Mike Woodson to get an interview:

Looks like Mike Woodson will get an interview for the Knicks coaching job. I for one thought that Fiz should've add him to his coaching staff. For the first time in the article it said that Mills objected to his hiring. Well again another failure on their part to see the advantages of having someone that knows BB.

Let me go on record by saying Woodson is the guy I wanted before hiring Fiz and right now as coach. He has had success as the Knicks head coach and knows how to handle the hype that goes along with it. He is the best person for job over all the other candidates. Again, this is my choice.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/mike-woodson-will-get-another-chance-at-knicks-coaching-gig/

tiger0330

Legend
Its just an obligatory interview, Woody interviewed for the job when Fiz got the job. One of the first mistakes by that bonehead PJ firing Woody and replacing him with a rookie head coach DFish. I don't see Woody being better than the two leading candidates Thibs and Kenny. I'd love if Rose could swing a deal hiring both and make Kenny VP of Player Development but travel with the team as Thibs right hand man, probably unrealistic but Rose does need to hire a top notch development guy.

Agreed one of the mistake Phil(as President) firing Woodson. One of the three 3 big mistakes(Melo & Noah) he made in my opinion. We hire him as President not coach, so there is a learning curve that most forget about when talking about Phil. Is 3 years long enough for the coach with the most NBA championship to turn around a team? Don't forget he had no 1st round pick his first year. Now we are in a position with nobody that knows how to win a championship in position of authority. 'Bonehead'?? Most NBA championships and you the worst team in the NBA and you have to nerve to only give him 3 year to turn a team around. Who is the real 'Bonehead'??

As for the other two candidates being better than Woodson... I'll beg to disagree with that one. I would say that Woodson would have better 'Chemistry'(it that word again) with the players than both candidate. Woodson record say's he is just as good as both.

tiger0330

Legend
Agreed one of the mistake Phil(as President) firing Woodson. One of the three 3 big mistakes(Melo & Noah) he made in my opinion. We hire him as President not coach, so there is a learning curve that most forget about when talking about Phil. Is 3 years long enough for the coach with the most NBA championship to turn around a team? Don't forget he had no 1st round pick his first year. Now we are in a position with nobody that knows how to win a championship in position of authority. 'Bonehead'?? Most NBA championships and you the worst team in the NBA and you have to nerve to only give him 3 year to turn a team around. Who is the real 'Bonehead'??

As for the other two candidates being better than Woodson... I'll beg to disagree with that one. I would say that Woodson would have better 'Chemistry'(it that word again) with the players than both candidate. Woodson record say's he is just as good as both.
Woody is a good coach. That’s why he’s got an interview but Thibs has the inside track based on Roses long time relationship with him and Kenny has the rep as the player development guy the Knicks need. Kenny is great at developing guards, and DSJ, Nits, RJ, Dotson etc would benefit with him being the HC.

Woodson handled every minute of his time with the Knicks with professionalism and class. He?s a good coach who knows how to get players to respond (e.g. JR Smith). He deserves a 2nd chance. Still, everyone knows I?m a Thibs guy.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't be opposed to Woodson getting a chance, but wasn't the team lacking ball movement when he was around and he showed favoritism to Melo and J.R.? Maybe he'd be different with this group with the young players, I dunno.