Trier is Cut

mafra

Legend
Allonzo?s Trier?s time in New York is over.

The Knicks waived the point guard and claimed ex-Net Theo Pinson on waivers, the team announced Friday.

Trier would have been a restricted free agent this offseason. If we weren?t going to resign him, waiving him now doesn?t cost us anything since our season is done.

Theo Pinson?s contract apparently is more useful to us since we could include it in a trade if needed to balance salaries.

mafra

Legend
How does it work? I mean, for example, Avery Bradley says he won?t play. And while media outlets focus in JR Smith, perhaps LAK grab Trier. Could that happen? Is he free to sign and lace them up in ORL?

How does it work? I mean, for example, Avery Bradley says he won?t play. And while media outlets focus in JR Smith, perhaps LAK grab Trier. Could that happen? Is he free to sign and lace them up in ORL?

Unless the NBA changes the rules, as a post-March 1st cut, Trier could be signed by another team to finish out the season in Orlando, but he would not be eligible to play in the postseason.

tiger0330

Legend
If Trier wasn’t part of the future Pinson sure isn’t. He shot 29% overall, 19% from three. Knicks didn’t use cap space or an exception to sign him since he’s on a minimum contract, they also can drop him in Oct. before he even plays a game for the Knicks. Somfar the first 2 personnel moves by the new front office have been yawners, I personally would have stood pat with Allan and Trier.

Rose gave his first interview to the media and a comment I found interesting was he called DSJ a “special talent” leading me to believe they won’t try to move him for another season.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Trier wasn?t part of the future Pinson sure isn?t. He shot 29% overall, 19% from three. Knicks didn?t use cap space or an exception to sign him since he?s on a minimum contract, they also can drop him in Oct. before he even plays a game for the Knicks. Somfar the first 2 personnel moves by the new front office have been yawners, I personally would have stood pat with Allan and Trier.

Rose gave his first interview to the media and a comment I found interesting was he called DSJ a ?special talent? leading me to believe they won?t try to move him for another season.

Rose interview was a bout NOTHING, blah blah talk about nothing enhancing the Knicks team. Rose are not looking good in my book!

The Knicks coaching last season were another losing season from poor coaching without a game plan, adding no optimistic growth for any of the Knicks players.

Rose first move on the job as the Knicks Head-Man in charge are to bring in a much-much better coaching-staff, and a veteran GM having NBA scouting experience.

Cutting Trier, and waiving Kadeem, before hiring next season head-coach, shows the Knicks upstairs front-office are still doing the coaching on the Knicks. Especially, when the 2nd season Trier should've been the Knicks starting SG last season, instead of the poor performing (3rd pick) rookie RJ Barrett looking lost on the court the majority of the season.

The Knicks Rose .. also claimed the rights of a two-way guard Jared Harper on free agency waivers and waived two-way guard Kadeem Allen,

Harper is a quick, athletic, small PG (5'10) out of Auburn.
He appeared in 33 games for the Suns G-League affiliate this season and averaged 20.8 points, 5.7 assists and 2.7 made 3-pointers, while shooting 35.9% from 3-point territory.

And Pinson isn't worth writing about !!!

Hey Kiya,
Was waiting for you to comments about these actions of Rose. I agree with you so no need to add anything. You hit the nail on the head.

mafra

Legend
Pinson a body from UNC

If the Knicks didn?t move up in last year?s second round to select Ignas Brazdeikis at No. 47, speedy point guard Jared Harper may have wound up a Knick.

After leading Auburn to The Final Four as a junior, the 5-11, 175-pounder went undrafted in 2019. Harper signed with Phoenix on a two-way contract and spent most of the season in the G League.

?I talked to a number of Knicks scouts when Jared was here at Auburn,? Pearl told The Post. ?They had a lot of interest in him when we were making the run to The Final Four. They were one of the teams he thought he?d play for in the summer league.?

The Knicks? priority in the rescheduled Oct. 15 draft has been a scoring point guard ? and that?s Harper. If the 22-year-old from Mableton, Ga. stayed his senior year, Pearl said he?d have been viewed highly in the draft.

?If Jared was a senior he would?ve absolutely, without question, been drafted in the first round this year,? Pearl said. ?They?re getting a first-round talent.?

The way the transaction format works, the Knicks own Harper?s rights until the altered free agency begins Oct. 19. Until then, the Knicks hope to work with Harper either in the potential NBA-sponsored OTAs or with a new coaching staff in individual workouts.

Pearl believes Harper will be on the Knicks? 15-man roster next season ? not just on a two-way G League contract. Harper will have the option of signing anywhere.

