NBA Restart: Are you watching??! Let?s discuss!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Melo has fit in quite well in Portland. He’s slimmed down looks to be great shape.
Remember when they were trying to pick him up from the Knicks as their 3rd star. Well they got him on the cheap without having to give up anything and he's been just as important as CJ for them in the bubble.

Dame having a great season, putting up 6 of his 11 career 50 plus games this season along with the highest scoring avg of his career at 29.8 per game.

Lakers better kick it up from their play in the bubble otherwise Blazers may upset them.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I was so .. looking forward to the Memphis Grizz rookie Ja Morrant to grab the 8th seed in the West.
The Grizz young 2-Way star Jaren Jackson Jr. torn meniscus in his left knee took him out of the remainder 2020 season, and the Grizz team chances of making the playoffs .. SAD!

The Portland Blazers will get swept in the first round having (loser) Melo in their game rotation !!!
The Brooklyn Nets are on a 3 game win streak without their star players Durant & Kyrie Irving.
If the Nets beat the Blazers tonight .. we could blame the Blazers loss on loser-Melo LOL

tiger0330

Legend
I was so .. looking forward to the Memphis Grizz rookie Ja Morrant to grab the 8th seed in the West. The Grizz young 2-Way star Jaren Jackson Jr. torn meniscus in his left knee took him out of the remainder 2020 season, and the Grizz team chances of making the playoffs .. SAD! The Portland Blazers will get swept in the first round having (loser) Melo in their game rotation !!! The Brooklyn Nets are on a 3 game win streak without their star players Durant & Kyrie Irving. If the Nets beat the Blazers tonight .. we could blame the Blazers loss on loser-Melo LOL
Griz were playing like crap even with JJ. They were heavily favored to get the 8th seed coming into the bubble but winning 1 game so far and JJ out may mean the Suns sneak by them. Its on the line for the Blazers, Nets are a lock for the 7th seed win or lose but POR with a win goes to the one game playin. Two must win games for Dame, CJ and Melo, tonight and the playin.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Griz are in the playin trouncing the Giannis-less Bucks. Suns beat the Mavs for a perfect record in the bubble but Blazers must lose for them to meet the Griz in the playin. I hope the Nets put their best team out there and rest no one against POR.

tiger0330

Legend
Griz are in the playin trouncing the Giannis-less Bucks. Suns beat the Mavs for a perfect record in the bubble but Blazers must lose for them to meet the Griz in the playin. I hope the Nets put their best team out there and rest no one against POR.
Blazers pull out a narrow one pt victory. Great game, Nets rested no one despite having the 7 seed locked up and having nothing to gain with a win. Blazers and Griz in the playin for the 8th seed and a playoff spot, win or go fishing for the Griz, if the Griz win Blazers get one more chance on Sunday to secure their playoff spot with a win.

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What a great game between the Blazers and Grizzlies, i'm super glad to see Lillard and Melo in the playoffs!

tiger0330

Legend
What a great game between the Blazers and Grizzlies, i'm super glad to see Lillard and Melo in the playoffs!
POR is not an 8th seed playoff team, they're better. Though I thought their wins against the Nets and Griz should have been easier. Blazers are the highest scoring team in the bubble and I think the Lakers are the only team scoring less than 100 in the bubble and I said the LeBron and the Lakers better pick it up otherwise they're going to be upset. Should be a great series

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Blazers super-star Damian Lillard put the Blazers team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter for the 126-122 win over the Memphis Grizz to become the 8th seeded west coast team.
The Blazers having no-Defense in any of their forwards or SG rotation have me believing the Blazers will get Swept in the first-round by the Lakers.
At the start of the 2019-20 season, I thought Damian Lilard's Blazers & Chris Paul's OKC & Donovan Mitchell's Jazz would be fighting for the Western conference 4th, 5th & 6th seeded team at the end of the season. I had put the Lakers, Clippers, & Rockets receiving the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd West seeded teams.
I notice from watching the Bubble-Games .. The Blazers head-coach never showed to have a decent winning defensive-plan in the regular season to beat any west coast team in a playoff series.

