Chris Haynes, Mitchell and Gobert spoke over the phone on Saturday to talk out their differences and it went well. Gobert told Bleacher Report's Taylor Rooks during an IG Live session that the two had talked.
Marky isn’t worth a package like that. They would have to include Dunn or Valentine for DSJ, Knox, Nits and a pick. I wouldn’t give them anything more than a protected 16 pick either.

I’m skeptical their relationship is unsalvageable, seems like a fluff story to generate clicks to me. If I’m the Jazz I’d look to be trading Gobert before I trading DM also like the story mentions. Gobert is due for a huge extension next year, I believe close to 200M based on his DPOY accolades, I’d think hard about whether he’s worth one of these super max contracts. To me there are probably less than a handful of players that are worth that kind of dough and he’s not one of them.

If the Jazz do try to trade DM, I think that Knicks offer of 2 picks and RJ is woefully inadequate compared to his market value and what other teams might offer. He’s the type of player that teams will pull off a blockbuster trade of superstars ala Lakers/Pels, Clips/Thunder. Mentioned a Simmons/DM trade as one if the Sixers decide to move on from a guy that shoots 50% from the FT line and who I predicted might never develop a perimeter game. Jazz would have to give DM that extension before the salaries match before they could do that trade.

Got the same feeling about this story being more fluff than anything else. Writer like to generate rumors and conflicts during times when there isn't much to action happening.

I'm not sure about trading Gobert over DM. DPOY are hard to come by in this league so maybe replacing DM may be easier.

Two picks and RJ is woefully inadequate... I think that would be a little to rich for me. RJ and one 1st rounder plus I'm for drafting Edwards so I'm trading DM for that pick.

Dark, you’re talking about the Clips and DAL picks which are going to be late first round picks and RJ. Utah is not even going to talk to the Knicks until we throw in MRob or replace those picks with our own picks which will probably be lottery picks. DAL and Clips pick and RJ would be an insane deal for an AS like DM.

You wouldn't do our unprotected pick this year, DAL IN 2021 and RJ? I would.

No, No, No!!
I said, RJ and LAC first OR one of Dal first. Yeah, that all I'm willing to pay for DM. I'm going to use RJ or DM on draft night to get Edward always so it doesn't matter. RJ or DM doesn't fit the core of what I see in the Knicks. No MRob because he is more valuable than RJ.

tiger0330

Legend
Got the same feeling about this story being more fluff than anything else. Writer like to generate rumors and conflicts during times when there isn't much to action happening.

I'm not sure about trading Gobert over DM. DPOY are hard to come by in this league so maybe replacing DM may be easier.

Two picks and RJ is woefully inadequate... I think that would be a little to rich for me. RJ and one 1st rounder plus I'm for drafting Edwards so I'm trading DM for that pick.
Even before the rumors of this rift between Gobert and DM, I suggested the Jazz had a tough decision on Gobert because he?s eligible for one of those super-max extensions next year that will pay him in the neighborhood of 200M. He may be the DPOY but to me he?s not worth that kind of dough, doesn?t impact the game like a super-max guy should imo. Going to be one of those side stories for next off-season, does Rudy demand a supermax deal or is he flexible to allow the Jazz a little more cap space.

mafra posted that Yahoo is reporting Gobert/DM had a good phone call to patch up their differences which doesn?t surprise me so this whole trade speculation is probably moot anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Utah Jazz are not moving either .... Gobert just said they recently spoke and they basically let bygones be bygones, so there's no rift.
Hopefully for their sake, he is right. Mitchell was upset that Gobert was being an idiot but it looks like it has blown over.

Having MitchRob's growing talent at center, the Knicks don't need Gobert's service.
Trading RJ Barrett to the Utah Jazz head-coach Snyder will only improve young RJ Barrett's talent to become an All-Star player seasons earlier than staying a Knicks.
If it was possible I would trade RJ Barrett and DSJ, plus Dallas pick for Donovan Mitchell, nothing else.

The Utah Jazz are not moving either .... Gobert just said they recently spoke and they basically let bygones be bygones, so there's no rift.
Hopefully for their sake, he is right. Mitchell was upset that Gobert was being an idiot but it looks like it has blown over.

Having MitchRob's growing talent at center, the Knicks don't need Gobert's service.
Trading RJ Barrett to the Utah Jazz head-coach Snyder will only improve young RJ Barrett's talent to become an All-Star player seasons earlier than staying a Knicks.
If it was possible I would trade RJ Barrett and DSJ, plus Dallas pick for Donovan Mitchell, nothing else.

I agree with the trade of RJ for Mitchell which is a good move for both team(somewhat). Now the other question is what do you do with Mitchell because I don't see him as a good fit for the Knicks either. You have mention in the past post that Mitchell is more of a combo guard than a true PG(that is what the conversation was about). Do you put him at the SG or PG? If the PG that mess with the chemistry of the Frank and others. At the SG is maybe to small for that position?

Now if you decide to keep him at the PG then we still need a PF and do we stay pat at SG with Dotson and Trier? If we can sign Cousins and get Wiseman that would be a coup for us plus Mitchell. Not sure of the chemistry but it definitely worth a shot. We have been in worst situations.

Tell me what you think.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree with the trade of RJ for Mitchell which is a good move for both team(somewhat). Now the other question is what do you do with Mitchell because I don't see him as a good fit for the Knicks either. You have mention in the past post that Mitchell is more of a combo guard than a true PG(that is what the conversation was about). Do you put him at the SG or PG? If the PG that mess with the chemistry of the Frank and others. At the SG is maybe to small for that position?

Now if you decide to keep him at the PG then we still need a PF and do we stay pat at SG with Dotson and Trier? If we can sign Cousins and get Wiseman that would be a coup for us plus Mitchell. Not sure of the chemistry but it definitely worth a shot. We have been in worst situations.

Tell me what you think.

Wsup Dark .... Hope u are Staying-Safe out there .. the USA have over 700M carriers of COVIT19 SMH

We all know combo-guard Donovan Mitchell has the NBA skills to run the point well as a starter SG.
Donovan Mitchell performed extra-well in the past 3 season having a point-guard in the lineup .. Rubio, Conley, Mudiay, and Exum.

The addition of Donovan Mitchell's guard service to the Knicks having a new head-coach Mark, or Trib, or even coach Atkinson, plus being able to put Mitchell & Frank tandem in the back-court as starter/finisher would give the Knicks an above .500 season.
Plus Knicks having a complimentary high-scoring combo guard (Donovan Mitchell) would give the new head-coach the benefit to use 5 guards in the Knicks game rotation (Frank, Mitchell, Dotson, Trier, and DSJ) vs a lot of NBA opponents.