?I think he actually will decide to sign with the Knicks because he sees the opportunity,? Pearl said. ?Even if they get (LaMelo) Ball in the draft, he would complement them really well. Those guys can score as well as run a team.

?I don?t think he needs another G League season. If you want fast, if you want someone who can pull up (for a jumper) as soon as he crosses the eight-second line and you?re willing to let him score? He?s really hard to guard and he can play-make.?

Harper played just three games with the Suns. Instead, he was the star for Northern Arizona, averaging 20.8 points (seventh in the G League), 5.7 assists and 2.8 rebounds in 29 minutes. He ranked second in the league in usage percentage (30%).

Defense at his size may make or break Harper?s NBA career.

?When you?re the smallest guy on the floor, you have to have an edge,? Pearl said. ?He?s got an edge Isiah (Thomas) had and Muggsy Bogues had. He?s got a toughness to him defensively.

tiger0330

Legend
Twolves have a guy named Jordan McLaughlin who's 5'11" and can ball, if Harper is as good as him, he's going to make the roster.

Drowning people 'Grab after straws'!!

30's teams past on him twice and now all of a sudden we decided to want him? Why didn't the Sun's see what we all of a sudden see?

Mafra, in our many conversation if I'm correct about this. Didn't you say that "Knicks received no phone calls for #3 pick last year"!! Now do you have something to back that up are was that just a tall tale to help your point in our discussion:lol:? If you got some details... if you don't mind share them with me.

mafra

Legend
Drowning people 'Grab after straws'!!

30's teams past on him twice and now all of a sudden we decided to want him? Why didn't the Sun's see what we all of a sudden see?

Mafra, in our many conversation if I'm correct about this. Didn't you say that "Knicks received no phone calls for #3 pick last year"!! Now do you have something to back that up are was that just a tall tale to help your point in our discussion:lol:? If you got some details... if you don't mind share them with me.

If you got some details about the offers that were made, please share. I have yet to see a single report of an offer made or a team interested.

If there were anything, it would?ve surfaced by now. Nobody wanted to move up to 3.

Marc Berman NY Post reported after draft:

Knicks general manager Scott Perry, who watched a lot of Duke this season, said he believed in the three-man draft mantra of Williamson, Ja Morant and Barrett, saying, ?Three players had showed separation,?? and he had little desire to trade down.

?We love a lot of things about this young man,?? Perry said. ?The fact he really wanted to be here was special as well.?

At No. 4, the Pelicans eyed moving up to the second pick to steal Barrett and reunite him with Williamson, but Memphis? asking price was too high and New Orleans traded down with Atlanta instead. A New Orleans-Memphis trade would have seen Morant fall to the Knicks, who had him rated higher than Barrett.

So, people were calling about 2 and 4 but nobody called NYK about 3. Should we have called ATL? I don?t believe so.... and I haven?t seen anything that ATL would have even entertained our call. They knew we wanted 1/3, so why send us something when they could send less to LAK?

Anyway, I wouldn?t have touched Redish with a 100 foot pole.

I still take RJ over Hunter and Colby.

But, please.... post something about potential offers.... I would love to see them, b/c I havent in over a year.

Not sure how we got back to 2019 draft talking about our recent waiver moves, but you certainly know how to circle everything back to RJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pinson a body from UNC

If the Knicks didn’t move up in last year’s second round to select Ignas Brazdeikis at No. 47, speedy point guard Jared Harper may have wound up a Knick.

After leading Auburn to The Final Four as a junior, the 5-11, 175-pounder went undrafted in 2019. Harper signed with Phoenix on a two-way contract and spent most of the season in the G League.

“I talked to a number of Knicks scouts when Jared was here at Auburn,” Pearl told The Post. “They had a lot of interest in him when we were making the run to The Final Four. They were one of the teams he thought he’d play for in the summer league.”

The Knicks’ priority in the rescheduled Oct. 15 draft has been a scoring point guard – and that’s Harper. If the 22-year-old from Mableton, Ga. stayed his senior year, Pearl said he’d have been viewed highly in the draft.

“If Jared was a senior he would’ve absolutely, without question, been drafted in the first round this year,” Pearl said. “They’re getting a first-round talent.”

The way the transaction format works, the Knicks own Harper’s rights until the altered free agency begins Oct. 19. Until then, the Knicks hope to work with Harper either in the potential NBA-sponsored OTAs or with a new coaching staff in individual workouts.

Pearl believes Harper will be on the Knicks’ 15-man roster next season – not just on a two-way G League contract. Harper will have the option of signing anywhere.