tiger0330

Legend
Blazers super-star Damian Lillard put the Blazers team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter for the 126-122 win over the Memphis Grizz to become the 8th seeded west coast team.
The Blazers having no-Defense in any of their forwards or SG rotation have me believing the Blazers will get Swept in the first-round by the Lakers.
At the start of the 2019-20 season, I thought Damian Lilard's Blazers & Chris Paul's OKC & Donovan Mitchell's Jazz would be fighting for the Western conference 4th, 5th & 6th seeded team at the end of the season. I had put the Lakers, Clippers, & Rockets receiving the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd West seeded teams.
I notice from watching the Bubble-Games .. The Blazers head-coach never showed to have a decent winning defensive-plan in the regular season to beat any west coast team in a playoff series.
Stephan A. predicted this is going to seven games and it might with the way Dame is playing and the Lakers better pick up their play, they went 3-5 in the bubble and I agree with Stephan A. the Lakers have plenty to worry about in a possible upset playing them.

Going to be interesting with all the games being played in the bubble where there isn't going to the home court advantage that teams play all season for, who comes out on top. You would think this would be the environment that the favorites and not the underdogs have the edge esp in the first round.

The Lakers were my team to win it all but the Van Gundy brothers have changed my opinion about that Clipper team, Reggie Jackson and Morris Sr. better pickups than Waiters, JR and Markief. The Lakers will miss Bradley and Rondo. Best 2 way wings in Kawhi and PG along with deepest team as the Van Gundys describe them has me on the Clips bandwagon.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell, from town I was born in, drops 57 points today for Utah in a loss. 3rd most in post season history

Kiyaman

Legend
Stephan A. predicted this is going to seven games and it might with the way Dame is playing and the Lakers better pick up their play, they went 3-5 in the bubble and I agree with Stephan A. the Lakers have plenty to worry about in a possible upset playing them.

Going to be interesting with all the games being played in the bubble where there isn't going to the home court advantage that teams play all season for, who comes out on top. You would think this would be the environment that the favorites and not the underdogs have the edge esp in the first round.

The Lakers were my team to win it all but the Van Gundy brothers have changed my opinion about that Clipper team, Reggie Jackson and Morris Sr. better pickups than Waiters, JR and Markief. The Lakers will miss Bradley and Rondo. Best 2 way wings in Kawhi and PG along with deepest team as the Van Gundys describe them has me on the Clips bandwagon.

I became a big fan of Damian Lillard after watching his rookie performance too, just like Stephan A.. But .. the Lakers & the Clippers performance are to well performed to give a 35-39 Blazers team one win in the 2019-20 season.

The Clippers Doc Rivers has several easy b.ball plans on getting to the WCF having a dynamic 9-Man rotation lead by Kawhi ....
Yes! The Lakers will miss Rondo's star postseason performance big-time against the Clippers star-guard rotation .. However, J.R Smith & Waiters defensive experience, and 3-ball shooting will become a must need for the Lakers in a series vs Doc Rivers Clippers.
I'm still saying, a Lakers vs Clippers WCF series could go either way !!!

Now .. the Brooklyn Nets 134-110 LOSS to Raptors, showed us a performance today of a team that does not belong in the postseason games .. Especially, without Durant, Kyrie, D.Jordan, and Dinwiddle !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Donovan Mitchell, from town I was born in, drops 57 points today for Utah in a loss. 3rd most in post season history

He's not available but Fred Vanvleet is. Dropped 30 going 11-15 and 8-10 from deep along with 11 dimes, he's unrestricted and TOR is going to match anyone you have to believe but the Knicks have to try.

tiger0330

Legend
I became a big fan of Damian Lillard after watching his rookie performance too, just like Stephan A.. But .. the Lakers & the Clippers performance are to well performed to give a 35-39 Blazers team one win in the 2019-20 season.

