Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Last Dance

  1. #1
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,566
    Rep Power
    10

    Chicago Bulls The Last Dance

    Anyone else watched the first two episodes? I can't deny some of it was painful to watch (and probably will follow) but the docuseries is damn good and made me change my feelings i had towards Pippen. Also the whole Krause saga is new to me, i had no idea the waters were boiling at that level within the organization.
    For those outside USA the show is also streamed by Netflix.

  2. #2
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,124
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Made me really sad that we gave SEA the pick that turned out to be Pippen, and they trade our pick to CHI, and that turned out to be the reason why MJ has 6 rings and Ewing has 0.

  3. #3
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    The Ewing is the reason for no Championships. If he had moved to PF like Hubie wanted him too then it solve the main problem we had of beating Boston. We match up good with Boston except at PF where McHale was manning that position. Hubie saw that the answer was to move Ewing to PF because of his mobility. Cartwright matchup well with the Parrish so here we go. Of course Ewing refuses and Hubie is fired or let go and the rest is history.
    I do believe they asked for the wrong player in the trade to chicago. We should have asked for Grant instead of Oakley!! Grant was more mobil than Oakley and I think would have fit better in the over-all team. Ewing became a player that could get us into the final but couldn't win it. Oakley talk about him being tough to play with as a person.

  4. #4
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,124
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Last Dance solidifies that theory... MJ won bc he made his teammates better bc of his leadership skills. Ewing was a dour, high maintenance ogre that had his teammates walking on eggshells.

    Thankfully, MJ came out a year early. Had he stayed in school.... then we would’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of drafting PE ahead of MJ.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I’ve been enjoying the “Last Dance”. I moved to Chicago during the 2nd Bulls 3peat and I remember the excitement. Also some of the Chicago media who covered those Bulls teams are still around so it’s interesting to hear that perspective.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I’ve been enjoying the “Last Dance”. I moved to Chicago during the 2nd Bulls 3peat and I remember the excitement. Also some of the Chicago media who covered those Bulls teams are still around so it’s interesting to hear that perspective.
    We gotta stop blaming Pat for no Chips guys. First of all you see from “Last Dance” Jordan was no picnic to have as a teammate. In last nights episode Jordan beat up Steve Kerr and apologizes later. I don’t remember Pat beating up teammates. Maybe Pat should have. Bottomline is Pat didn’t have enough help. I have the 1999 EC game 5 on DVR and finally watched it yesterday morning on a sports jones. Allen Houston was the hero that game if you remember with the jumper that bounced around and rolled in with under 1 second left on the clock. But Pat had 20 and he couldn’t move at all. Pat was grimacing after every basket and trip up and down the floor and at one point he was on the bench with ice on half his torso. But Pat was a warrior and finished that game and series. A lot of players great players from the 90’s have no rings because of the Bulls and Pat is one of them thru no fault of his own. Last night you saw Gary Peyton “The Glove” lamenting that George Karl was too dumb to put the glove in Mike until the series was already lost. Barkley admitted after last week’s episode last week he didn’t have his Suns ready to face the Bulls in game 1. Blame the media for pissing Mike off in 93’ for going to Atlantic City with his dad down 2-0 to us Knicks. Blame Charles Smith for missing 4-5 point blank layups that last dance painfully reminded Knicks fans about last night. But don’t place all that blame on Pat’s shoulders. He doesn’t deserve that especially from so-called Knicks fans on chief.

  7. #7
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,124
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I blame Pat.... Riley, not Ewing.

    As JVG said last week on MKay show, MJ a wing and PE a big. Ewing needed to have ball given to him while MJ has more options bc he controlled the ball. Not the same to compare....

    It was Riley who failed to adjust in games 3-5 of ECF in 1993. Ewing has his squad up 2-0 in the series. PJax worked his magic while Pat stood still. That was our series... our time... DET and Bulls both got over their humps to be champs. We couldn’t and I blame Riley.

  8. #8
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,362
    Rep Power
    31

    Nyk Logo

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I blame Pat.... Riley, not Ewing.

    As JVG said last week on MKay show, MJ a wing and PE a big. Ewing needed to have ball given to him while MJ has more options bc he controlled the ball. Not the same to compare....

    It was Riley who failed to adjust in games 3-5 of ECF in 1993. Ewing has his squad up 2-0 in the series. PJax worked his magic while Pat stood still. That was our series... our time... DET and Bulls both got over their humps to be champs. We couldn’t and I blame Riley.
    I'm recalling my four reason why Patrick Ewing couldn't bring a CHIP to NY Knicks ....

    One ..The reason Patrick Ewing couldnt win a championship are because the Knicks refuse to resign veteran Star Bernard King.
    Two .. The Knicks never should have traded a veteran-star Bill Cartwright for a young poor post-season performance Oakley.
    The Knicks needed King and Cartwright veteran-ship during Patrick Ewing first 4 yr contract.
    Three .. The Knicks should have made the 2-Way star Anthony Mason a future keeper contract, instead of trading Mason for a injury-prone "Gramma" Larry Johnson, who received a 4 yr free-ride on Knicks bench.
    Four .. Patrick Ewing QUIT in the post-season Games, the season the Knicks had a 75% chance of winning the CHIP, after beating the #1 top winning Miami Heat team in the first round of the playoffs.
    Childs, Ward H20 Spree Camby Kurt Ewing Jhonson

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I'm recalling my four reason why Patrick Ewing couldn't bring a CHIP to NY Knicks ....

    One ..The reason Patrick Ewing couldnt win a championship are because the Knicks refuse to resign veteran Star Bernard King.
    Two .. The Knicks never should have traded a veteran-star Bill Cartwright for a young poor post-season performance Oakley.
    The Knicks needed King and Cartwright veteran-ship during Patrick Ewing first 4 yr contract.
    Three .. The Knicks should have made the 2-Way star Anthony Mason a future keeper contract, instead of trading Mason for a injury-prone "Gramma" Larry Johnson, who received a 4 yr free-ride on Knicks bench.
    Four .. Patrick Ewing QUIT in the post-season Games, the season the Knicks had a 75% chance of winning the CHIP, after beating the #1 top winning Miami Heat team in the first round of the playoffs.
    Childs, Ward H20 Spree Camby Kurt Ewing Jhonson
    Watch game 5 against Miami again and check out the work Pat put in in pain. Dare I say is was Pat’s Willis Reed moment. 3rd quarter Pat had so much ice on him you couldn’t see the lower half of his body. And that was on the bench not in the lockeroom. Pat went out on his shield to help get us past Miami. Shame we didn’t have him against SAS. Kurt Thomas and Chris Dudley vs David Robinson and Tim Duncan? We didn’t have a chance in that 90’s era basketball.

Similar Threads

  1. Pole dance in city [north Poland]
    By bigapple in forum Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2013, 12:32
  2. lets' dance with Detroit and trade for AI and Wallace
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 14:21

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •