Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Blazers super-star Damian Lillard put the Blazers team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter for the 126-122 win over the Memphis Grizz to become the 8th seeded west coast team.
    The Blazers having no-Defense in any of their forwards or SG rotation have me believing the Blazers will get Swept in the first-round by the Lakers.
    At the start of the 2019-20 season, I thought Damian Lilard's Blazers & Chris Paul's OKC & Donovan Mitchell's Jazz would be fighting for the Western conference 4th, 5th & 6th seeded team at the end of the season. I had put the Lakers, Clippers, & Rockets receiving the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd West seeded teams.
    I notice from watching the Bubble-Games .. The Blazers head-coach never showed to have a decent winning defensive-plan in the regular season to beat any west coast team in a playoff series.
    Stephan A. predicted this is going to seven games and it might with the way Dame is playing and the Lakers better pick up their play, they went 3-5 in the bubble and I agree with Stephan A. the Lakers have plenty to worry about in a possible upset playing them.

Going to be interesting with all the games being played in the bubble where there isn't going to the home court advantage that teams play all season for, who comes out on top. You would think this would be the environment that the favorites and not the underdogs have the edge esp in the first round.

The Lakers were my team to win it all but the Van Gundy brothers have changed my opinion about that Clipper team, Reggie Jackson and Morris Sr. better pickups than Waiters, JR and Markief. The Lakers will miss Bradley and Rondo. Best 2 way wings in Kawhi and PG along with deepest team as the Van Gundys describe them has me on the Clips bandwagon.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Aug 17, 2020 at 18:26.

Donovan Mitchell, from town I was born in, drops 57 points today for Utah in a loss. 3rd most in post season history

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Stephan A. predicted this is going to seven games and it might with the way Dame is playing and the Lakers better pick up their play, they went 3-5 in the bubble and I agree with Stephan A. the Lakers have plenty to worry about in a possible upset playing them.

Going to be interesting with all the games being played in the bubble where there isn't going to the home court advantage that teams play all season for, who comes out on top. You would think this would be the environment that the favorites and not the underdogs have the edge esp in the first round.

The Lakers were my team to win it all but the Van Gundy brothers have changed my opinion about that Clipper team, Reggie Jackson and Morris Sr. better pickups than Waiters, JR and Markief. The Lakers will miss Bradley and Rondo. Best 2 way wings in Kawhi and PG along with deepest team as the Van Gundys describe them has me on the Clips bandwagon.
    I became a big fan of Damian Lillard after watching his rookie performance too, just like Stephan A.. But .. the Lakers & the Clippers performance are to well performed to give a 35-39 Blazers team one win in the 2019-20 season.

The Clippers Doc Rivers has several easy b.ball plans on getting to the WCF having a dynamic 9-Man rotation lead by Kawhi ....
    Yes! The Lakers will miss Rondo's star postseason performance big-time against the Clippers star-guard rotation .. However, J.R Smith & Waiters defensive experience, and 3-ball shooting will become a must need for the Lakers in a series vs Doc Rivers Clippers.
    I'm still saying, a Lakers vs Clippers WCF series could go either way !!!

Now .. the Brooklyn Nets 134-110 LOSS to Raptors, showed us a performance today of a team that does not belong in the postseason games .. Especially, without Durant, Kyrie, D.Jordan, and Dinwiddle !!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Donovan Mitchell, from town I was born in, drops 57 points today for Utah in a loss. 3rd most in post season history
    He's not available but Fred Vanvleet is. Dropped 30 going 11-15 and 8-10 from deep along with 11 dimes, he's unrestricted and TOR is going to match anyone you have to believe but the Knicks have to try.

12th man

I became a big fan of Damian Lillard after watching his rookie performance too, just like Stephan A.. But .. the Lakers & the Clippers performance are to well performed to give a 35-39 Blazers team one win in the 2019-20 season.

The Clippers Doc Rivers has several easy b.ball plans on getting to the WCF having a dynamic 9-Man rotation lead by Kawhi ....
    Yes! The Lakers will miss Rondo's star postseason performance big-time against the Clippers star-guard rotation .. However, J.R Smith & Waiters defensive experience, and 3-ball shooting will become a must need for the Lakers in a series vs Doc Rivers Clippers.
    I'm still saying, a Lakers vs Clippers WCF series could go either way !!!

Now .. the Brooklyn Nets 134-110 LOSS to Raptors, showed us a performance today of a team that does not belong in the postseason games .. Especially, without Durant, Kyrie, D.Jordan, and Dinwiddle !!!
    I wouldn't go so far as saying that getting beaten by the Raps means they shouldn't be in the playoffs, Raps went 7-8 in the bubble beating the Lakers, Nugs and Bucks. Nets are going to get swept by the World Champion Raps.

Veteran

Dame$$$ has been money since those missed free throws Iíve been busy meaning to post more but I loved seeing Dame$$$, Skinny Melo, and Nuric hand the Lakers their ass last night. Gonna be hard to for the Lakers to match the backcourt of the Blazers and Skinny Melo as a 4th option ainít to bad.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Dame$$$ has been money since those missed free throws Iíve been busy meaning to post more but I loved seeing Dame$$$, Skinny Melo, and Nuric hand the Lakers their ass last night. Gonna be hard to for the Lakers to match the backcourt of the Blazers and Skinny Melo as a 4th option ainít to bad.
    The Blazers Big Money Dame Lillard 100-93 WIN, made the Lebron/AD champ-contender Lakers look like a Fraud in the first game of their postseason series.
    Rondo and Bradley, the Lakers need your help ASAP!
    Maybe, I been all wrong bout Loser-Melo, he has become a decent player when he's the team 4th option on offense. A healthy Nurkic back in the Blazers lineup shows a big improvement.