“I think he actually will decide to sign with the Knicks because he sees the opportunity,” Pearl said. “Even if they get (LaMelo) Ball in the draft, he would complement them really well. Those guys can score as well as run a team.

“I don’t think he needs another G League season. If you want fast, if you want someone who can pull up (for a jumper) as soon as he crosses the eight-second line and you’re willing to let him score? He’s really hard to guard and he can play-make.”

Harper played just three games with the Suns. Instead, he was the star for Northern Arizona, averaging 20.8 points (seventh in the G League), 5.7 assists and 2.8 rebounds in 29 minutes. He ranked second in the league in usage percentage (30%).

Defense at his size may make or break Harper’s NBA career.

“When you’re the smallest guy on the floor, you have to have an edge,” Pearl said. “He’s got an edge Isiah (Thomas) had and Muggsy Bogues had. He’s got a toughness to him defensively.

After visiting Twitter to watch a few of Jared Harpers G.League games, he showed a strong leadership in a lineup, having quick-speed in his dribble to become a much needed scoring-point. The Knicks just need to bring in some big bodies for Harper to go around to create. Randle, Portis, and Knox has been NBA Projects because they never screen for their teammates.
Why the Suns had to let go of their star G.League player Jared Harper ....
The Phoenix Suns has a $85M cap, plus Booker under contract till 2024, Rubio till 2022, and Oubre till 2021, all three players are capable of running the point. Plus the Suns are looking to sign and resign veterans like Kover.

Last season, the Knicks (Mills/Perry) added the next NBA teams Project-Players (Randle, Portis, Payton, Bullock, Ellington) to the Knicks roster of young-core players. And the Knicks did not have one decent developing-coach on their coaching-staff (Sorry Mike). There were no improvement, nor chemistry within the Guards unit, nor the Forward spots, nor center position. And the 3rd pick rookie RJ Barrett performance looked like he was LOST on offense and defense having a individual game-plan performance throughout the season.
RJ Barrett are in desperate need of a developing-coach ASAP to learn TEAM-BALL !!!

The Knicks should not add more than 6 guards to their 15 man roster next season.
The Knicks PG & SG problem would be repaired quickly hiring Head-Coach Mark Jackson, or Jason Kidd.

My opinion ....
A tandem of Frank's complimentary performance alongside of Jared Harper's quick play-maker performance under the development of coach Mark Jackson, or Jason Kidd, or Atkinson would give the Knicks a dynamic tandem back-court. Plus adding SF-Knox & veteran PF-Gibson, plus Block-Party to the lineup under one of the coaches I mention above format, and the Knicks would have a .500 performing lineup with the above 5 mention players.

tiger0330

Legend
After visiting Twitter to watch a few of Jared Harpers G.League games, he showed a strong leadership in a lineup, having quick-speed in his dribble to become a much needed scoring-point. The Knicks just need to bring in some big bodies for Harper to go around to create. Randle, Portis, and Knox has been NBA Projects because they never screen for their teammates.
Why the Suns had to let go of their star G.League player Jared Harper ....
The Phoenix Suns has a $85M cap, plus Booker under contract till 2024, Rubio till 2022, and Oubre till 2021, all three players are capable of running the point. Plus the Suns are looking to sign and resign veterans like Kover.

Last season, the Knicks (Mills/Perry) added the next NBA teams Project-Players (Randle, Portis, Payton, Bullock, Ellington) to the Knicks roster of young-core players. And the Knicks did not have one decent developing-coach on their coaching-staff (Sorry Mike). There were no improvement, nor chemistry within the Guards unit, nor the Forward spots, nor center position. And the 3rd pick rookie RJ Barrett performance looked like he was LOST on offense and defense having a individual game-plan performance throughout the season.
RJ Barrett are in desperate need of a developing-coach ASAP to learn TEAM-BALL !!!

The Knicks should not add more than 6 guards to their 15 man roster next season.
The Knicks PG & SG problem would be repaired quickly hiring Head-Coach Mark Jackson, or Jason Kidd.

My opinion ....
A tandem of Frank's complimentary performance alongside of Jared Harper's quick play-maker performance under the development of coach Mark Jackson, or Jason Kidd, or Atkinson would give the Knicks a dynamic tandem back-court. Plus adding SF-Knox & veteran PF-Gibson, plus Block-Party to the lineup under one of the coaches I mention above format, and the Knicks would have a .500 performing lineup with the above 5 mention players.
Watched the kids highlights on YouTube and while he has more upside than Kadeem Allan, Harper being younger. He’s going to struggle making the team, he’s fast but he has to be at 5’11” but there are faster guys in the league that are bigger. didn’t see one highlight of him jumping out of the building like I saw Jordan McGlaughlin do last season. His 3 pt pct was good not great at 36%, that distance percentage goes back to his Auburn days, kid this small has a better chance being a 40% shooter from distance to make it. He’s described as a shooter on YouTube but I would rather have kept Trier for his shooting to tell you the truth.