The Clippers Doc Rivers has several easy b.ball plans on getting to the WCF having a dynamic 9-Man rotation lead by Kawhi ....
Yes! The Lakers will miss Rondo's star postseason performance big-time against the Clippers star-guard rotation .. However, J.R Smith & Waiters defensive experience, and 3-ball shooting will become a must need for the Lakers in a series vs Doc Rivers Clippers.
I'm still saying, a Lakers vs Clippers WCF series could go either way !!!

Now .. the Brooklyn Nets 134-110 LOSS to Raptors, showed us a performance today of a team that does not belong in the postseason games .. Especially, without Durant, Kyrie, D.Jordan, and Dinwiddle !!!

I wouldn't go so far as saying that getting beaten by the Raps means they shouldn't be in the playoffs, Raps went 7-8 in the bubble beating the Lakers, Nugs and Bucks. Nets are going to get swept by the World Champion Raps.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dame$$$ has been money since those missed free throws I?ve been busy meaning to post more but I loved seeing Dame$$$, Skinny Melo, and Nuric hand the Lakers their ass last night. Gonna be hard to for the Lakers to match the backcourt of the Blazers and Skinny Melo as a 4th option ain?t to bad.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dame$$$ has been money since those missed free throws I?ve been busy meaning to post more but I loved seeing Dame$$$, Skinny Melo, and Nuric hand the Lakers their ass last night. Gonna be hard to for the Lakers to match the backcourt of the Blazers and Skinny Melo as a 4th option ain?t to bad.

The Blazers Big Money Dame Lillard 100-93 WIN, made the Lebron/AD champ-contender Lakers look like a Fraud in the first game of their postseason series.
Rondo and Bradley, the Lakers need your help ASAP!
Maybe, I been all wrong bout Loser-Melo, he has become a decent player when he's the team 4th option on offense. A healthy Nurkic back in the Blazers lineup shows a big improvement.

The (Gordonless) Orlando Magics 9-Man rotation outscored the East champ-contenders Bucks in all four quarters in the first game of their postseason series 122-110 Magics WIN.
I guess Home-Court advantage is True LOL

jimkcchief88

All Star
Pretty surreal watching KP and Tim jr. taking it to MM and the Clippers. Did we get any worthwhile assets out of any of those trades? We should be at this bubble tournament because it?s anyone?s Chip to steal. RJ should be getting the reps instead of watching at home like us. The Knicks have been a very poorly run franchise for the better part of two decades now and it?s pathetic. Would it have hurt to fly to Latvia and sit down with KP and his brother instead of being stand-off-ish? It was stupid to think Durant was coming after you traded the man Durant dubbed ?the unicorn.? I?m having a blast watching this tournament. But seeing so many former Knicks shining even Danilo Gallinari makes me think what if we had half those guys on the roster now. Rant over I hope the Lakers and Bucks lose again tonight:)

Kiyaman

Legend
Pretty surreal watching KP and Tim jr. taking it to MM and the Clippers. Did we get any worthwhile assets out of any of those trades? We should be at this bubble tournament because it?s anyone?s Chip to steal. RJ should be getting the reps instead of watching at home like us. The Knicks have been a very poorly run franchise for the better part of two decades now and it?s pathetic. Would it have hurt to fly to Latvia and sit down with KP and his brother instead of being stand-off-ish? It was stupid to think Durant was coming after you traded the man Durant dubbed ?the unicorn.? I?m having a blast watching this tournament. But seeing so many former Knicks shining even Danilo Gallinari makes me think what if we had half those guys on the roster now. Rant over I hope the Lakers and Bucks lose again tonight:)

The Mavs head-coach Carlisle has 3 ex-Knicks players in his postseason rotation plus 2 are starters. The Mavs tied the series 1-1 against Clippers Coach Docs star lineup last night, had me repeating my insults on the Knicks organization never hiring a GM & head-coach on the same-page that's capable of remaining with the Knicks for 4 straight years in the past 2 decades. It's not the Knicks players that are bad it's the Knicks owner Dolan's sorry decision-making on management, and head-coaches.
The Knicks has hired/FIRED EIGHT (8) different head-coaches in the past decade.
Now that's SORRY-sorry-sorry mismanagement SMH !!!
How long will Thibs last ???