The (Gordonless) Orlando Magics 9-Man rotation outscored the East champ-contenders Bucks in all four quarters in the first game of their postseason series 122-110 Magics WIN.
    I guess Home-Court advantage is True LOL

Veteran

Pretty surreal watching KP and Tim jr. taking it to MM and the Clippers. Did we get any worthwhile assets out of any of those trades? We should be at this bubble tournament because itís anyoneís Chip to steal. RJ should be getting the reps instead of watching at home like us. The Knicks have been a very poorly run franchise for the better part of two decades now and itís pathetic. Would it have hurt to fly to Latvia and sit down with KP and his brother instead of being stand-off-ish? It was stupid to think Durant was coming after you traded the man Durant dubbed ďthe unicorn.Ē Iím having a blast watching this tournament. But seeing so many former Knicks shining even Danilo Gallinari makes me think what if we had half those guys on the roster now. Rant over I hope the Lakers and Bucks lose again tonight

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Pretty surreal watching KP and Tim jr. taking it to MM and the Clippers. Did we get any worthwhile assets out of any of those trades? We should be at this bubble tournament because itís anyoneís Chip to steal. RJ should be getting the reps instead of watching at home like us. The Knicks have been a very poorly run franchise for the better part of two decades now and itís pathetic. Would it have hurt to fly to Latvia and sit down with KP and his brother instead of being stand-off-ish? It was stupid to think Durant was coming after you traded the man Durant dubbed ďthe unicorn.Ē Iím having a blast watching this tournament. But seeing so many former Knicks shining even Danilo Gallinari makes me think what if we had half those guys on the roster now. Rant over I hope the Lakers and Bucks lose again tonight

The Mavs head-coach Carlisle has 3 ex-Knicks players in his postseason rotation plus 2 are starters. The Mavs tied the series 1-1 against Clippers Coach Docs star lineup last night, had me repeating my insults on the Knicks organization never hiring a GM & head-coach on the same-page that's capable of remaining with the Knicks for 4 straight years in the past 2 decades. It's not the Knicks players that are bad it's the Knicks owner Dolan's sorry decision-making on management, and head-coaches.
    The Knicks has hired/FIRED EIGHT (8) different head-coaches in the past decade.
    Now that's SORRY-sorry-sorry mismanagement SMH !!!
    How long will Thibs last ???

12th man

I wouldn't go so far as saying that getting beaten by the Raps means they shouldn't be in the playoffs, Raps went 7-8 in the bubble beating the Lakers, Nugs and Bucks. Nets are going to get swept by the World Champion Raps.
    Bingo, Nets got swept.

12th man

Nba Logo

The Toronto Raptors 150-122 WIN over the Brooklyn Nets to gain
    a 4-0 sweep are looking-good to go to the ECF to hold-down their Championship grounds.
    The Nets Fired the head-coach (Atkinson) that could've pulled a win or two out of the series.

The Boston Celtricks 110-106 WIN over the Ben SimmonsLESS Philly 76ers looked the same as the previous Boston 3 wins .. Boston swept the 76ers 4-0 in the postseason Bubble.

The Dallas Mavs young star Doncic pulled a (Magic Johnson/Larry Bird) last-shot 135-133 overtime playoff WIN over the Doc Rivers L.A. Clippers to TIE the series at 2-2 .. Great Game to watch !!!

12th man

The Toronto Raptors 150-122 WIN over the Brooklyn Nets to gain
    a 4-0 sweep are looking-good to go to the ECF to hold-down their Championship grounds.
    The Nets Fired the head-coach (Atkinson) that could've pulled a win or two out of the series.

The Boston Celtricks 110-106 WIN over the Ben SimmonsLESS Philly 76ers looked the same as the previous Boston 3 wins .. Boston swept the 76ers 4-0 in the postseason Bubble.

The Dallas Mavs young star Doncic pulled a (Magic Johnson/Larry Bird) last-shot 135-133 overtime playoff WIN over the Doc Rivers L.A. Clippers to TIE the series at 2-2 .. Great Game to watch !!!
    Young Luka said hitting the game winner was the best feeling he’s had in his life. Best game of the playoffs so far, 2 ex-Knicks not named Porzingis THJ and Trey put up 46 and filled in admirably for their injured teammate. Trey needs to find a spot ahead of Barea.

Paul George needs to start living up to his billing as one of the best 2 way players soon otherwise we may see the Mavs in the WC finals.

12th man

He's not available but Fred Vanvleet is. Dropped 30 going 11-15 and 8-10 from deep along with 11 dimes, he's unrestricted and TOR is going to match anyone you have to believe but the Knicks have to try.
    Slew of articles about Vanvleet being a FA target of the Knicks. Go get him and move on from Payton.

I do think PG is their main focus, either in draft, via trade, or free agent signing. What I like about simply signing FReddy is we wonít over reach for PG in the draft or settle on one available on trade market. Seems a safer bet, and with Freddy... and Randle... a good draft... is that we will
    Be a 40-win playoff team and on the right track.

I want BPA at 8, if thatís a PG... fine. But donít reach for a need.

Porzingis still struggling with his knee. Hes definitely taken his game up another level but that won't matter if he cant stay healthy. Still is tough to watch these ex Knicks contributing with the Mavs