No, No... I haven't seen any or heard anything pertaining to someone calling or making an offer for the 2019 #3 pick. "Circle everything back to RJ"... I was in a discussion about last year draft and remember you said, we had no caller for the pick. Just wanted to share the intel with someone if you have the proof.

Question to your comments on Pelican being at #4. I wonder whether or not we knew they wanted RJ? If so wanted that have been to perfect time to call them and see what they were willing to offer. How about giving them the #3 for Ingram!! Looks like Perry was 'hell bent on making that pick'.

If in my discussion I hear something about an offer for the #3 I will certainly let you know.

Sorry about asking about RJ in this post but I remember it was on my mind to ask you.

mafra

Legend
No, No... I haven't seen any or heard anything pertaining to someone calling or making an offer for the 2019 #3 pick. "Circle everything back to RJ"... I was in a discussion about last year draft and remember you said, we had no caller for the pick. Just wanted to share the intel with someone if you have the proof.

Question to your comments on Pelican being at #4. I wonder whether or not we knew they wanted RJ? If so wanted that have been to perfect time to call them and see what they were willing to offer. How about giving them the #3 for Ingram!! Looks like Perry was 'hell bent on making that pick'.

If in my discussion I hear something about an offer for the #3 I will certainly let you know.

Sorry about asking about RJ in this post but I remember it was on my mind to ask you.

I do believe NO pretty much said BI wasn?t getting dealt. I seriously doubt they would?ve considered it... it?s possible. I said at time I would do that trade and we should offer it bc of Zion-RJ connection. Would?ve been fantastic.

Of course, Perry would?ve been derelict in his duties if he didn?t investigate what ATL and NO were prepared to offer for the 3rd pick, even if we loved the top 3 prospects above all else.

Now, BI was a restricted free agent, so imagine if we dealt third pick for BI... got 1 season... then he signed elsewhere this year or next? Yikes! I would love for us to make a run at BI tho!

Kiyaman

Legend
Watched the kids highlights on YouTube and while he has more upside than Kadeem Allan, Harper being younger. He’s going to struggle making the team, he’s fast but he has to be at 5’11” but there are faster guys in the league that are bigger. didn’t see one highlight of him jumping out of the building like I saw Jordan McGlaughlin do last season. His 3 pt pct was good not great at 36%, that distance percentage goes back to his Auburn days, kid this small has a better chance being a 40% shooter from distance to make it. He’s described as a shooter on YouTube but I would rather have kept Trier for his shooting to tell you the truth.

I like his 4th Qtr. performance !!!

mafra

Legend
He looks like he can score at all 3 levels. I like bringing in competition. I just hope a few emerge or we risk getting in this everybody plays and nobody plays nonsense and nothing meaningful is developed for the future.

Let?s go. We mean business now. Lol.

I do believe NO pretty much said BI wasn?t getting dealt. I seriously doubt they would?ve considered it... it?s possible. I said at time I would do that trade and we should offer it bc of Zion-RJ connection. Would?ve been fantastic.

Of course, Perry would?ve been derelict in his duties if he didn?t investigate what ATL and NO were prepared to offer for the 3rd pick, even if we loved the top 3 prospects above all else.

Now, BI was a restricted free agent, so imagine if we dealt third pick for BI... got 1 season... then he signed elsewhere this year or next? Yikes! I would love for us to make a run at BI tho!

I could see NO saying they weren't going to dealt BI now... Today. Before this year were he had a broke out season and the draft. I would've had to see how bad they wanted RJ. It all goes back to nobody called us and we didn't call anybody.

Well it obvious that Perry is a derelict and from what we can see he didn't investigate or Enquirer about ATL or NO.

I don't think we have hesitated in making him a max deal now. We would have no choice but to do it. I would be on board. Do you think we should make a run at BI? I like him but he isn't a cornerstone player to build around. A very good player that I saw him being but not a cornerstone player. Wiseman could be that cornerstone Player.

You cut a proven scorer in Trier for a kid that is 5'11" scorer. If you feel like he that good then let Ellington or Bullock or Harkless or Payton. But Trier!!!

mafra

Legend
Right or wrong, a new exec is always gonna turn over a roster. Makes sense he would start at the back end of the rotation. Rose will better BG un his players.